+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

rey. lupango

May 14, 2019
I am not worried about the PGWP I think students will get that no matter what unless you make mistakes on the application. What I’m worried is getting a job that is related to your degree so that you can apply for a nomination after 6 mos

confusedsoul86

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Vancouver BC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-05-2021
Doc's Request.
Medical upfront
AOR Received.
19-05-2021
I am not worried about the PGWP I think students will get that no matter what unless you make mistakes on the application. What I’m worried is getting a job that is related to your degree so that you can apply for a nomination after 6 mos
PNP? Why do you need that? Just work in a field in the NOC list and apply for your PR after a year or two.

rey. lupango

May 14, 2019
One of the requirements for PGWP holder says the job must be related to the field of study. I have a bachelors degree in management and I work as a food processing labourer. Do you Guys think that’s fine.

confusedsoul86

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Vancouver BC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-05-2021
Doc's Request.
Medical upfront
AOR Received.
19-05-2021
One of the requirements for PGWP holder says the job must be related to the field of study. I have a bachelors degree in management and I work as a food processing labourer. Do you Guys think that’s fine.
Fine for what? For PR? No. If it's not in the NOC list, then you won't qualify for PR. Most laborer jobs are within NOC C and D.

csyal

Apr 27, 2019
Does anyone know if I can get provincial health insurance (OHIP) as soon as I get my PGWP or do I need to wait for a few months before I can apply?

rey. lupango

May 14, 2019
Fine for what? For PR? No. If it's not in the NOC list, then you won't qualify for PR. Most laborer jobs are within NOC C and D.
It is on the NOC list, it is food processing labourer. But my question is, can I stay on this job and apply for Nomination and how can I prove that it is related to my degree? One of the requirement for PGWP holder to apply for AOS is that their job has to be related to their field of study. I have a management degree and I’m working as a food processing labourer.