+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

13sohrab

Jan 26, 2021
People are worrying after applying 3 months back. I applied pgwp on September 21 2020. Filed transferred to Etobicoke on feb 2 2021. Transfer reason is work load re distribution in gcms notes. Waiting for more than 10 months. This is actually depressing.

Reactions: binkdot5

andymro28

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
People are worrying after applying 3 months back. I applied pgwp on September 21 2020. Filed transferred to Etobicoke on feb 2 2021. Transfer reason is work load re distribution in gcms notes. Waiting for more than 10 months. This is actually depressing.
I don’t understand what’s the reason for your application to be transferred to Etobicoke? Work load re distribution?

andymro28

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
Yeah maybe backlog. Gcms notes say nothing adverse or any negative info.let's see. Maybe they are too backlogged.
I hope you get an answer pretty soon. That’s just way too long.
but I think your response will be positive,cause if they were going to refuse your application they would have done it by now

yp09121993

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
There has to be a reason why this kind of applications take so long to be approved. It doesn’t make sense for a random application to take 300 more days to process without any outstanding reasons.
All they told me was that we are processing your application and your documents look alright.

yp09121993

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
I remember you on Reddit, did the provincial government restore your health card?

Congratulations!!! Stay strong, stay cool!
Thank you.I will do it once I receive the physical copy. I have applied for TR to PR in May 2021 and within 1 month I am eligible for EE. Everything is coming together :).

Reactions: Justmeee

omegaflowerz

Aug 11, 2021
Hi everyone. Anyone applied June 14th? or anyone here approved from June applications? It's getting close to 2 months wait and I am so anxious.

Also a curious question- why is everyone asking for the last 6 digits of application number. It shows your number line and how many people or what? In this case it can't be possible they have received 700k PGWP applications huh? There aren't even that many students who graduated, including domestic.

osun0502

Aug 5, 2021
Hi everyone. Anyone applied June 14th? or anyone here approved from June applications? It's getting close to 2 months wait and I am so anxious.

Also a curious question- why is everyone asking for the last 6 digits of application number. It shows your number line and how many people or what? In this case it can't be possible they have received 700k PGWP applications huh? There aren't even that many students who graduated, including domestic.
I applied May 23rd and still nothing. So I’d say sit tight yours is still about a month away. And I’m not so sure why asking for the digits. Clearly the approvals are mostly timely based but there are many exceptions too.