+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
First of all, thank you for the reply, I too believed it is possible to get 3 year permit, but I can't help to notice the note that was written below it

If the officer notes that the duration of studies was shorter than the duration of the program, as indicated in the letter confirming the completion of the program of study, and the program was not completed in an accelerated form, the post‑graduation work permit may be issued in accordance with the duration of studies. For example, if the applicant undertook classes for a period of 12 months, not in an accelerated form, but their degree notes that it is a 2‑year degree, the post-graduation work permit may be issued for 12 months, in accordance with the duration of their studies.

The above paragraph which was written in the cic website is really confusing, it's kinda states that 2 year course with 16 month actual study will given only 16 month permit, which means almost all the people who apply to diploma will get 16 month permit only, I would be very happy if you could enlighten me about this
This is my take on it. You are eligible for a 3 year PGWP if your letter says that you have completed a 2 year program. Anything more than 12 months is considered as 2 year program. Clearly 16 months makes it a 2 year program unless you have accelerated it to 12 months. As per me, You should get 3 year PGWP, No doubts in that.

hazzi

Apr 9, 2019
I applied for PGWP on 22 Jan. I saw in excel sheet that one person applied on 21 Jan, review of eligibility started. I am currently staying in homeland (not Canada) and may have to change my ticket by paying an additional fee. (This will be the third additional change o_O) When do you guys think mine will be approved?

Yg7062

Apr 3, 2019
Has anybody talked to cic about this matter, application before 23rd jan no review started nothing process

kt1342

Apr 11, 2019
maybe those who don't see any update and 89 has passed try contacting cic tomorrow to know status of your application
I called the IRCC this morning and they told me my application has been approved, although it still says 'review of eligibility' in my account. Kind of strange? I'm still waiting for the confirmation on my account; they told me they're just finishing up reviewing my application.

Kajal Gala

Mar 27, 2019
I called the IRCC this morning and they told me my application has been approved, although it still says 'review of eligibility' in my account. Kind of strange? I'm still waiting for the confirmation on my account; they told me they're just finishing up reviewing my application.
Yes same thing happend with me again
Call back again to them and tell them to give you your start date end date and application number as a contirmation over call -
My account still shows review of eligibility but mu workpermit is approved.
I am hoping to get my workpemit through mail this week

Reactions: kt1342

kt1342

Apr 11, 2019
Call back again to them and tell them to give you your start date end date and application number as a contirmation over call -
It's all so strange. Did they tell you how long it will be until it says 'approved' online? I need to renew my SIN and can't do that until I have some sort of proof that my application is approved.

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
It's all so strange. Did they tell you how long it will be until it says 'approved' online? I need to renew my SIN and can't do that until I have some sort of proof that my application is approved.
for you to extend your SIN, you need the physical document. Anything other than the document itself will not be accepted. Hence, you need to wait for the document to arrive in your mail.

natzetgo

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
I apllied for Post Graduation Work Permit on 18th Jan, 2019. I saw in excel sheet that one person applied on 19th Jan, review of eligibility started
But for 18th Jan, nothing happened
Any suggestion ?
even i applied on 18th Jan, 2019, no updates

natzetgo

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
whats the number to call IRCC??

natzetgo

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
How much time does it take for work permit to come on mail??