+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Das94

Apr 2, 2019
For the TRV (For those IN CANADA now) process after having received the physical copy of your open work permit -:

ONLY AFTER they request your passport -

Download form IMM5257E, fill it up. Create another checklist like how you had for the PGWP through CIC. Send all documents online (have to pay $100 !) after which CIC will request to send in your passport to get the TRV stamped.

Canada
Mail In

If you are currently located in Canada and are applying for a new study or temporary work permit, you will need to send your passport to a visa office in the United States.

If you are applying for a new temporary resident visa (MUST hold a valid study or work permit), please follow the instructions below.

Instructions for passport submission

To submit by mail or courier:

• We recommend that you purchase two prepaid Canada Post Xpresspost envelopes (Regional if you live in Ontario/Quebec; National for other provinces/territories), one letter-sized (318 x 241 mm) and the second standard-sized (260 x 159 mm), at any Canada Post retail outlet.
  • Complete the mailing label on the standard-sized envelope showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.
  • Make a note of tracking numbers for both envelopes.
  • Enclose the standard-sized envelope in the letter-sized envelope along with your passport and a copy of our request letter showing your application number.
  • If you do not submit a return prepaid Xpresspost envelope or if you provide a return prepaid envelope from any other private courier, we will return your passport by regular mail. Please note that our office is not responsible for any items lost in the mail.
Address the letter-size envelope to:

If sent by regular mail or Canada Post Xpresspost

Temporary Resident Visa Section
CPP - Ottawa (e-Application)
PO Box 9640
Ottawa, ON, K1G 6T2

If sent by private courier (only)

Temporary Resident Visa Section
CPP-Ottawa (e-Application)
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

Source - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport.html#C
What about, anyone out of canada?

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
This afternoon my Review of eligibility changed into "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." and Background check changed into "Not Applicable". How long it might take to get the decision? I applied PGWP on March 16.

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
This afternoon my Review of eligibility changed into "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." and Background check changed into "Not Applicable". How long it might take to get the decision? I applied PGWP on March 16.
Not more than a few days, probably tomorrow.
Wow March 16. Do you mind adding your info to the spreadsheet?

Das94

Apr 2, 2019
U sure, its march 16 or feb 16

Das94

Apr 2, 2019
I applied on March 16.
Great, bro....We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." I never, saw this kind of update for anyone till now, what does it really mean...very confused. I wish all goes well for you, keep posted.

Muche

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Great, bro....We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." I never, saw this kind of update for anyone till now, what does it really mean...very confused. I wish all goes well for you, keep posted.
what does it usually say

confusedsoul86

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Vancouver BC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-05-2021
Doc's Request.
Medical upfront
AOR Received.
19-05-2021
I received the physical copy of my work permit today, May 22nd. That's within 7 days, which included a weekend and a stat holiday! Very fast service.

With this, I am now officially signing off from this website until I apply for my PR.

Thanks everyone and see some of you next year or whenever you'll plan to apply for your Canadian PR.

Reactions: MGP34

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
I received the physical copy of my work permit today, May 22nd. That's within 7 days, which included a weekend and a stat holiday! Very fast service.

With this, I am now officially signing off from this website until I apply for my PR.

Thanks everyone and see some of you next year or whenever you'll plan to apply for your Canadian PR.
When did you applied for PGWP?

lotpp2018

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Hello, I need some help in terms of change in address, I applied for PGWP on March 8th and waiting for reply . However, I am moving to a new address, does any body knows how you shall I inform the visa officer about the change in address. I am so worried that I will be recieving the change in status or PGWP after I move out to new address that will make it so difficult to recieve my work permit in mail

Last edited:

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Hello, I need some help in terms of change in address, I applied for PGWP on March 8th and waiting for reply . However, I am moving to a new address, does any body knows how you shall I inform the visa officer about the change in address. I am so worried that I will be recieving the change in status or PGWP after I move out to new address that will make it so difficult to recieve my work permit in mail
Submit a webform inquiry.
Also go to Canada post and get mail forwarding.

Reactions: lotpp2018

bel

Jul 20, 2012
Hi everyone,
I applied for my PGWP on February 5,2019, but unfortunately no updates on my application its been 107 days processing already. Any suggestion on what to do? Most of my classmate got approved already...