+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
here it says we have to apply for a continued proof of authorization using web forms . But of course no response from them..

Letter validity

Officers should understand that the validity date of the letter in no way overrides the authority of paragraph R186(w), which allows foreign nationals who meet the requirements to continue working until a final decision is made on their work permit application.

The letter has a 120-day validity from the date of receipt, which corresponds with IRCC’s service standard for in-Canada applications. Historically, IRCC meets its service standard more than 90% of the time; therefore, only a few applicants will require a new letter. Most should receive a decision before the 120 days have expired.

If the 120 days have passed and no decision has been rendered

In cases where the 120 days have passed and no decision has been rendered, the applicant may request continued proof of authorization to work using the IRCC web form.

Client Support Centre (CSC) agents can follow their standard procedures to respond.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/permit.html
Yes , that's true but paragraph R186(w) still prevails despite the date mentioned in the WP EXT letter.
Refer : "... Officers should understand that the validity date of the letter in no way overrides the authority of paragraph R186(w), which allows foreign nationals who meet the requirements to continue working until a final decision is made on their work permit application. ..."

Sathishp1903

Mar 24, 2022
I applied on Dec 3rd and yet to hear any information. I saw someone posting their application on Dec 3rd is on review. Did he/she fill any form to accelerate their process?

Sathishp1903

Mar 24, 2022
I am planning to apply visa for my parents to attend my convocation in June. Do you think I should just apply with my work permit application as proof or wait till I get my permit. This wait time is super annoying.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am planning to apply visa for my parents to attend my convocation in June. Do you think I should just apply with my work permit application as proof or wait till I get my permit. This wait time is super annoying.
They are applying for a visitor visa, not you. Not sure where they live but they shouldn’t delay. They need to show funds, travel history, and ties home country. You provide a letter of invitation so it doesn’t matter if you have a study or work permit.

Reactions: Sathishp1903