+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Yes it was a full 2 years course officially designed. My passport is valid until 2026.
They made a mistake. Get it corrected by either contacting via web form. Or maybe file a work permit extension application and explain that this mistake happened and extend my work permit for two more years since I am eligible for 3 years PGWP.

janice_x

Jul 19, 2019
Currently I'm seeking for advice. I applied my pgwp on 28th of May and my current status (study permit and visa) expires on July 30th. After I applied for pgwp I left Canada and return to my home country. I've got a job offer and my position starts on Sept 23rd.
I have 2 options: 1) return Canada before my current status expires and wait almost 2 months to start my job;
2) wait for the result of my pgwp and after that apply for the renew of visa (takes about 2-3 weeks to process).
The first option is risk-free but I waste 2 months which I could spend time with my family before I officially start my position.
The second option bears risk because there is chance that I cannot return Canada before my position starts because of the long processing time of the pgwp.

Please give me some advice, recently I am so anxious and do not know what I should do. Thank all of you so much.

Canadagoose358

Jul 5, 2019
Currently I'm seeking for advice. I applied my pgwp on 28th of May and my current status (study permit and visa) expires on July 30th. After I applied for pgwp I left Canada and return to my home country. I've got a job offer and my position starts on Sept 23rd.
I have 2 options: 1) return Canada before my current status expires and wait almost 2 months to start my job;
2) wait for the result of my pgwp and after that apply for the renew of visa (takes about 2-3 weeks to process).
The first option is risk-free but I waste 2 months which I could spend time with my family before I officially start my position.
The second option bears risk because there is chance that I cannot return Canada before my position starts because of the long processing time of the pgwp.

Please give me some advice, recently I am so anxious and do not know what I should do. Thank all of you so much.
The second option looks risky because you have to not only wait for PGWP but also apply for a TRV, which according to current processing time takes more than a month. If I were you, I would return before the current status expires

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
It practically seems stalled at this moment
To all users, applicants who have a background of coming from 3rd world countries or war torn areas or where bureaucracy plays a big role would see their PGWP took more time because police clearance and bureaucracies delay the process of getting green signals from those countries.
They don't check anything with home country for PGWP its just there are a lot of applicants at this time probably, its also summer people dont work that hard I'm guessing.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
They don't check anything with home country for PGWP its just there are a lot of applicants at this time probably, its also summer people dont work that hard I'm guessing.
Exactly my opinion .
Since at POE , it's a swift 30 minute process .
If they were checking backgrounds or whatever , they won't be processing PGWP's at POE .

tyagifever

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Hi guys,
SO will be graduating in September and would apply for PGWP immediately. I plan to go back home to Indian for a month. Would I be able to return back to Canada while my work permit would still be under process? My visa and student permit are valid until December.

Akahdhdhdhdh

Oct 26, 2017
Hlo everyone applied on 11may received today on 18 july.But they gave me only one year pgwp.i am in stress now.I am done my study with reputated college with two years post graduate course.I am eligible for 3years pgwp. No any study gap No any failure in during my study also my GPA is 3.4. Can anyone now help me.I have no idea please help me .
have you called CIC? My friend has same situation he got for 1.5 years and then he called CIC and thet fixed and send him 3years work permit again.

Rkjj

Jul 18, 2019
have you called CIC? My friend has same situation he got for 1.5 years and then he called CIC and thet fixed and send him 3years work permit again.
Hey... I already called CIC today morning. They said that I also don't know reason you have get only one year pqwp and you are eligible for 3 year work permit and they sent notice to officer and you will get update within 1 or 2 weeks. Plz tell me after calling CIC your friend got 3years work permit.

Reactions: Asli and hkang12

choo_i16

Jun 3, 2019
Hi guys,
SO will be graduating in September and would apply for PGWP immediately. I plan to go back home to Indian for a month. Would I be able to return back to Canada while my work permit would still be under process? My visa and student permit are valid until December.

im not sure how many days after your final result out , to apply for PGWP... you dont want to miss the day. i think as far as you have a valid visa and permit plus valid passport ( more than 6 months) , you should be ok.