+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

RaviReddy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2021
How about webforms can i use them for reconsideration?
You cannot raise a webform for the application on which decision is made. You need a new application to raise a webform. Also, its a must that you have to maintain full time status for pwgp. As your case is critical, I strongly suggest to drop another application with the help of immigration lawyer.

Reactions: Gra_02
Jan 22, 2022
You cannot raise a webform for the application on which decision is made. You need a new application to raise a webform. Also, its a must that you have to maintain full time status for pwgp. As your case is critical, I strongly suggest to drop another application with the help of immigration lawyer.
Can u please advice anyone in this group has gone through similar situation?

piegoogle

Star Member
Oct 9, 2021
Can u please advice anyone in this group has gone through similar situation?
I'm not sure about this particular thread, but there are a lot of posts about people getting refused for being part-time (and getting approved during reconsideration).

Best bet is to get a (good) lawyer, explain you situation as best as you can and do as the lawyer suggest.
If you have emails from your school (if you were dropped from a course) or medical bills or any other supporting documents, attach them in the explanation letter.

Search the forum for pgwp refusal due to part-time and you will find a lot of posts.

All the best! I hope you get it!

Jan 22, 2022
Hi, have you attached any explanation letter in your initial PGWP application, explaining why you were part-time student?
Hi , i didn’t attach explanation letter in initial pgwp as i was unaware of the explanation letter at that time, i didnt drop out from the course i juss did makeup course in my official break .

Katkootka

Jan 12, 2022
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-11-2023
Hi , i didn’t attach explanation letter in initial pgwp as i was unaware of the explanation letter at that time, i didnt drop out from the course i juss did makeup course in my official break .
Hi, I'm very sorry to hear that your application got rejected! I agree with the posts above that you should apply for a reconsideration and do it with a lawyer. You'll have to write a Letter Of Explanation as to why that part-time semester happened in the first place.
I strongly believe that you will get an approval after that because the situation like yours is very common and I've seen posts on this forum from people getting approved after getting a refusal for the very same reason.
Most likely this could've been prevented if you had attached a LOE in the first place but I'm sure this can still be fixed. Best of luck!

Jan 22, 2022
Hi, I'm very sorry to hear that your application got rejected! I agree with the posts above that you should apply for a reconsideration and do it with a lawyer. You'll have to write a Letter Of Explanation as to why that part-time semester happened in the first place.
I strongly believe that you will get an approval after that because the situation like yours is very common and I've seen posts on this forum from people getting approved after getting a refusal for the very same reason.
Most likely this could've been prevented if you had attached a LOE in the first place but I'm sure this can still be fixed. Best of luck!
Thanks for the positive rly, i will try it

engrgladys

Apr 22, 2018
Hello everyone, (helping a friend)

I have a question.
Is 3/5 courses considered a part-time?
My friend has only one semester like that and the others were 5/5 the reason is because when pandemic happened they still have to do in-person laboratory class but only 8 students were allowed to admit per semester for physical distancing inside the laboratory.
Thank you.

Reactions: yafaa1993

yafaa1993

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021

I have a question.
My friend has only one semester like that and the others were 5/5 the reason is because when pandemic happened they still have to do in-person laboratory class but only 8 students were allowed to admit per semester for physical distancing inside the laboratory.
Thank you.
It’s better to explain the situation (LOE). Also, if he can obtain a document from school support his explanation just to be safe and save time.

Reactions: engrgladys

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019

I have a question.
Thank you.
It’s fine, because of the pandemic they’ll understand. Just detail it in the LOE, and ask your university to clarify this in a letter if they’re able to do so.

Reactions: engrgladys