+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

viranchid

Jul 6, 2022
Hi guys, has anyone applied PGWP recently? If you do, let's share the timeline so that we can be more informed of the processing time. :D

According to CIC website, the current processing time is 36 days.

My case: Applied on March 3rd, still waiting.
I applied on January 4 and still the decision is pending. Most of my class applied after me and have received their PGWP. No idea why mine is stuck still.

viranchid

Jul 6, 2022
I applied for the PGWP on Jan 04, 2022. January 05 it showed application is in progress. Until July 06, 2022 there is no update. My MP's office sent out an email to IRCC and the agents responded they will investigate the issue for not responding until now but there has been no update at all. Can anybody help with any further suggestions, please? What can I do in such a situation?

Thank you in advance.

rockstarsab

Feb 24, 2013
Hi everyone, Hope you all are doing well ! I was following this thread for quite sometime now and read almost the entire communication of the last 2 years. My wife had applied for PGWP and hadn't received the letter that they send you to some people. Also in summer, she had choice to do one course only as her university considers her full time status based on her registering for one as such and there is no explicit course requirements. But still there were some people in past (which we read about on reddit or here) whose application for pgwp was rejected and they had to reapply with a letter from university that they were in fact full time students. All this caused so much stress for them and they could not work in the meantime. This was very worrisome for us as my wife had got her dream job in her dream company and would have been heartbroken if she had to leave for such misunderstanding by the agent. But everything went well. These are the time lines.
1. Applied on January 21, 2022
2. Eligibility Review started on 5th July, 2022
3. Got PGWP approved 6th July
4. 2 years Masters program, 3 years PGWP
Wishing the best for all.

Perspective

Star Member
Jun 29, 2022
I applied for the PGWP on Jan 04, 2022. January 05 it showed application is in progress. Until July 06, 2022 there is no update. My MP's office sent out an email to IRCC and the agents responded they will investigate the issue for not responding until now but there has been no update at all. Can anybody help with any further suggestions, please? What can I do in such a situation?

Thank you in advance.
Hi,

I am in a similar situation, applied on 15 Jan, review started 23 June and there have been no updates since on the portal. I did the following to get an update:
1) Start calling the IRCC support centre at 7:57 sharp. Enter UCI and press 3, 1, 2, 0 to speak to an agent. Practise a little to time yourself. When it strikes 8, click 0 to speak to an agent. If you are spot on, you will be connected. Leave your number if they ask you, they will definitely call back! Because sometimes if you stay on call the system disconnects the call.
Update: I was able to connect today, they told me my application had passed eligibility checks and they are generating a document. It’s just a matter of time, although I am not sure how long it will take.
2) Raise a webform, but mine had a very generic response I received today.
3) Send consent forms to local MP, they usually respond back in a few hours. Follow up with them if u don’t hear back.

Again, I contacted the MP as my last resort because I already waited 173 days for an update and couldn’t get through either webforms or calls!

I understand it’s super frustrating, keep trying everything you possibly can! Don’t give up!

Last edited:

Hwallikniw

Star Member
May 25, 2022
Hi,

I am in a similar situation, applied on 15 Jan, review started 23 June and there have been no updates since on the portal. I did the following to get an update:
1) Start calling the IRCC support centre at 7:57 sharp. Enter UCI and press 3, 1, 2, 0 to speak to an agent. Practise a little to time yourself. When it strikes 8, click 0 to speak to an agent. If you are spot on, you will be connected. Leave your number if they ask you, they will definitely call back! Because sometimes if you stay on call the system disconnects the call.
Update: I was able to connect today, they told me my application had passed eligibility checks and they are generating a document. It’s just a matter of time, although I am not sure how long it will take.
2) Raise a webform, but mine had a very generic response I received today.
3) Send consent forms to local MP, they usually respond back in a few hours. Follow up with them if u don’t hear back.

I understand it’s super frustrating, keep trying everything you possibly can! Don’t give up!
Thanks so much for the advice. I am just so sad that we have to go through all this for a simple answer

Perspective

Star Member
Jun 29, 2022
Thanks so much for the advice. I am just so sad that we have to go through all this for a simple answer
I have literally had emotional breakdowns thinking my application would be rejected! There’s still a minor doubt where I still think that! And I appreciate and applaud everyone here trying to support each other and waiting so patiently! Kudos to us all!

Perspective

Star Member
Jun 29, 2022
Update: finally after 6 months of stressful thinking my application has been approved today! I genuinely thank all of you for helping me keep my sanity in check!
I pray that everyone gets their approval very soon and this strenuous waiting period ends.
Applied: Jan 15 2022
Eligibility started : 23 June
Approved : 7 July , 3 years of work approved!

tubkal

Star Member
Jun 8, 2022
Update: finally after 6 months of stressful thinking my application has been approved today! I genuinely thank all of you for helping me keep my sanity in check!
I pray that everyone gets their approval very soon and this strenuous waiting period ends.
Applied: Jan 15 2022
Eligibility started : 23 June
Approved : 7 July , 3 years of work approved!
Oh man! They really made you suffer, I would go nuts knowing that my eligibility started TWO WEEKS ago!!! Congrats, congrats, congrats!!