+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post e-APR Process and Common Reasons for Rejection

Remmy987

Jul 4, 2017
Hello BillHyatt,
Thanks for your contribution on this forum. Please i need your advise in regards to the submitted application.
- I applied for ETA with my kids to visit my uncle in Alberta last year april, but didn’t go due to work schedule. While filling the express entry application I didn’t mention him because it will be difficult to get necessary documents from him . Also under the section that asked if i have applied to Canada before i clicked NO because ETA is not a visa and not in the drop down option.
- I mention my cousin as a ties to Ontario when I applied for the OINP but didn’t mention him in my express entry application because cousin is not also in the drop down option and didn’gain any points for my uncle neither was my cousin.
Please won’t they see all this as misinterpretation and do you think i should raise CSE to explain all? Passed my medical yesterday. Thanks and God bless

Last edited:

huma757

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Hi everyone, thank you for this. I note the part where you have written reasons for rejection: 'Not including ECA report or only including ECA number'. I am just starting to panic slightly.

I submitted my application this month. In the section of the application where you upload your supporting documents, I only saw the information: Education (diplomas/degrees) (required) ?
You must provide proof that you completed your post-secondary education. Examples of proof of education include a diploma and/or degree. Examples of post-secondary education are:
Bachelor's degree

• This is an academic degree awarded by a college or university to those who completed an undergraduate curriculum (also called a baccalaureate). Example: a Bachelor of Arts, Science or Education.
Master's degree

• This is an academic degree awarded by a graduate school of a college or university.
It didn't say anything about uploading the ECA in the supporting documents section. I included the ECA number previously. Will my application now be refused??

Thanks,

Huma

Mzub

Jul 9, 2017
Applicants are waiting for more than 100 Days for London Visa Office. I have seen applicants from July 25th AOR getting in IP2, however, still, some from the first week of July AOR are also waiting to be in IP2.

If they start processing more applications next week then you may get in IP2 otherwise the wait can be extended to a pre-Christmas week.

Good Luck
Thanks for the reply. You were right, I am at ip2 since 27 Nov. Now waiting for ppr. Will I be able to get ppr this year?

Remmy987

Jul 4, 2017
Hello House
Thanks all for the contribution on this forum. Please i need your advise in regards to the submitted application.
- I applied for ETA from UK with my son to visit my uncle in Alberta last year april, but didn’t go due to work schedule. While filling the express entry application I didn’t mention him because it will be difficult to get necessary documents from him . Also under the section that asked if i have applied to Canada before i clicked NO because ETA is not a visa and not in the drop down option.
- I mention my cousin as a ties to Ontario when I applied for the OINP but didn’t mention him in my express entry application because cousin is not also in the drop down option and didn’gain any points for my uncle neither was my cousin.
Please won’t they see all this as misinterpretation and do you think i should raise CSE to explain all? Passed my medical yesterday. Thanks and God bless

ResEv_4

Oct 21, 2017
Hi guys, i have posted this in another thread but i'd appreciate any insight:
I have a recent concern regarding my application; I already submitted my PR app. I noticed that on my university degree/transcripts there is a hyphen separating my surname (ex: Lopez-Portillo) when in my passport that hyphen is not present. Will this be an issue and if so how should i address it?
My EE profile had that as well so in the LOE i explained and corrected my surname as seen in passport. Not sure that'd be enough.
Other than that my name is all the same, and its not too common either.

Last edited:

nitinvgarg

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
I am occupied with some other important work and therefore, I am not able to research a lot however new data are available including targets.

As I said earlier the processing of PNP Applications have improved and many have started getting PPR in 5-6 months and some within 3-4 months.
Hi Bill,

I am a PNP-O applicant, AOR Oct 31st.
Province: Ontario
Background status: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check

Seeing that medical cleared in a month, I am hopeful of having PPR in around 4 months. Do you see that happening?

Reactions: StevieFray

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Hi everyone, thank you for this. I note the part where you have written reasons for rejection: 'Not including ECA report or only including ECA number'. I am just starting to panic slightly.

I submitted my application this month. In the section of the application where you upload your supporting documents, I only saw the information: Education (diplomas/degrees) (required) ?
You must provide proof that you completed your post-secondary education. Examples of proof of education include a diploma and/or degree. Examples of post-secondary education are:
Bachelor's degree

• This is an academic degree awarded by a college or university to those who completed an undergraduate curriculum (also called a baccalaureate). Example: a Bachelor of Arts, Science or Education.
Master's degree

• This is an academic degree awarded by a graduate school of a college or university.
It didn't say anything about uploading the ECA in the supporting documents section. I included the ECA number previously. Will my application now be refused??

Thanks,

Huma
I don't know if it will be rejected but i was in a similar situation. I too didn't think of ECA or IELTS while filling in the application. Later on, one of the senior members suggested that i submit them asap. I'm a PNP-Outland candidate and processing was anyways slow. I raised a CSE and provided documentation around two weeks after AOR. I got a reply later on that they had accepted documents. I would suggest the same unless other folks have any other suggestion.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Thanks for the reply. You were right, I am at ip2 since 27 Nov. Now waiting for ppr. Will I be able to get ppr this year?
PPR can come in hours or months but the average time is 21 Days. I would recommend to call IRCC & email LVO after 14 Days of IP2 to confirm status. I hope your file will be approved by then.

Good Luck

Reactions: Mzub

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hello BillHyatt,
Thanks for your contribution on this forum. Please i need your advise in regards to the submitted application.
- I applied for ETA with my kids to visit my uncle in Alberta last year april, but didn’t go due to work schedule. While filling the express entry application I didn’t mention him because it will be difficult to get necessary documents from him . Also under the section that asked if i have applied to Canada before i clicked NO because ETA is not a visa and not in the drop down option.
PM me this question and I will get back to you after consulting experts.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi guys, i have posted this in another thread but i'd appreciate any insight:
I have a recent concern regarding my application; I already submitted my PR app. I noticed that on my university degree/transcripts there is a hyphen separating my surname (ex: Lopez-Portillo) when in my passport that hyphen is not present. Will this be an issue and if so how should i address it?
My EE profile had that as well so in the LOE i explained and corrected my surname as seen in passport. Not sure that'd be enough.
Other than that my name is all the same, and its not too common either.
It should be fine.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi Bill,

I am a PNP-O applicant, AOR Oct 31st.
Province: Ontario
Background status: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check

Seeing that medical cleared in a month, I am hopeful of having PPR in around 4 months. Do you see that happening?
Medical passes in 23-30 Days of AOR and you will be in NA2 within few days. However, getting in IP2 can take 100 Days from NA2 but from NDVO applicants the file is likely to be processed within 4 months. If the file goes to Ottawa or London it may take 5-6 months at the moments but no one knows future.

Good Luck

Reactions: doneshbajaj82

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto

Bachelor's degree

Master's degree

Thanks,

Huma
Raise CSE and attach ECA Report as some agents are quick to reject applications on this ground despite the fact it is not mandatory.