+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Iza1504

Aug 14, 2018
Just reading your messages. Congratulations to everyone that received a confirmation of PGWP.
I've applied on June 24 (incl my husband and daughter on the application).
Still haven't heard back

No update to the status of my application.

My original study visa was valid until January 2019 and my SIN expires on the same date. I currently work in a job cat NOC B, full time hours. This job was used to apply for my husband's visa extension based on my pgwp application.

Since I am still waiting for the approval... Can I change my job? I have an offer from another company, but do not have my pgwp approved yet... Any experience or thoughts from anyone

Last edited:

Desaiz

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Don't overthink lol. Approval is approval. You will get email & message after 1 day. The validity is under document status. You will either see 2019/2020/2021. Let me know if it works.
Did you get the message under the message section on the same day or after a day?

Shezzy

Aug 14, 2014
HI Everyone. I applied for TRV after my PGWP approval. PGWP expires in june 2021 but they gave me TRV only for 1 year.

I assumed TRV would be of the same duration as my PGWP even though my passport expires 2023. Any similar experiences? Is it a mistake from CIC?
Thanks in advance

uzumakinaruto

Star Member
Feb 11, 2017
Hi, Just wanted to share my experience... I applied for a PGWP online July 27, 2018... since then until August 14, 2018, no update. I decided to go to the border instead (North Dakota Border), I was able to get a PGWP after 2hours.

Wai

Aug 16, 2018
Hi, Just wanted to share my experience... I applied for a PGWP online July 27, 2018... since then until August 14, 2018, no update. I decided to go to the border instead (North Dakota Border), I was able to get a PGWP after 2hours.
I applied on June and still waiting. My friend did flagpole like you did and get the pgwp in 1 hour.

Last edited: