+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Govardhan7

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Reactions: raynadukkandy

Alihandr0

Oct 22, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
Hi guys, I will meet the requirements in Fall 2022 and graduate in 2 academic calendars. Last summer, I didn't register at term and forgot to take permission from Carleton University . My University informed me that they cannot give leave of absence for previous semesters. ISSO said that when I applied for pgwp, I might have difficulties, that I might have to explain the situation and convince the officer. Has anyone experienced a similar situation? I will be very happy if you share your ideas. Thanks.

jjj123545

Dec 23, 2021
PGWP approved today
Inland Vancouver BC

applied: Dec 12 2021
eligibility review: April 1 2022
Approved: April 1 2022

I never received any messages or any notifications at all. But the status just changed.

Wish you all the best!
Cheers!
Congratulations thanks for letting us know

C_from_ON

Star Member
Mar 29, 2022
Hi guys, I will meet the requirements in Fall 2022 and graduate in 2 academic calendars. Last summer, I didn't register at term and forgot to take permission from Carleton University . My University informed me that they cannot give leave of absence for previous semesters. ISSO said that when I applied for pgwp, I might have difficulties, that I might have to explain the situation and convince the officer. Has anyone experienced a similar situation? I will be very happy if you share your ideas. Thanks.
I share my case because I think it is relevant to yours.
I got my Master's degree (Thesis-based) on mid-January 2022 and recently obtained my PGWP through flagpoling.
During my Master's study, I spent around 3 years due to several difficulties including COVID.
Note that I registered all Winter and Fall terms before Fall 2021.

Here were three Spring-Summer terms (May-August):
2019 (1st): The leave of absence was not approved (They said I didn't need it).
2020 (2nd): The leave of absence was approved (I think it is due to COVID).
2021 (3rd): I registered because of the thesis defence.

** Explanation regarding registrations **
By the policy, I had to register the previous term right before the thesis defence.
Therefore, I registered the Spring-Summer term (May-Aug 2021) due to the thesis defence. (With the only course: Master's thesis)
My thesis defence was done in December 2021 and I got the refund for the Fall 2021 term. (Not registered in Fall 2021 term as a result.)
Due to the long weekends around Christmas, I finally fulfilled all the requirements for the degree in January 2022.

When I check my official transcript, there are only six terms:
2019 & 2020: Winter/Fall
2021: Winter/Spring-Summer
And 'Degree requirements fulfilled' with the issuance date (Mid-January, 2022).

As you see my previous replies, I successfully received my PGWP via flagpoling without any issues.
I was not asked when I submitted PGWP application documents in the Canada border office.
I think if you had done your coursework and thesis continuously, it would not be an issue.
But if you have other reasons, it would be better to write a letter for explanation and attach it when you submit the application.

If you have any questions, please leave comments here.

Alihandr0

Oct 22, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
I share my case because I think it is relevant to yours.
I got my Master's degree (Thesis-based) on mid-January 2022 and recently obtained my PGWP through flagpoling.
During my Master's study, I spent around 3 years due to several difficulties including COVID.
Note that I registered all Winter and Fall terms before Fall 2021.

Here were three Spring-Summer terms (May-August):
2019 (1st): The leave of absence was not approved (They said I didn't need it).
2020 (2nd): The leave of absence was approved (I think it is due to COVID).
2021 (3rd): I registered because of the thesis defence.

** Explanation regarding registrations **
By the policy, I had to register the previous term right before the thesis defence.
Therefore, I registered the Spring-Summer term (May-Aug 2021) due to the thesis defence. (With the only course: Master's thesis)
My thesis defence was done in December 2021 and I got the refund for the Fall 2021 term. (Not registered in Fall 2021 term as a result.)
Due to the long weekends around Christmas, I finally fulfilled all the requirements for the degree in January 2022.

When I check my official transcript, there are only six terms:
2019 & 2020: Winter/Fall
2021: Winter/Spring-Summer
And 'Degree requirements fulfilled' with the issuance date (Mid-January, 2022).

As you see my previous replies, I successfully received my PGWP via flagpoling without any issues.
I was not asked when I submitted PGWP application documents in the Canada border office.
I think if you had done your coursework and thesis continuously, it would not be an issue.
But if you have other reasons, it would be better to write a letter for explanation and attach it when you submit the application.

If you have any questions, please leave comments here.
I used Unauthorized break. Without leave of absence im. What can I do to make sure this doesn't cause trouble? I'm scared that my pgwp application will be rejected. Thank you for your reply.

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
I used Unauthorized break. Without leave of absence im. What can I do to make sure this doesn't cause trouble? I'm scared that my pgwp application will be rejected. Thank you for your reply.
Could you please elaborate as to why you took an unauthorized leave of absence? It would help.