+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

pilotakram

Star Member
Nov 9, 2021
Based on my research and talking to ppl working closely with IRCC, I reckon it isn't first come first serve, rather the automated system picks up files which are straightforward for officers to review, complicated ones go through manual review. Hence it is random, now this is just one of the factors, other factors are sometime info sharing with US, UK, Australia, NZ (5 countries share criminal info with each other) and many more such instances. So really hard to guess, cannot base it off of applied date.

Best of luck to everyone, hope everyone gets it.
Fair enough. I noticed that pilot training graduates take them longer to get a decision, assuming our applications are a bit different than University graduates, so we go through manual review.

applied November 13th Still waiting

Govardhan7

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Any approvals for October 15 and later..? Want to know only for October month. I applied October 21st still no progress and updates on my application.

Govardhan7

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Based on my research and talking to ppl working closely with IRCC, I reckon it isn't first come first serve, rather the automated system picks up files which are straightforward for officers to review, complicated ones go through manual review. Hence it is random, now this is just one of the factors, other factors are sometime info sharing with US, UK, Australia, NZ (5 countries share criminal info with each other) and many more such instances. So really hard to guess, cannot base it off of applied date.

Best of luck to everyone, hope everyone gets it.
Can you please clarify on the security check you mentioned. What is there to check on security concern for a PGWP as the person is already studied and lived in Canada for more than 2 years. And also being an International student the security check was already done at the time of study visa stamping. So how does it make sense to do that again which only delay the time process and increase the backlogs. Kindly answer my doubt.

norton85

Jun 9, 2020
Hi,

Just logged into my account. My application showed update/ and when I clicked, it says "we’re reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements " ..
I am a PGWP applicant outside Canada. Any experience how long it takes more to get a final decision?

I had applied on 25TH January!

yafaa1993

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021
Hi,

Just logged into my account. My application showed update/ and when I clicked, it says "we’re reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements " ..
I am a PGWP applicant outside Canada. Any experience how long it takes more to get a final decision?

I had applied on 25TH January!
That’s a good news. However, no one really knows how long it will take to hear a decision. I’m an outland applicant and my eligibility review started on 1-Feb-2022. Also, I know @Leh98 eligibility review started in August-2021. Both of us haven’t received a final decision yet. The outland applicant are not considered priority and they go through a number of checks. Those checks involves (Eligibility, Medical, Biometrics, Security, and info sharing), and those checks varies based on the country of your residence. Keep in mind, info sharing take a numerous amount of time because it is done by international agencies in (UK, New Zealand, USA, Australia, etc) not IRCC. Did you apply Jan 2021?

Last edited:
Reactions: Leh98

Rony97

Mar 21, 2022
Hi guys,
I am still waiting for my PGWP which was applied on Dec 26, 2021. My study permit expires on March 31, 2022. I just wanted to know if I need to restore my status or I don't need to?

Thank you!!

RuchiBajaj

May 7, 2020
Hi guys,
I am still waiting for my PGWP which was applied on Dec 26, 2021. My study permit expires on March 31, 2022. I just wanted to know if I need to restore my status or I don't need to?

Thank you!!
You don't have to restore your status as you already applied before your expiry date. So, technically you could even work full time if you wish to. I am on the very same boat. My study permit expires on 31st March 2022 and applied for PGWP on 6th Jan 2022. Just anxious and waiting for the approval. But you are good as you are in "applied" status.

Vinoth95

Star Member
Dec 2, 2019
You don't have to restore your status as you already applied before your expiry date. So, technically you could even work full time if you wish to. I am on the very same boat. My study permit expires on 31st March 2022 and applied for PGWP on 6th Jan 2022. Just anxious and waiting for the approval. But you are good as you are in "applied" status.
I applied on Jan 22 inland application. I guess it will take atleast one more for them to start processing Jan applicants

norton85

Jun 9, 2020
That’s a good news. However, no one really knows how long it will take to hear a decision. I’m an outland applicant and my eligibility review started on 1-Feb-2022. Also, I know @Leh98 eligibility review started in August-2021. Both of us haven’t received a final decision yet. The outland applicant are not considered priority and they go through a number of checks. Those checks involves (Eligibility, Medical, Biometrics, Security, and info sharing), and those checks varies based on the country of your residence. Keep in mind, info sharing take a numerous amount of time because it is done by international agencies in (UK, New Zealand, USA, Australia, etc) not IRCC. Did you apply Jan 2021?
Yes in Jan end i applied. my country in latin america processing time came down to 10 weeks from 12 weeks.. So, now exactly 8 weeks passed..... I have only one approved visa to USA... But lets see!

Reactions: 456293564