+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post e-APR Process and Common Reasons for Rejection

nabil100

Nov 18, 2017
They don't consider it as misrepresentation for PR applications as long as your criminal record and security check is clean. Misrepresentation usually occurs for false documents or hiding some criminal activity.

So you should be more than safe and this refusal shall not impact your PR application.

Good Luck
Hello Mister Bill,
I hope I'm not bothering you with the same question again.
In the Canadian temporary resident application I applied for this passed June there was this question:
"Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?" for which I unintentionally said "NO" as I did not pay attention to the first part of the question (Have you ever been refused a visa or permit).
Now on the ePRA the same question is asked. I had US tourist visa refused in 2014. So I will answer "YES".

Here is the issue:
============
CIC can say if I have applied for a Canadian tourist visa before. I do not know if they will access the Canadian temporary resident application I have filed to compare both questions.
In your opinion if they do and find that there is a contradiction between my answers for the same question, would this be considered as a misrepresentation.
I appreciate your help and advises Mister Bill.
Thank you !
note: I didn't land to Canada after I got the visa as I'm applying for immigrant visa now.

Rocky83

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Hi Bill and Others,

I have received an e-mail from IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca, requesting passports to be submitted at VAC for delivery to Canadian High Commission before Dec 24 2017. However there is now an unexpected change in my circumstance. My spouse is expecting a child.

Would like to know How do I communicate this change (is it via IRCC Webform - Case Specific Enquiry with supporting documents like medical reports). Also how will this impact our application for PR ? Will IRCC consider it favourably and extend submission deadlines to sometime after birth of my child which is expected in July 2018 or reject our application ?
Also, The e-mail says any change in personal circumstances needs to be notified to the primary office immediately which is (CPC-Ottawa).
Should we reply on the e-mail sent to us or log a separate CSE with supporting documents (medical reports and changes to proof of funds (as we would be 3 members by July 2018) and LOE for the same. Currently we have only shown proof of funds for 2 members
Has anybody encountered such a situation ?
Looking for assistance as I only have 30 days.

Last edited:

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hello Bill,
I sure hope my message finds you well.
I would like to know if I will have to upload "imm0008_4E/ ECONOMIC CLASSES-PROVINCIAL NOMINEES" for me, and "imm5669E/SCHEDULED A BACKGROUND DECLARATION" for me and my spouse when submitting my ePRA.
Thank you Bill,
Best Regards,
No form is required to be attached however you can if you wish. For Nomination you will need to attach certificate and fill a tab of Nomination.

Rocky83

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Hi Bill/Others,

I have received an e-mail from IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca, requesting passports to be submitted at VAC for delivery to Canadian High Commission before Dec 24 2017. However there is now an unexpected change in my circumstance. My spouse is expecting a child.

Would like to know How do I communicate this change (is it via IRCC Webform - Case Specific Enquiry with supporting documents like medical reports). Also how will this impact our application for PR ? Will IRCC consider it favourably and extend submission deadlines to sometime after birth of my child which is expected in July 2018 or reject our application ?
Also, The e-mail says any change in personal circumstances needs to be notified to the primary office immediately which is (CPC-Ottawa).
Should we reply on the e-mail sent to us or log a separate CSE with supporting documents (medical reports and changes to proof of funds (as we would be 3 members by July 2018) and LOE for the same. Currently we have only shown proof of funds for 2 members

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hello Mister Bill,
I hope I'm not bothering you with the same question again.
In the Canadian temporary resident application I applied for this passed June there was this question:
"Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?" for which I unintentionally said "NO" as I did not pay attention to the first part of the question (Have you ever been refused a visa or permit).
Now on the ePRA the same question is asked. I had US tourist visa refused in 2014. So I will answer "YES".

