+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Chloehuynh

Jul 24, 2018
I got approval on my pgwp but I haven’t received any email or message that states for how long is the duration of the permit.
It should be on the message that you got on your account under the Document sstatus title. Read it carefully and you will see it.

Desaiz

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
It should be on the message that you got on your account under the Document sstatus title. Read it carefully and you will see it.
There is only two messages- confirmation and submission. No other message. However, the final decision says it was approved. Does it mean it can be refused?

Chloehuynh

Jul 24, 2018
There is only two messages- confirmation and submission. No other message. However, the final decision says it was approved. Does it mean it can be refused?
Above the message session, there is a title: Document Status which list the status updated date and the expired date. i think they cant change the status unless they find out something cheating. Dont overthinking, LOL.

vv14

Jul 13, 2018
I got approval on my pgwp but I haven’t received any email or message that states for how long is the duration of the permit.
Don't overthink lol. Approval is approval. You will get email & message after 1 day. The validity is under document status. You will either see 2019/2020/2021. Let me know if it works.

Desaiz

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Don't overthink lol. Approval is approval. You will get email & message after 1 day. The validity is under document status. You will either see 2019/2020/2021. Let me know if it works.
Hey yes saw that. Sorry missed that out completely. It’s valid till 2020 since my passport expires in 2020.

Desaiz

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
You did not get anything in the email and when did u apply?
I got no email and nothing under messages in my cic account. They starting reviewing today and then approval in a few hours. I have applied for TRV as well since I’m out of Canada now but no answer for that. I just can see the document status. No message no email.

Honey0914

Jan 23, 2018
I got no email and nothing under messages in my cic account. They starting reviewing today and then approval in a few hours. I have applied for TRV as well since I’m out of Canada now but no answer for that. I just can see the document status. No message no email.
Ok I applied on june 11 they are reviewing eligibility since last Monday nothing yet

Desaiz

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Applied- 26 june
Review of eligibility- 14 August ( morning)
Approval- 14 August ( around 3:30 pm)

No email or messages received though.