+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

nakhsanajzad

Apr 5, 2022
Thanks for your replies, my friends. Neither my TRV nor my study permit is valid, so I believe I have to wait. Thank you
raynadukkandy for your info. I will apply for my TRV as soon as I got approved for PGWP from the IRCC portal then.

Braykhna Khan

Jun 18, 2019
Wohoo, congratulations. I just have a question here. So you applied in January and went where exactly? The officer checked your documents and issued you a PGWP on the spot?
If that’s the case then I want to go as well cause I have been waiting since January as well and I have to visit my country as soon as possible before July.
Please help me here what to do! I would really appreciate it.

I got the PGWP today by flag polling completed my studies in December applied PGWP in January was waiting from long time so went to nearest border and had all the paperwork with me.
Officer took transcripts and degree issues a 3 years work permit of 2 years studies.
Thanks to everyone here in group!!
Also wanted to know now should I withdraw my IRCC application?

C_from_ON

Star Member
Mar 29, 2022
Wohoo, congratulations. I just have a question here. So you applied in January and went where exactly? The officer checked your documents and issued you a PGWP on the spot?
If that’s the case then I want to go as well cause I have been waiting since January as well and I have to visit my country as soon as possible before July.
Please help me here what to do! I would really appreciate it.
Check what the flagpole is. There are several reviews regarding it, including mine.
I got the PGWP on the same day I did flagpoling, and my study permit was still valid at that time.
(See some more details in my written replies.)

As I mentioned there, there are a few borders which process the work/study permits.
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/settle-setablir-eng.html
Check the operating hours and available borders. Those are in Ontario and Quebec provinces.
(I don't know whether there are more borders which locate on other provinces and support flagpoling..)
You need to check whether you can access one of those borders by walk if you don't have or won't rent a car.

Personally, if you are really urgent and willing to drive/walk to the border, it can be a good solution.
However, you must consider your time and cost as well as the cancellation of the existing application after you get the PGWP before it is in review.
For me, I already submitted the webform for the refund but have not gotten any response yet.

Braykhna Khan

Jun 18, 2019
Thanks so much for the details. This really helped me. However, I applied on January 13th and didn’t receive a letter either. So, I’m wondering if I should go too and get this done.
I have a temporary resident visa as of now so I’m not quite sure if I will be allowed on the US border? I live in Vancouver so do you mind helping me out here to which location should I go?

Check what the flagpole is. There are several reviews regarding it, including mine.
I got the PGWP on the same day I did flagpoling, and my study permit was still valid at that time.

As I mentioned there, there are a few borders which process the work/study permits.
Check the operating hours and available borders. Those are in Ontario and Quebec provinces.
(I don't know whether there are more borders which locate on other provinces and support flagpoling..)
You need to check whether you can access one of those borders by walk if you don't have or won't rent a car.

Personally, if you are really urgent and willing to drive/walk to the border, it can be a good solution.
However, you must consider your time and cost as well as the cancellation of the existing application after you get the PGWP before it is in review.
For me, I already submitted the webform for the refund but have not gotten any response yet.

Braykhna Khan

Jun 18, 2019
May I ask from which province did you apply though?

QUOTE="C_from_ON, post: 10038046, member: 1083663"]

[/QUOTE]