+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

deanw1

Nov 24, 2021
PGWP update:
Applied: November 22
Review started: March 30
Approved: March 31
3 years, applied Inland Ontario

I did a 16 months Masters program (finished in 2 years due to research). My previous PGWP application was refused so, this was really stressful. Got help from my university's immigration team this time around while preparing the LOE. All the best everyone!

Govardhan7

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Good Morning Guys
PGWP Approved 3 years.
Applied Oct21 for reconsideration
Status Updated: March 31st
Total: 158 days
Still waiting for my spouse OWP not yet updated about OWP as of now.
How long it take to get in-canada approval letter after PGWP status approval..? and how long it takes for PGWP and OWP letters to receive..? As I am going to relocate in 2weeks.

jjj123545

Dec 23, 2021
PGWP update:
Applied: November 22
Review started: March 30
Approved: March 31
3 years, applied Inland Ontario

I did a 16 months Masters program (finished in 2 years due to research). My previous PGWP application was refused so, this was really stressful. Got help from my university's immigration team this time around while preparing the LOE. All the best everyone!
Congratulations
Could you share about your first pgwp application details???

jjj123545

Dec 23, 2021
Good Morning Guys
PGWP Approved 3 years.
How long it take to get in-canada approval letter after PGWP status approval..? and how long it takes for PGWP and OWP letters to receive..? As I am going to relocate in 2weeks.
Reconsideration?
Could you explain more about your case please

Govardhan7

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Reconsideration?
I completed 2years masters from Carleton however I received 1year PGWP which is expiring June 2022 which is in next 2months. We reapplied on Oct21/2021 along with my spouse OWP which was expired in Nov 2021. So now they reconsidered my PGWP to 3years, however still waiting for my spouse OWP. no status updated yet. Can anyone let me know how long it takes to get In-Canada approval letter and WP letters. As we are relocating in next 2 weeks.
I want to tell everyone things will happen but it takes time. I wish for everyone to get their WP ASAP. thank you guys for helping each other. I want to share this so people who are waiting for long time feels positive seeing my situation.

Reactions: Walecott

iamwad

Mar 4, 2022
Reconsideration?
Congratulations
Could you share about your first pgwp application details???
I had graduated in August 2021 but the officer believed I had graduated in December 2020 and was hence, out of status when I applied for pgwp in August. I have a thread posted for this particular issue with my application. Even the reconsideration request was refused.

Reactions: jjj123545

Govardhan7

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Good Morning Guys
PGWP Approved 3 years.
Sorry I need to correct, My reconsideration was also refused so I have reapplied on Oct21/2021 along with spouse OWP extention.

pilotakram

Star Member
Nov 9, 2021
Good Morning Guys
PGWP Approved 3 years.
I was following your posts since October, you never mentioned a reconsideration, now it makes sense why your eligibility review took that long. I know a few people that are waiting for more than 150 days for their reconsideration
Congratulations!

Govardhan7

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
I was following your posts since October, you never mentioned a reconsideration, now it makes sense why your eligibility review took that long. I know a few people that are waiting for more than 150 days for their reconsideration
Congratulations!
You mean for reconsideration they are taking long time..?

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
I completed 2years masters from Carleton however I received 1year PGWP which is expiring June 2022 which is in next 2months. We reapplied on Oct21/2021 along with my spouse OWP which was expired in Nov 2021. So now they reconsidered my PGWP to 3years, however still waiting for my spouse OWP. no status updated yet. Can anyone let me know how long it takes to get In-Canada approval letter and WP letters. As we are relocating in next 2 weeks.
I want to tell everyone things will happen but it takes time. I wish for everyone to get their WP ASAP. thank you guys for helping each other. I want to share this so people who are waiting for long time feels positive seeing my situation.
Should take ~2 days to receive the In Canada Approval Letter and ~ a week to receive the permit if you reside in the Central Region (ON, QC); ~ 3 days if you reside in the Western Region (BC, AB, SK, MB) and ~9 days if you live in other provinces/territories.

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Just another thing. If haven't received your WP by your moving date you can use Canada Post's Forwarding facility which would forward all your mail destined for your old address to your new address.
This is the link: https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/support/articles/mail-forwarding/overview.page
Hope this helps...