+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

WPTO

Jan 23, 2023
Hi all,
I did a 2 years program and received PGWP for only 12 months, my friends who did the same program with me got it for 3 years. my passport expires in 2031. I have filed a webform and received an email saying that they have forwarded my request for reconsideration to responsible office, what will happen next? please guide. How long does it take?

ruchit1234

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Hi all,
I did a 2 years program and received PGWP for only 12 months, my friends who did the same program with me got it for 3 years. my passport expires in 2031. I have filed a webform and received an email saying that they have forwarded my request for reconsideration to responsible office, what will happen next? please guide. How long does it take?
You should flagpole instead it's a better option!

shineyliu

Jan 20, 2023
Hi all,
My friend did the undergraduate and master school in Canada, and received one year PGWP. She called ircc and they asked her to submit a webform. And her work permit updated two/three weeks after she receiving the email for forwarding the request for consideration, the expire date on the IRCC is updated and she received a new paper work permit after two days.

Reactions: WPTO

ruchit1234

Star Member
May 17, 2017
but i already got PGWP for a year, can i still flagpole?
Yes with you current pgwp which is valid for 1 year you can carry that can flagpole and at the border tell the officer that your current permit is shorter in duration than expected they'll ask for your study completion letter and transcripts if everything is okay they'll issue a new permit right away.

Reactions: WPTO

ruchit1234

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Yes with you current pgwp which is valid for 1 year you can carry that can flagpole and at the border tell the officer that your current permit is shorter in duration than expected they'll ask for your study completion letter and transcripts if everything is okay they'll issue a new permit right away.
I know a friend a mine who was in similar situation did flagpole and got new permit for 3 years.