+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

confusedsoul86

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Vancouver BC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-05-2021
Doc's Request.
Medical upfront
AOR Received.
19-05-2021
Actually my college don't provide completion letter, they said all student apply by transcript and official diploma
Why not? The new rules clearly states in bold on the CIC website that you need the completion letter and transcript. My application in November 2018 was rejected because I did not attach the completion letter.

Are you going to a private institution or a public govt accredited one ?

Reactions: Muche

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi

I am looking to apply for PGWP. I finished my course requirements in Winter 2019 and waiting on the university to provide me with the completion letter which I won't be able to get until July apparently.

From reading the forum, it looks like I need completion letter and transcript both to apply for I can apply based on transcript alone?

Do I need to give biometrics being an Indian citizen? If yes, where would I give it because apparently I need to leave the country.

What are the things I should keep in mind while applying?

Thanks.

kkkkkk

May 6, 2019
Hi

I am looking to apply for PGWP. I finished my course requirements in Winter 2019 and waiting on the university to provide me with the completion letter which I won't be able to get until July apparently.

From reading the forum, it looks like I need completion letter and transcript both to apply for I can apply based on transcript alone?

Do I need to give biometrics being an Indian citizen? If yes, where would I give it because apparently I need to leave the country.

What are the things I should keep in mind while applying?

Thanks.
You don't need to give biometrics.
You must upload completion letter and transcript with your PGWP application.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
You don't need to give biometrics.
You must upload completion letter and transcript with your PGWP application.
So do I pay the biometric fee when applying or not? The online CIC tool says I need to provide biometric and adds the fee to the total cost of application.

Do you know why I don't need to give biometrics?

Thanks.

kkkkkk

May 6, 2019
So do I pay the biometric fee when applying or not? The online CIC tool says I need to provide biometric and adds the fee to the total cost of application.

Thanks.
Nobody needs to provide biometrics unless CIC asked for it after submitting PGWP application. You just need to pay 255 dollar for your application. If CIC requires your biometrics, you will get message in your CIC account.
Which tool you used?

Last edited:

confusedsoul86

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Vancouver BC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-05-2021
Doc's Request.
Medical upfront
AOR Received.
19-05-2021

Thanks.
I wouldn't count on what others are saying because CIC keeps changing its rules. Your best bet is to check the CIC website. Also, if you're in Canada (as per the website), you don't need to leave the country, you'll need to locate a center that carries out the test within Canada. There was an article about how biometrics would become mandatory sometime in 2019. I just got my pgwp but didn't have to do it.

You need the completion letter and transcript. Definitely.

confusedsoul86

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Vancouver BC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-05-2021
Doc's Request.
Medical upfront
AOR Received.
19-05-2021
For the TRV (For those IN CANADA now) process after having received the physical copy of your open work permit -:

ONLY AFTER they request your passport -

Download form IMM5257E, fill it up. Create another checklist like how you had for the PGWP through CIC. Send all documents online (have to pay $100 !) after which CIC will request to send in your passport to get the TRV stamped.

Canada
Mail In

If you are currently located in Canada and are applying for a new study or temporary work permit, you will need to send your passport to a visa office in the United States.

If you are applying for a new temporary resident visa (MUST hold a valid study or work permit), please follow the instructions below.

Instructions for passport submission

To submit by mail or courier:

• We recommend that you purchase two prepaid Canada Post Xpresspost envelopes (Regional if you live in Ontario/Quebec; National for other provinces/territories), one letter-sized (318 x 241 mm) and the second standard-sized (260 x 159 mm), at any Canada Post retail outlet.
  • Complete the mailing label on the standard-sized envelope showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.
  • Make a note of tracking numbers for both envelopes.
  • Enclose the standard-sized envelope in the letter-sized envelope along with your passport and a copy of our request letter showing your application number.
  • If you do not submit a return prepaid Xpresspost envelope or if you provide a return prepaid envelope from any other private courier, we will return your passport by regular mail. Please note that our office is not responsible for any items lost in the mail.
Address the letter-size envelope to:

If sent by regular mail or Canada Post Xpresspost

Temporary Resident Visa Section
CPP - Ottawa (e-Application)
PO Box 9640
Ottawa, ON, K1G 6T2

If sent by private courier (only)

Temporary Resident Visa Section
CPP-Ottawa (e-Application)
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

Source - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport.html#C