+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
Greetings Everyone! My PGWP was approved today. Not sure what time today. I didn't get an email. Logged in around 5 pm and saw my profile was updated.

Applied date: 22nd April 2022
Review of Eligibility: 18th August 2022
Approval date: 22nd August 2022 (122 Days)

2 Years (16 Months) Master of Management Program
3 Year Work Permit.

Good luck to everyone else! I'm sure May Applicants will hear good news soon.

VaishOptimistic

Jun 19, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I had my study permit expired on 2021 December. However, I did apply and extend my study permit until July 2022. I finished my studies while working part time. I graduated on April 2022. I applied for my work permit and currently waiting for it to get approved (implied status). The issue is after getting my study permit extended I renewed all my govt id like BCID, MSP but forgot to renew the SIN number expiration date to new extended study permit date. Honestly speaking I forgot it and didn’t notice it. I was working completely legal and paying all my taxes. I had my status as a student too. I am EXTREMELY WORRIED IF IT WILL EFFECT MY PR APPROVAL IN FUTURE OR CURRENT WORK PERMIT APPROVAL. PLEASE HELPPPP HELPPP!!!!!!

AnaCamp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Guys, got PGWP approval!

Applied: April 29th, 2022

Review of eligibility: August 20th, 2022

Approved: August 22nd, 2022

Keep your hopes up! Good luck to all!
Congrats! I applied on April 21.
Question: did you apply only for you or spouse and dependent as well? Not sure if that is what is prolonging my application processing time. My eligibility has not started yet.

Reactions: deadpoolzj92

vidhugaba

Aug 23, 2022
Hi Everyone,
I had applied online for my PGWP on May 17, 2022. Since then, I am on implied status and I can work full-time but the implied status is also expiring by September 19, 2022. I haven't received any update regarding my application. Please can anyone tell me what can I do next.

S_Priya

May 26, 2019
Hi Everyone,
I had applied online for my PGWP on May 17, 2022. Since then, I am on implied status and I can work full-time but the implied status is also expiring by September 19, 2022. I haven't received any update regarding my application. Please can anyone tell me what can I do next.
You can still work after the expiry of the letter. But sometimes the employer doesn’t allow. Like my employer is asking me to submit work permit or extended wp ext letter. I have already raised the webform requesting them to give me the wp ext with extend date on it if In case the work permit is going to take more time.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html

Why there’s an expiry date on the letter

Your letter automatically lists an expiry date that’s 120 days from the date we receive your application. The letter expires in 120 days because

it’s the service standard to process this type of application
many employers and health insurance providers will ask for proof that you’re allowed to work
an expiry date helps satisfy their concerns about your status and authorization to work in Canada
If we don’t finalize your application by the date on your letter

If we don’t finalize your application by the date on your letter, you can still keep working until we make a decision.

If your employer or others need proof that you can continue to work

you can show them this web page, or
if your employer is not satisfied with the information on this page, you can contact us

deadpoolzj92

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
Congrats! I applied on April 21.
Question: did you apply only for you or spouse and dependent as well? Not sure if that is what is prolonging my application processing time. My eligibility has not started yet.
Thanks so much! I applied only for myself. I believe its all random, I have been seeing applications older than mine still being processed. It depends on the CPC processing the application I suppose. Anyways, good luck!

Reactions: AnaCamp

willwroble

Aug 16, 2022
Silent lurker but got my PGWP today!

Applied: April 30th, 2022

Review of eligibility: August 23th, 2022

Approved: August 23th, 2022

Total Days: 115

I didn't get an email about the update. I just happened to check my account this morning and saw that there was an update and approval. Good luck guys!
Have you applied alone or with spouse and dependents?