+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POST-GRADUATE WORK PERMIT HOLDRES PLEASE READ THIS

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
unclesamy said:
@ Meiya first and foremost i am not an English major so yes I have made mistakes. Its typical to do nothing and when someone has taken initiative to poke fun at them. I didnt see u when i was asking for help to write this petition. yes i will make changes to the best of my ability i wont add things like "studies have shown" etc as I would need a source for those studies. I am making changes because thats the right thing to do.
don't get offended unclesamy, you did a great job ;)

Meiya

Feb 3, 2015
@unclesamy: This was not to make fun of you. I wanted to help you.

If you present a petition that way, it may simply not come across the way you want. (I do German to English translation, so I unfortunately always see the mistakes. Trust me, translators have a difficult life! :D )

unclesamy

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Meiya said:
@ unclesamy: This was not to make fun of you. I wanted to help you.

If you present a petition that way, it may simply not come across the way you want. (I do German to English translation, so I unfortunately always see the mistakes. Trust me, translators have a difficult life! :D )
@ Meiya yes i understand it needs to be improved and yes i am very grateful for ur help. I am making the changes u suggested . thank you and sorry for that earlier post.

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Meiya said:
Frankly, I do not second the education-thing. That would put people on IECs in a disadvantage. I am one of them!

It wouldn't make any sense to ask for ECAs but then award more points for Canadian education. Also, getting a Canadian education should still have the focus of actually getting the degree - not PR...

IMHO, they should just create a type of LMIA for graduates. Still a process allowing for a certain control (and market need) but less of a hassle.
guys, a petition has already been created, now let's try to be productive. plus for some of us there is not enough time left for any lmia or anything of that kind, like many of us are facing losing our jobs in a couple of months.

Meiya

Feb 3, 2015
Re: sources: Google is your friend.

Unfortunately cannot post the links.

Google Economist and "40% of Fortune 500 companies founded by immigrants"
Inc.com "Immigrant entrepreneurs are key job creators"
Toronto Immigrant Startups

Etc.

I can give you a bunch of names if need be.

Alimoh

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
unclesamy said:
thanks barns but Alimoh and Meiya need equal credit too
Unclesamy, I made an error in point 11, I missed the "L" in health.

On a different note: Frankly I feel we were al sharing these thoughts post after post, forum after forum... Yes, we are all very frustrated... With this petition... I feel little better... kinda like venting of my frustration...
Great job everyone!!

Spread the word... Keep it circulating... You never know with enough signatures .. one of the news channels might pick it up as well...

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
Meiya said:
Frankly, I do not second the education-thing. That would put people on IECs in a disadvantage. I am one of them!

It wouldn't make any sense to ask for ECAs but then award more points for Canadian education. Also, getting a Canadian education should still have the focus of actually getting the degree - not PR...

IMHO, they should just create a type of LMIA for graduates. Still a process allowing for a certain control (and market need) but less of a hassle.
I don't see why more points should be awarded for a Canadian education, you have your foreign educational credentials assessed to determine their Canadian equivalence and receive points based on the strength of your education.

Also I think there is a lot of panic despite the fact we've only had 1 out of 12-25 draws, the system needs some time to stabilize.
The only people that have been greatly impacted by the change are those on Open work permits, without LMIAs who's current permits end within the next few months such as myself.

And I'm not throwing my hands up and creating petitions, I'm sitting with a 500+ score and just have to wait until the draw dips past LMIA holders or my employer can finish the process to get an LMIA, if I have to return home in the interim then I have to return home.

Once again, it's a privilege, not a right. Canada could one day decide that only people with perfect IELTS scores or only people who have 10 years worth of work experience are eligible to immigrate etc, they can do whatever they want.

BankingExpressE

Feb 2, 2015
OrcaBayVan said:
I applaud your petition efforts but Politicians and Bureaucrats don't care about this since your a non voting non Canadian (yet) group.

Express Entry is a hard way to get PR here are the rules, Only the Top Points Ranked Candidates get a PR Invitation most will not;

Express Entry FAQ from CIC.

The highest-ranking candidates in the pool will be invited to apply for permanent residence

Candidates will be ranked against others in the pool using a point-based system called the Comprehensive Ranking System. Points are awarded using the information in their profile.

Candidates with the highest scores in the pool will be issued an Invitation to Apply. Candidates will be awarded points for:

a job offer, and/or
a nomination from a province or territory, and/or
skills and experience factors.

A candidate can get additional points for:

a job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment, or
a nomination by a province or territory

These additional points will make a candidate rank high enough to be invited to apply at the next eligible draw of candidates.

If someone is invited to apply, they will have 60 days to submit an online application for permanent residence.

It's far easier for most to apply via various other legitimate pathways for PR.
I guess it comes down to what the definition of a "top ranked candidate" should be. In my view, PGWP holders with qualified Canadian work experience, Canadian education, great language skills, Canadian network, transferable skills, etc. should be one of the most desirable groups. Of course CIC sets their own rules and can do like they please, however, I don't see how a candidate with a core score of 286 is better than a CEC or FSW candidate with 450+. Yes, they have PNP or LMIA, however, that doesn't automatically translate to a greater contribution to the Canadian economy in my opinion, compared to PGWP holders working professional jobs.

If it was up to me, and I realize it isn't, I would award PGWP holders that meet certain criteria an additional 300-400 points. That way we would sit right between the strong and weaker PNP and LMIA candidates.

domnicj

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
The only major change that has to be made is award 600 point to PGWP holders, It is the only bummer, if you say education should be awarded more point, they (let assume: CIC officers) might say okay, and make it 100 point more for Canadian education(let assume) it would not make a big difference, while compering it to 600 point, right!

Hope, you'll understand this and make appropriate changes.

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doubleym said:
I don't see why more points should be awarded for a Canadian education, you have your foreign educational credentials assessed to determine their Canadian equivalence and receive points based on the strength of your education.

Also I think there is a lot of panic despite the fact we've only had 1 out of 12-25 draws, the system needs some time to stabilize.
The only people that have been greatly impacted by the change are those on Open work permits, without LMIAs who's current permits end within the next few months such as myself.

And I'm not throwing my hands up and creating petitions, I'm sitting with a 500+ score and just have to wait until the draw dips past LMIA holders or my employer can finish the process to get an LMIA, if I have to return home in the interim then I have to return home.

Once again, it's a privilege, not a right. Canada could one day decide that only people with perfect IELTS scores or only people who have 10 years worth of work experience are eligible to immigrate etc, they can do whatever they want.
I'm pretty sure Meiya was saying exactly just that - Canadian degrees shouldn't get more points as that is the purpose of the ECA.