+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

manan..007

Jan 15, 2022
Hey, I read that you can only restore to the kind of permit you help prior to your application. So I applied to restore my status as a student. When will you get your letter of completion and official transcript??
Yes, I read the same and I also confirmed it with an IRCC agent. My college will be providing my graduation letter and transcript next week.

Reactions: Gra_02

Gra_02

Apr 20, 2021
Thank you :)

Did you provide any explanation letter with your application? Just to explain why you let your student status expire and applied late?
I am thinking of attaching a letter.
Yes I did. And you don’t have to fill a form for the study permit restoration, just attach a copy of your receipt.

manan..007

Jan 15, 2022
Yes I did. And you don’t have to fill a form for the study permit restoration, just attach a copy of your receipt.
Perfect. Do you mind sharing the contents of the letter you attached? Just wanted to know what sort of details I need to enter.

Thank you

Gra_02

Apr 20, 2021
Perfect. Do you mind sharing the contents of the letter you attached? Just wanted to know what sort of details I need to enter.

Thank you
Sure. I started by explained why I let my study permit expire before applying for extension or a pgwp. Then I talked about how transferring from one school to another pushed back my graduation (in your case if you took a semester off or you were part time, you have to provide an explanation). Finally, I talked about what I have achieved and my future goals if granted a pgwp. Hope it makes sense lol.

manan..007

Jan 15, 2022
Sure. I started by explained why I let my study permit expire before applying for extension or a pgwp. Then I talked about how transferring from one school to another pushed back my graduation (in your case if you took a semester off or you were part time, you have to provide an explanation). Finally, I talked about what I have achieved and my future goals if granted a pgwp. Hope it makes sense lol.
Sounds good. Thank you very much for sharing. I hope your application gets approved very soon :)

Reactions: Gra_02

Gra_02

Apr 20, 2021
But try to keep it short
Sounds good. Thank you very much for sharing. I hope your application gets approved very soon :)
Thank you! Hope you’ll get yours approved as well

Jan 22, 2022
Hello every one , i have applied my pgwp on sep 13 2021 and got my refusal on jan 21 2022, stating foreign students in canada are eligible for a workpermit for pgwp only if they have maintained full time student status , does any one know the process forward and guide me on the same?

Reactions: Flyfa

Gra_02

Apr 20, 2021
Hello every one , i have applied my pgwp on sep 13 2021 and got my refusal on jan 21 2022, stating foreign students in canada are eligible for a workpermit for pgwp only if they have maintained full time student status , does any one know the process forward and guide me on the same?
Hi, sorry to hear about your refusal. I think you can reapply for pgwp and pay the fees for study permit restoration. Also, attach a letter explaining why you had to take some part-time semesters. May I ask how many part time semesters you took?

Jan 22, 2022
Hi, sorry to hear about your refusal. I think you can reapply for pgwp and pay the fees for study permit restoration. Also, attach a letter explaining why you had to take some part-time semesters. May I ask how many part time semesters you took?
How about webforms can i use them for reconsideration?