+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Newiebabe

Jan 24, 2022
Hello everyone, last week someone asked how long it takes to receive the original copy of pgwp in the mail ( for a friend who lives in Edmonton). Mine took 4 days, minus the weekend. It came in the mail today.

Sorry I couldn’t reply to that particular post, all the same I hope you find this helpful.

Reactions: OuO1998 and EV1170

yafaa1993

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021
Hello guys, Here's my situation. I have applied (Outland) for PGWP on 17-August and haven’t heard back yet. It’s like no updates since (we’re reviewing wether you meet the eligibility requirements). My question is what can I do to get back to Canada? Can I apply for visitor or another TRV to get back in? Any suggestions will be appreciated

Braykhna Khan

Jun 18, 2019
Hi
I submitted my pgwp application without restoration of status. I completed my studies on 18th dec my study permit expired on 19th dec. Applied pgwp on 22 dec, i am unaware of restoration of status and after 2 days i paid 350$ restoration fee as a student and attached that through webform. Receipt is now attached to my file. Is there anyone with the same situation who got approval.
Hey,

I got my TRV a week ago but just to be on the safe side when I was applying for PGWP I also applied for restoration of status. When did you apply for PGWP?

Braykhna Khan

Jun 18, 2019
Congrats hopefully I get mine soon. They updated my file with my medical last week but that was the last update. I applied October 15th.
Hey, Congratulations.

I just had a question for you. I did my medical for my PGWP and I applied on January 15th 2022. When, I was doing my medical there were I think one or two tests which were not done. They were I think vaccination proof or something like that which we would get in childhood. But did you submit anything like that with the medical or not? Because, I did not and I am just scared that they might reject my visa because of that. When I was applying, I did state that I work with younger children. What did you select when you applied?

Braykhna Khan

Jun 18, 2019
I am in the same boat, I applied for my TRV (outland) on Feb 10th after receiving my PGWP (inland). The only update I received after applying was that they're processing my background check.

I know it's too soon to expect anything but does anyone here know the current processing time for TRV after PGWP? that would be really helpful.
Hey,

When did you apply for PGWP?

Gra_02

Apr 20, 2021
Hey guys, I just wanted to write about my case just to give hope to future graduates who finds themselves in a similar situation.
Study permit expired: April 09th (stoped work since I was out of status)
TRV expired: September 04th
Received email confirming completion of course : May 03rd (my official transcript, letter of completion and parchments were on hold because I still owed tuition from last semester which my Dad took long to pay due to some uncontrollable COVID 19 related issue)
Applied for my countries passport: June 11th
Got my passport: August 17th (seemed like forever and it was due to some communication issue and COVID)
Received confirmation of graduation and official transcript: September 17th
Applied inland (QC): October 20th (I sent a LOE explaining my situation, talking about my achievement while I pursued my degree and future plans if I got approved), (No help from any consultant or lawyer or international office staff from my school)
Eligibility review: February 23rd
Approved: February 24th (3 years)
These past year has been full of stress, I was seeing lots of ignored application and I was starting to get in my head as my case was very complicated. God bless the angel who reviewed it! Congratulations to everyone who received good news and I wish luck to all of you who are still in the process especially those who find themselves in a study permit restoration situation. I’m sending prayers and positive energy your way :) <3

Reactions: Miracle2018

Yaheyj

Jan 4, 2022
Hey guys, I just wanted to write about my case just to give hope to future graduates who finds themselves in a similar situation.
Study permit expired: April 09th (stoped work since I was out of status)
TRV expired: September 04th
Received email confirming completion of course : May 03rd (my official transcript, letter of completion and parchments were on hold because I still owed tuition from last semester which my Dad took long to pay due to some uncontrollable COVID 19 related issue)
Applied for my countries passport: June 11th
Got my passport: August 17th (seemed like forever and it was due to some communication issue and COVID)
Received confirmation of graduation and official transcript: September 17th
Applied inland (QC): October 20th (I sent a LOE explaining my situation, talking about my achievement while I pursued my degree and future plans if I got approved), (No help from any consultant or lawyer or international office staff from my school)
Eligibility review: February 23rd
Approved: February 24th (3 years)
These past year has been full of stress, I was seeing lots of ignored application and I was starting to get in my head as my case was very complicated. God bless the angel who reviewed it! Congratulations to everyone who received good news and I wish luck to all of you who are still in the process especially those who find themselves in a study permit restoration situation. I’m sending prayers and positive energy your way :) <3
congratulations!!!!!

Reactions: Gra_02