+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Vinoth95

Star Member
Dec 2, 2019
I applied on Jan 22 2022. Still no update in application. We can probably expect our decision in April end if they continue to process at current speeds. I see Dec applicants are getting approvals.

RavSammeta

Mar 29, 2022
I applied on Jan 22 2022. Still no update in application. We can probably expect our decision in April end if they continue to process at current speeds. I see Dec applicants are getting approvals.
Yeah hopefully we get this by the end of April but my friend is still waiting for his confirmation as he applied on November 23,2022. All the processing times are confusing and frustrating at the same time. Thanks for your reply.

Reactions: sarper61

C_from_ON

Star Member
Mar 29, 2022
Hi, I had just seen replies in this thread and I'm new to write something here.
I want to share my flagpole experience yesterday (Mar 29, 2022). I visited one border on Quebec province (There are 2 as far as I know).

First of all, I applied for PGWP in Jan 21, 2022 and had not received anything after WP-EXT letter.
It took around an hour from Montreal, QC to reach the border by a car.
I directly went to the US border and an officer let me proceed to the inspection area.
For flagpole individuals, neither I-94 (Temporary Visa) nor ESTA needed in the US border. Also, no need to take any COVID tests.

After I got an instruction that I need to drive to 'Go to Canada' direction, the officer (US side) gave my passport and documents to me before I went to the Canada side.
I drove through the Canada border and the border officer there asked me the purpose (Work permit-PGWP).
The border office asked me to proceed to the parking area by Canada Border Services Agency office.
I submitted my documents (Passport, Student permit, documents written for an online application - 2 documents in my case, transcript, completion letter) and was asked to wait in the car due to the capacity inside the office.
* For the transcipt, I forgot to bring the sealed one, but I brought the printed official transcipt because I already had the PDF version of it. (And I got approved!)

I arrived there before 1PM (Processing hours: Noon-7PM, Mon-Thur, check here: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/settle-setablir-eng.html) and there are several persons there (but not many).
For me, I spent 1 hour and 40 minutes in the car and got a phone call that I may enter the office.
No biometrics needed in this time. (I paid for the fees without biometrics fee.)
* There was a background check in the application this time. I hadn't had it when I applied for student permit and its extension before.

Because I got angry due to the processing time, I tried flagpoling in this time.
After I came back home, I checked the application numbers of the prior/current PGWP application.
Between two months (Jan 21 - Mar 29), the difference is around 480K. I guess this can be the reason for slow processing if the number increases 1 per application.

If you are urgent, I suggest you to go to the border with full documents.
Hope your best wishes.

Reactions: joannanyler

C_from_ON

Star Member
Mar 29, 2022
Hi, I had just seen replies in this thread and I'm new to write something here.
I want to share my flagpole experience yesterday (Mar 29, 2022). I visited one border on Quebec province (There are 2 as far as I know).

First of all, I applied for PGWP in Jan 21, 2022 and had not received anything after WP-EXT letter.
It took around an hour from Montreal, QC to reach the border by a car.
I directly went to the US border and an officer let me proceed to the inspection area.
For flagpole individuals, neither I-94 (Temporary Visa) nor ESTA needed in the US border. Also, no need to take any COVID tests.

After I got an instruction that I need to drive to 'Go to Canada' direction, the officer (US side) gave my passport and documents to me before I went to the Canada side.
I drove through the Canada border and the border officer there asked me the purpose (Work permit-PGWP).
The border office asked me to proceed to the parking area by Canada Border Services Agency office.
I submitted my documents (Passport, Student permit, documents written for an online application - 2 documents in my case, transcript, completion letter) and was asked to wait in the car due to the capacity inside the office.
* For the transcipt, I forgot to bring the sealed one, but I brought the printed official transcipt because I already had the PDF version of it. (And I got approved!)

I arrived there before 1PM (Processing hours: Noon-7PM, Mon-Thur, check here: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/settle-setablir-eng.html) and there are several persons there (but not many).
For me, I spent 1 hour and 40 minutes in the car and got a phone call that I may enter the office.
No biometrics needed in this time. (I paid for the fees without biometrics fee.)
* There was a background check in the application this time. I hadn't had it when I applied for student permit and its extension before.

Because I got angry due to the processing time, I tried flagpoling in this time.
After I came back home, I checked the application numbers of the prior/current PGWP application.
Between two months (Jan 21 - Mar 29), the difference is around 480K. I guess this can be the reason for slow processing if the number increases 1 per application.

If you are urgent, I suggest you to go to the border with full documents.
Hope your best wishes.
Forgot to mention. The expiry date of my study permit was around August 2022.

Reactions: pilotakram

Walecott

Mar 24, 2019
Victoria, BC
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
Processing time is currently 135 days.
On the website it says they are finalizing applications received Sept 26-October 2
But if you remove 135 days from today, that should be November 15.
November applicants that haven't gotten a response yet should be hopeful for something within the next two weeks

jeffjay

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
Processing time is currently 135 days.
On the website it says they are finalizing applications received Sept 26-October 2
But if you remove 135 days from today, that should be November 15.
November applicants that haven't gotten a response yet should be hopeful for something within the next two weeks
Just be mindful about the sampling used to calculate the time period. It is based on past 8 weeks. Therefore, I believe it is lagging.

Reactions: Walecott

the13thtee

Star Member
Dec 19, 2021
Hi again everyone,

Finally they approved our application. I applied pgwp, My wife OPW and visitor record for our son. They gave us 3 years WP It was long journey From 16th November to 29th of March but finally happy ending.
After graduation I didnt find full time work, before Applied I have only offer letter. We put the application form. My wife has a job and we added her emploeyment letter too. They accepted. I hope that everyone can get WP as soon as possible. It was hard time for all of us. Stay safe
Is your wife here in Canada? If not what is the home country?