+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

sal97

May 16, 2021
So this link was the one that finally convinced my employer that I am legally allowed to continue working even when my letter has expired. Thanks for sharing it, if you're ever around Hamilton, On, let me know to buy you a coffee or beer XD
Awesome! I am glad I could help :)

Reactions: andrews17

Ankitagrawalla

Feb 8, 2021
You might want to look at my case from a couple of days ago.
Thanks, buddy. So when they ask me to upload my documents for accepting employment, do I also attach this link along with it? Since this is my first job and I do not have a point person, are they going to revert back to me regarding the permit or is there a risk that they will straightforward reject my application? Thanks in advance!

JJ UAE

May 16, 2021
Hi Guys,

I have applied for my PGWP after my first course completion (1 year) though i have applied for my second course and got my study permit extension also but i had decided to apply for PGWP just after my first course as i got a job offer. But while applying for PGWP i have uploaded provisional confirmation of graduation letter ( Which specify that i have completed the course but yet to graduate without any date) and my transcripts from my college website (Unofficial) showing all 42 credits. I have received one more letter from college which is a course completion letter (Specifying my date of graduation) on the next day of my application which i have uploaded using webform .Just want to confirm will there be any issue if i have submitted course completion using web form. Please let me know if someone have similar case.

PGWP Application Applied - 14 Sep 22
Submission confirmation -14 Sep 22

No other update

Web Form Raised 15 Sep 22 to upload doc.
**Got auto reply for the web form received after 20 Hours

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Thanks, buddy. So when they ask me to upload my documents for accepting employment, do I also attach this link along with it? Since this is my first job and I do not have a point person, are they going to revert back to me regarding the permit or is there a risk that they will straightforward reject my application? Thanks in advance!
I would advise you to send your expired study permit along with the extension letter. If they get picky, send them the information from Canada.

abhijiths619

Jul 23, 2017
Hi everyone,

Hope u all r doing good.

I was issued PGWP in december 5th december 2019 valid till 10th september 2021 ( due to passport expiry, I was eligible for 3 years work permit). At that time i was in india.
Due to personal reasons i couldnt come back to Canada.

Now I am planning to come back to Canada. I was planning to give application for extending my work permit as I am supposed to get it till december 2022 and there is a policy for 18 months extension.

Will there be any issue ?

Do i have any hope for PGWP Extension?

Has anyone faced such an issue?

Please help me if Anybody has idea about this.

R Aulakh

Sep 18, 2022
No, it does not mean that. Past the 29th of September if you don't receive a decision of your application, you can continue to keep working beyond that date. You'll be on implied/maintained status past that date if no decision comes.

Please refer to the link below for more clarification. Good luck!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html
Hey, I didn't even received the letter you guys are discussing about. The one with time period till I can work for, after 10 day of applying. Is it really important? What should I do? I'm I eligible to work without it or not, because I did receive my other confirmations letter.

deadpoolzj92

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
Hi Guys,

I have applied for my PGWP after my first course completion (1 year) though i have applied for my second course and got my study permit extension also but i had decided to apply for PGWP just after my first course as i got a job offer. But while applying for PGWP i have uploaded provisional confirmation of graduation letter ( Which specify that i have completed the course but yet to graduate without any date) and my transcripts from my college website (Unofficial) showing all 42 credits. I have received one more letter from college which is a course completion letter (Specifying my date of graduation) on the next day of my application which i have uploaded using webform .Just want to confirm will there be any issue if i have submitted course completion using web form. Please let me know if someone have similar case.

PGWP Application Applied - 14 Sep 22
Submission confirmation -14 Sep 22

No other update

Web Form Raised 15 Sep 22 to upload doc.
**Got auto reply for the web form received after 20 Hours
Hi! I had a similar situation, and uploaded my program completion letter one week after I applied for my PGWP. I submitted it via webform as well, received my approval on 20th August 2022. So you're good to go! :)

Reactions: JJ UAE

deadpoolzj92

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
Hi everyone,

Hope u all r doing good.

I was issued PGWP in december 5th december 2019 valid till 10th september 2021 ( due to passport expiry, I was eligible for 3 years work permit). At that time i was in india.
Due to personal reasons i couldnt come back to Canada.

Now I am planning to come back to Canada. I was planning to give application for extending my work permit as I am supposed to get it till december 2022 and there is a policy for 18 months extension.

Will there be any issue ?

Do i have any hope for PGWP Extension?

Has anyone faced such an issue?

Please help me if Anybody has idea about this.
Hello! Did you receive any email from IRCC regarding eligibility for the PGWP extension? I believe it was for the year 2022 only (specifically applicants who had their PGWP expiring/expired before December 2022). Its just what I think though.

JJ UAE

May 16, 2021
Hi! I had a similar situation, and uploaded my program completion letter one week after I applied for my PGWP. I submitted it via webform as well, received my approval on 20th August 2022. So you're good to go! :)
Bro, did u followed up with them or just raised the web form and waited for it update on its own.

deadpoolzj92

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
Bro, did u followed up with them or just raised the web form and waited for it update on its own.
I just raised a webform. I didn't follow up and after 2.5 months received an acknowledgement email from them that the document has been forwarded to the relevant department :)