+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

dhruvy

Feb 13, 2018
My classmate applied PGWP inland 2.5 months after he graduated... Now after almost 3.5 months, his PGWP is refused....
The 180 days are over..approx 193 days after letter of graduation have now passed.

What are his options? Can he apply again with the relevant documents? ... or does the 180 days limit apply to him and he cant apply /?
Can you provide the reason for rejection? I think you can reapply with proper justification. Also can you please provide the timeline of your friend?

Braykhna Khan

Jun 18, 2019
Can you provide the reason for rejection? I think you can reapply with proper justification. Also can you please provide the timeline of your friend?
The friend had failed one of the courses and also was part-time for one semester. But I was also part-time during one summer semester. So idk if thats a bad thing?

dhruvy

Feb 13, 2018
The friend had failed one of the courses and also was part-time for one semester. But I was also part-time during one summer semester. So idk if thats a bad thing?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/eligibility.html

It states -
  • maintained full-time status as a student in Canada during each semester of your study program
    • This doesn’t include your final semester, which can be part-time, or if you took an approved leave from your studies.
    • If you had to stop studying or change to part-time studies between March 2020 and the fall semester in 2020 because of reasons related to COVID-19, you may still be eligible for a PGWP.
So please check the link, I m not sure if your friend studied part-time last semester?

This is what I found out, hope it helps!!

Braykhna Khan

Jun 18, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/eligibility.html

It states -
  • maintained full-time statusas a student in Canada during each semester of your study program
    • This doesn’t include your final semester, which can be part-time, or if you took an approved leave from your studies.
    • If you had to stop studying or change to part-time studies between March 2020 and the fall semester in 2020 because of reasons related to COVID-19, you may still be eligible for a PGWP.
So please check the link, I m not sure if your friend studied part-time last semester?

This is what I found out, hope it helps!!
I hope this does not affect my application because I was part-time in my summer semester.

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
My Study permit extension is in progress and my current stduy permit is valid till July.
Does flagpoling can be done only at Us-Canada border ? or Can I do flag-poling when I enter Canada from other country ?
Yes, you can also do it after coming back to Canada by air, sea from St. Pierre - Miquelon. But that may mean you might need a visa for that country from where you're departing. The other option could be applying for the permit in a Canadian airport after returning from your home country.
Keep in mind in all the above instances (except when returning from St. Pierre & USA) you will require a valid TRV when returning from Canada.

Reactions: pilotakram