surjeetneuro

Jul 8, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2016
hardeep bal said:
How can you switch from engineering to biology ? Are you in Canada or India ??

What about relevancy,majority of visas' are refused due to course mismatch,are you aware of this ?
I am from India, and PhD is always relevant. There are many interdisciplinary programs I have over 5 years of work & research experience, plus research publications in reputed international journals. I am doing computational Neuroscience got fellowship of over 20K CAD. One can explain this in detail in the SOP to the VO. Even my research supervisors have moved from Psychology & Engineering to Neuroscience at point in their studies. In fact you have a lot of options based on your past studies.

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
surjeetneuro said:
I am from India, and PhD is always relevant. There are many interdisciplinary programs I have over 5 years of work & research experience, plus research publications in reputed international journals. I am doing computational Neuroscience.
Okay dear,, each and every factor matters a lot,,wish you good luck,,

If you have any idea regarding my course selection then please reply me ,i shall be thankful to you for this ☺

surjeetneuro

Jul 8, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2016
hardeep bal said:
Okay dear,, each and every factor matters a lot,,wish you good luck,,

If you have any idea regarding my course selection then please reply me ,i shall be thankful to you for this ☺
Search school of science and medicine at any public University in Canada you will get every information. You can apply for MSc in neuroscience, biochemistry, biophysics, physical chemistry, genetics, and many more.

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
surjeetneuro said:
Search school of science and medicine at any public University in Canada you will get every information. You can apply for MSc in neuroscience, biochemistry, biophysics, physical chemistry, genetics, and many more.
You know the main problematic areas between Canada and India studies??

Canada need 4 year degree to get eligible for master's

In India you can do master's with your 3 year degrees

Thereby, i have 3 year B.Sc. medical so I can't apply for masters that is why i am making efforts' to get 2 year pg diploma programs'

surjeetneuro

Jul 8, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2016
you can write to the university and ask for possibilities, may be they have a bridge course of 1 year.

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
a lot of international unis accept 3 year bachelor's equivalent to a Canadian bachelor's if undertaken at a grade 'A' university according to NAAC.

http://web5.kar.nic.in/naac_ec/NAAC_accreditlist_pdf.aspx

Check what grade your undergrad university is.

You can also contact some Canadian unis. and ask them if they would accept your degree

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
harvijay1001 said:
a lot of international unis accept 3 year bachelor's equivalent to a Canadian bachelor's if undertaken at a grade 'A' university according to NAAC.

http://web5.kar.nic.in/naac_ec/NAAC_accreditlist_pdf.aspx

Check what grade your undergrad university is.

You can also contact some Canadian unis. and ask them if they would accept your degree
yup i did my graduation from NAAC 'A' Grade college ,, is it really possible to get enrolled in masters with this ,,let me find

surjeetneuro

Jul 8, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2016
hardeep bal said:
yup i did my graduation from NAAC 'A' Grade college ,, is it really possible to get enrolled in masters with this ,,let me find
What was your %age or CGPA? University? when you did you BSc and what are you doing Now ?

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
hardeep bal said:
Yes it is.

Concordia accepts it. See this:

http://www.concordia.ca/admissions/graduate/minimum-requirements/international.html#i

But you'll still have to check with each university of course

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
surjeetneuro said:
What was your %age or CGPA? University? when you did you BSc and what are you doing Now ?
Its 64% overall ,, from Punjab university, recently pass out,,presently looking for job or thinking to apply study permit for canada

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
harvijay1001 said:
Yes it is.

Concordia accepts it. See this:

http://www.concordia.ca/admissions/graduate/minimum-requirements/international.html#i

But you'll still have to check with each university of course
Thanks friend, i checked it you're right they accept 3 year bachelors from NAAC 'A' Grade college

I found msc biology' is quite suitable ,but they need 6.5 each that might Be a problem in my case

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
hardeep bal said:
Thanks friend, i checked it you're right they accept 3 year bachelors from NAAC 'A' Grade college

I found msc biology' is quite suitable ,but they need 6.5 each that might Be a problem in my case
Ugh! Learn to go through a university's website properly ::)

http://www.concordia.ca/admissions/graduate/language-proficiency.html

Concordia accepts scores lower than 6.5 provided you take additional english courses to improve your language!

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
harvijay1001 said:
Ugh! Learn to go through a university's website properly ::)

http://www.concordia.ca/admissions/graduate/language-proficiency.html

Concordia accepts scores lower than 6.5 provided you take additional english courses to improve your language!
Bro, i have 6.5 non less than 6.0 ,,but they have written that they need 6.5 each for msc program,, if 6.5 not less than 6.0 then I have to go through English language courses required as determined by a Concordia University placement test

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
hardeep bal said:
Bro, i have 6.5 non less than 6.0 ,,but they have written that they need 6.5 each for msc program,, if 6.5 not less than 6.0 then I have to go through English language courses required as determined by a Concordia University placement test
Placement test is nothing more than a simple english test testing on your reading comprehension, essay skills and sentence formation abilities. If you don't pass in this test then only you will have to take an English subject as part of your course.

If a requirement of placement testing is a bottleneck to choose your course and Uni then only god can help you. Cheers.

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
Gymguy said:
Placement test is nothing more than a simple english test testing on your reading comprehension, essay skills and sentence formation abilities. If a requirement of
placement testing is a bottleneck to choose your course and Uni then only god can help you. Cheers.
Ahahha bro yup i need god for help,,

Do you know about this placement test??

I mean it will be held after reaching to Canada or here in INDIA before admission

Because i had past refusal after my 12th at that time I applied to university with 6.0 band not less than 5.5 each

I got refused maybe due to conditional admission in my course with EAP PROGRAM +DEGREE

Is it same as EAP ?