BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
@BillHyatt

Hi Bill

For employment experience,

Hi Bill

I got my Masters evaluated for ECA. I am listing it in the education history section.

1. Do i need to include my other degrees also in this very section or is it okay to put them in the personal history section / LOE?

2. A problem with listing education history in personal history section is that the latter only asks for last 10 years of details. If a degree was received prior to that, i wouldn't be able to list it there. Maybe i can list them all in LOE instead?

Thanks
1. You can include the highest degree only but do explain this in LOE.

2. If you cannot list it in Personal History then you can include this in LOE.

I hope this will help.

Reactions: 000111222

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Thank you Bill for your help.
I still have a question if your don't mind.
On my WES credential they put the name of the school I graduated from in English while the school name is in French. I see that they just translated the same name from French to English.
Would that be OK in your opinion for CIC officer as I will upload the WES credential with my diploma where the name appears in french.
Thank you Bill,
Best Regards,
Yes, this will not be an issue, however, I would recommend explaining this in LOE to avoid confusion.

maplewinn

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
It means that if you have citizenship other than your native country or you are residing as Expat in another country, in this case you have to provide the Resident card or citizenship card information.
Ok. Thank you. I don't have any of these.

Only visas to several countries for trips made. I had submitted all scanned pages of passports (including these visas) post ITA.

erridja100

Jul 13, 2017
Yes, this will not be an issue, however, I would recommend explaining this in LOE to avoid confusion.
Thank you Bill for your prompted reply.
I will certainly explain this in a LOE.
In you opinion under "Education history" should I put the name of the institution as it appears on the WES credentials "School of Management, Computer Studies and Telecommunications" or as it is in French on the diploma "Ecole Supérieur de Management, Télécommunication et d'Informatique".
As I said before the name on the WES credentials is the same as on the diploma. However it's in English.
Thank you Bill !
Best Regards,

Mzub

Jul 9, 2017
Applicants are waiting for more than 100 Days for London Visa Office. I have seen applicants from July 25th AOR getting in IP2, however, still, some from the first week of July AOR are also waiting to be in IP2.

If they start processing more applications next week then you may get in IP2 otherwise the wait can be extended to a pre-Christmas week.

Good Luck
I hope it would not extend till next year.

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
1. You can include the highest degree only but do explain this in LOE.

2. If you cannot list it in Personal History then you can include this in LOE.

I hope this will help.
Thanks Bill. Is your recommendation to just include one's entire education history in the education section itself rather than part there and part in LOE?

Rocky83

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Thank you Bill for your prompted reply.
I will certainly explain this in a LOE.
In you opinion under "Education history" should I put the name of the institution as it appears on the WES credentials "School of Management, Computer Studies and Telecommunications" or as it is in French on the diploma "Ecole Supérieur de Management, Télécommunication et d'Informatique".
As I said before the name on the WES credentials is the same as on the diploma. However it's in English.
Thank you Bill !
Best Regards,
Both are fine however I would recommend the original French Name.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi Bill,

Could you please advise if i can follow a similar approach as mentioned in the link below.
I have raised a CSE indicating possible delivery date of our child. Reply expected in 10 business days.
Can i still go ahead and send our passports ?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/landing-date-extension-indirectly.473568/
Just wait for the reply from IRCC and follow their instructions.

You should only send Passport if you want to land before them and will sponsor them later on. However, if you need their PPR as well then you should just wait for their instructions and send passports when they ask you to send.

If you land before PPR is issued to your spouse and child then you can no longer add them as your dependent for the PR purpose and you will have only direct PR route or Sponsorship route.

So, make plans accordingly. Good Luck.

Reactions: VDej

erridja100

Jul 13, 2017
Thank you Bill for your help.
I sure will put the French name.
When I first created my express entry profile I put the english name given on my WES credentials. Now after I received an invitation to apply I can modify the name and put the French one. Would it be OK ?.
Thanks Bill !!
Best Regards,

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Hi @BillHyatt

I have 1 active and 3 older passports. They all have stamps corresponding to the last 10 years of travel. Ideally, i don't mind uploading all 4 provided the 4 MB limit didn't exist. However, even with compression it would be a tall order to stay within that limit esp with a color scan.

Q. Is it compulsory to submit the scan of all the passports one has held (expired or active) or can one just submit the latest one and let CIC ask for the other ones if they so desire.

Thanks a lot
Best

Reactions: maplewinn

canada_dreamer

Apr 10, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi @BillHyatt

I have 1 active and 3 older passports. They all have stamps corresponding to the last 10 years of travel. Ideally, i don't mind uploading all 4 provided the 4 MB limit didn't exist. However, even with compression it would be a tall order to stay within that limit esp with a color scan.

Q. Is it compulsory to submit the scan of all the passports one has held (expired or active) or can one just submit the latest one and let CIC ask for the other ones if they so desire.

Thanks a lot
Best
I have the same situation as yours. I only submitted the latest one (all pages even though they ask for the stamped ones only). I passed the R10 check w/o any issues (currently in NA2).

Rocky83

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
ust wait for the reply from IRCC and follow their instructions.
Just wait for the reply from IRCC and follow their instructions.

You should only send Passport if you want to land before them and will sponsor them later on. However, if you need their PPR as well then you should just wait for their instructions and send passports when they ask you to send.

If you land before PPR is issued to your spouse and child then you can no longer add them as your dependent for the PR purpose and you will have only direct PR route or Sponsorship route.

So, make plans accordingly. Good Luck.
Thanks Bill,

My spouse is the primary applicant and hence i cannot land before her, i assume.
Below is what she has received via e-mail
The e-mail has subject line READY FOR VISA. It's from IRCC.CPCO FINALREQUEST@cic.gc.ca and they are asking for our passports, 2 photos, any change in circumstances like pregnancy with expected date of delivery etc to finalize our application.
They are asking us to submit our travel documents in order to prepare for issuance of CoPR. It also contains details of planning ahead with links for potential immigrants to help them settle down.

Lastly it has signature of immigration department.

Is this e-mail called the PPR letter (what is the full form of PPR) ?
Any idea how a PPR letter looks like ?

erridja100

Jul 13, 2017
Hello Bill I sure hope I'm not bothering you again with this question.

When I first created my express entry profile I put the school name it was written on the WES credentials (The name in English: School of Management, Computer Studies and Telecommunications) even though the the school name on the diploma I had sent them is in French.
The school name which is in English is the same I wrote on my Education History When I submitted OINP application for nomination.
Now after I received an invitation to apply I can modify the name and put the French one. Would it be OK ?.