+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Chloehuynh

Jul 24, 2018
anyboy in group who passed more than 60 days for pgwp?
I applied on May 31 along with my son and my husband, it passed 70 days already but still nothing from CIC. I am getting extremely worry. I did call and speak to the agent on the phone 2 weeks ago and he said that i had to wait, there was nothing he could do for me. I plan to call them again today because i have checked on the phone that they are working on application received before June 7th.

worklate

Aug 7, 2018
I applied on May 31 along with my son and my husband, it passed 70 days already but still nothing from CIC. I am getting extremely worry. I did call and speak to the agent on the phone 2 weeks ago and he said that i had to wait, there was nothing he could do for me. I plan to call them again today because i have checked on the phone that they are working on application received before June 7th.
What phone you call?

Kapil_ame

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
where did you find that they are working on application which received before 7th June?

Work permit extension (new employer)

These applications can be submitted online or by paper.

51 days ?

Working on applications received on May 31, 2018.

Paper

108 days ?

Working on applications received on April 4, 2018.

You may need to give biometrics with your application. This processing time doesn’t include the time you need to give your biometrics.

This is what i can see. i do not see any thing it says working before 7th June.

Reactions: uzumakinaruto

vv14

Jul 13, 2018
where did you find that they are working on application which received before 7th June?

Work permit extension (new employer)

These applications can be submitted online or by paper.

51 days ?

Working on applications received on May 31, 2018.

Paper

108 days ?

Working on applications received on April 4, 2018.

You may need to give biometrics with your application. This processing time doesn’t include the time you need to give your biometrics.

This is what i can see. i do not see any thing it says working before 7th June.

They say it on the phone number when you navigate the options. It's an automated message saying 7th June :( . I do know some people who applied after 7th June had got it.

Kapil_ame

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
They say it on the phone number when you navigate the options. It's an automated message saying 7th June :( . I do know some people who applied after 7th June had got it.
we do not know what is going on with this immigration department.be positive.

uzumakinaruto

Star Member
Feb 11, 2017
Hi,
I applied for a PGWP on July 28, 2018 online. I am expecting that it may take awhile (51 days as per the cic website) to receive my PGWP. My study permit will expire on August 27, 2018. I am a bit worried that I won't receive my PGWP before my study permit expire. I read that it is okay as long as you submitted your application before your study permit expire but It makes me feel anxious and honestly worried about it. Anyone on the same boat as mine? Any thoughts? Thanks!

Last edited:

uzumakinaruto

Star Member
Feb 11, 2017
I have a question regarding my PGWP. My situation is that I applied for it on the 12th of May, I attached my official transcript, then I got a request letter in the night of 26th of June asking for an official confirmation letter that confirms I have received the degree. They gave me exactly one week to prepare the letter, I went to university the next morning but then they told me they needed 5 days to prepare the letter. The problem was that it was Canada day holiday on the 2nd of July, and Sunday was not a business day, so I wasn't able to get my letter before the deadline. However, I have already received my official degree which I then uploaded to the slot they provided me to upload the letter of confirmation (it says in the slot Education/Diploma though). My question now is that will I get rejected because of this? I keep convincing myself that it doesn't matter, but I saw many of you guys who applied after me have already gotten your PGWP. Just want to know if this ever happens to any of you. My study permit is expiring on the 31th of July and I'm starting to get nervous.
Hi, I just wanted to check, Did you get your PGWP? Thanks!