+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

arnold1983

Nov 7, 2022
New Brunswick
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-10-2022
Nomination.....
04-10-2022
AOR Received.
09-12-2022
VISA ISSUED...
Montreal
Did anyone get any update (eligibility review or approval) with application number W3075.....?
when you apply.Im also W307517...

arnold1983

Nov 7, 2022
New Brunswick
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-10-2022
Nomination.....
04-10-2022
AOR Received.
09-12-2022
VISA ISSUED...
Montreal
Applied for PGWP (Initial) on October 27th, 2022
Application Number: W30756....
I applied initial with family appl.OWP AND SP ON oct 19

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
If I'm waiting on a response to the study permit extension application, and my studies are completed, but after the expiry of my existing study permit, I understand my status will be "maintained," and making a PGWP application on maintained status will not allow me to continue being eligible to work.

However, is it breaking any IRCC guidelines if I wait to get the results of the study permit extension application after the completion of my program AND the expiry of my existing study permit? I do not have any other pending academic requirements than getting my thesis approval which will be soon submitted. Do I have to register for the upcoming semester if I submit an extension? Or is it okay not to register for the next term while requesting a "bridging" study permit extension (as they mention many university guidelines for immigration)?

If I apply for a PGWP application after getting the outcome of a study extension application (however, after the expiry of my existing study permit AND completion of my studies), will it allow me to continue being eligible to work?
Anyone?

Puri93

Jan 24, 2023
I am not an immigration expert but will try to answer your questions based on my limited knowledge.

From your earlier thread, it seems that you are on maintained status as you had applied for a study permit extension before the initial one expires. You opted for an extension because you hadn't completed your thesis requirement or received the completion letter.

Your questions:
1. Is it breaking any IRCC guidelines if I wait to get the results of the study permit extension application after the completion of my program AND the expiry of my existing study permit?
Nope, I don't think so as you can continue to be enrolled in your program, including waiting for the result. As long as you are on the maintained status and have sufficient proof of a pending thesis requirement post-expiry of your initial study permit.

2. Do I have to register for the upcoming semester if I submit an extension? Or is it okay not to register for the next term while requesting a "bridging" study permit extension (as they mention many university guidelines for immigration)?
I believe that if you have a pending thesis requirement then you will have to register for the upcoming semester. I am not sure about the registration requirement in case of a "bridging" study permit extension. So please consult your university graduate/undergraduate office or international office about it.

3. If I apply for a PGWP application after getting the outcome of a study extension application (however, after the expiry of my existing study permit AND completion of my studies), will it allow me to continue being eligible to work?
I don't understand what you mean here. If I understand correctly, yes, you can continue to work with your study permit extension till you don't receive your final PGWP. Additionally, after applying for PGWP you will receive a WP-EXT (IMM 0127e) letter that authorizes you to work full-time. But I will point out that you can only apply for a PGWP if you have a valid study permit status.

Best of Luck.

Reactions: Sheela1602

Sheela1602

Jan 25, 2023
Hi all, just curious to know if the series numbers for all work permits starts with W3XXXX...including PGWP, initial and extension.

Last edited: