+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Prithvikp

May 13, 2019
Hi Everyone,
I applied for my PGWP through mail (paper based) on February 5th, 2019 and haven’t heard anything till now. Anyone with similar situation?

Prageecha

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
Hi Everyone,
I applied for my PGWP through mail (paper based) on February 5th, 2019 and haven’t heard anything till now. Anyone with similar situation?
I believe paper based is another 10 days extra than the online application. You should hear something by next week.

readysetgo

Star Member
Feb 9, 2019
Applied- Feb 9
Approved- May 13
PGWP until passport expiry, so until July 2020. I will have to renew it after I get a new passport. That's going to be another long process *sigh*. For now, this is a relief.

Quick question guys, I should update my SIN for sure once I get the permit, right? What about the TRV? Should I get a new one after I get the PGWP renewed? I don't have plans to leave the country until next year anyway.

MGP34

Apr 26, 2019
I applied 3 days after you, I'll definitely get mine this week then. Unless they decide to skip my application like they had in some other cases.
I have same case like you. My application once rejected in December after new rules i have applied on the same date 14th Feb. So i am also waiting for my work permit for 6 months. Hope to get work permit this week.

confusedsoul86

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Vancouver BC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-05-2021
Doc's Request.
Medical upfront
AOR Received.
19-05-2021
Applied- Feb 9
Approved- May 13
PGWP until passport expiry, so until July 2020. I will have to renew it after I get a new passport. That's going to be another long process *sigh*. For now, this is a relief.

Quick question guys, I should update my SIN for sure once I get the permit, right? What about the TRV? Should I get a new one after I get the PGWP renewed? I don't have plans to leave the country until next year anyway.
Definitely update your SIN. TRV should be done as a back up - in case you need to leave the country urgently. You can do it now or next year, whenever you want.

confusedsoul86

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Vancouver BC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-05-2021
Doc's Request.
Medical upfront
AOR Received.
19-05-2021
I have same case like you. My application once rejected in December after new rules i have applied on the same date 14th Feb. So i am also waiting for my work permit for 6 months. Hope to get work permit this week.
It's crazy how they give any reason. What transcript did you submit this time? Same as the last time or did the University/you figure out what the error was?

MGP34

Apr 26, 2019
It's crazy how they give any reason. What transcript did you submit this time? Same as the last time or did the University/you figure out what the error was?
They said Course Completion Detail was not mentioned in Transcript. I got the new transcript with all Details mentioned from University & submitted with all Required documents on 14th Feb. Hope to get this time otherwise i will be in big trouble.

confusedsoul86

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Vancouver BC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-05-2021
Doc's Request.
Medical upfront
AOR Received.
19-05-2021
They said Course Completion Detail was not mentioned in Transcript. I got the new transcript with all Details mentioned from University & submitted with all Required documents on 14th Feb. Hope to get this time otherwise i will be in big trouble.
Are you working anywhere?

Muche

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
same here, let me know how it goes, was your study permit still valid when u applied,

rey. lupango

May 14, 2019
Hi i just finished management degree at university of lethbridge and I applied PGWP April 29, still waiting. What did you coursed did you took