Here is the issue:
============
CIC can say if I have applied for a Canadian tourist visa before. I do not know if they will access the Canadian temporary resident application I have filed to compare both questions.
In your opinion if they do and find that there is a contradiction between my answers for the same question, would this be considered as a misrepresentation.
I appreciate your help and advises Mister Bill.
Thank you !
note: I didn't land to Canada after I got the visa as I'm applying for immigrant visa now.
I have seen hundred cases and none resulted in Refusal. This is not a big issue unless you make it complicated for yourself. Just be true and write reason for refusal and that’s it.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi Bill/Others,

You will update them using web form and wait for their reply and ADR.

Rocky83

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Hi Bill, Just curious to know what is an ADR and how does it work ?
Also what is the landing date that IRCC usually considers for stamping purposes (6m, 1 year or more from the date of submission of passports). If anyone can help

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi Bill, Just curious to know what is an ADR and how does it work ?
Additional Document Request. This is an additional document asked by IRCC to process your application.

Landing Date is when you will arrive in Canada and your data is recorded there. However, if you are asking about Visa Expiry Date then it is earlier of Medical Expiry Date or Passport Expiry Date.

Mzub

Jul 9, 2017
Hi Mr BillHyatt, my file transferred to London visa office on 22 September as per previous gcms notes. Now it is completing 2 months and my status is still Not applicable. On average how much time it takes for a file to be processed.

maplewinn

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hello all,

Please I need guidance. I received a letter requesting more information on my travel history. It is stated as below:

Dear xxx

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the review of your application, we require the following documents:

- UCI number and name
- Travel history info form: information on your previous travel history (trip duration and purpose) including citizenship and resident document information. This must be received by 2017/11/30
- Your Travels: a pdf link provided here

The 2nd bullet, how do they mean including citizenship and resident document information? It is not in the form via the link provided. Not sure what that requirement means.

Please help.

@anwar01 @BillHyatt @trumprefugee

erridja100

Jul 13, 2017
No form is required to be attached however you can if you wish. For Nomination you will need to attach certificate and fill a tab of Nomination.
Thank you Bill for your help.
I still have a question if your don't mind.
On my WES credential they put the name of the school I graduated from in English while the school name is in French. I see that they just translated the same name from French to English.
Would that be OK in your opinion for CIC officer as I will upload the WES credential with my diploma where the name appears in french.
Thank you Bill,
Best Regards,

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
Hello all,

Please I need guidance. I received a letter requesting more information on my travel history. It is stated as below:

Dear xxx

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the review of your application, we require the following documents:

- UCI number and name
- Travel history info form: information on your previous travel history (trip duration and purpose) including citizenship and resident document information. This must be received by 2017/11/30
- Your Travels: a pdf link provided here

The 2nd bullet, how do they mean including citizenship and resident document information? It is not in the form via the link provided. Not sure what that requirement means.

Please help.

@anwar01 @BillHyatt @trumprefugee
It means that if you have citizenship other than your native country or you are residing as Expat in another country, in this case you have to provide the Resident card or citizenship card information.

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
@BillHyatt

Hi Bill

For employment experience,
1. You can submit only Masters however in the past there are plenty of cases where IRCC requested Bachelors or Post-Secondary Degrees that in itself are needed for Masters. However, for these, you are not required to have ECA.

2. One letter is sufficient if it covers funds.

I hope it answered your questions.
Hi Bill

I got my Masters evaluated for ECA. I am listing it in the education history section.

1. Do i need to include my other degrees also in this very section or is it okay to put them in the personal history section / LOE?

2. A problem with listing education history in personal history section is that the latter only asks for last 10 years of details. If a degree was received prior to that, i wouldn't be able to list it there. Maybe i can list them all in LOE instead?

Thanks

Last edited:

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi Mr BillHyatt, my file transferred to London visa office on 22 September as per previous gcms notes. Now it is completing 2 months and my status is still Not applicable. On average how much time it takes for a file to be processed.
Applicants are waiting for more than 100 Days for London Visa Office. I have seen applicants from July 25th AOR getting in IP2, however, still, some from the first week of July AOR are also waiting to be in IP2.

If they start processing more applications next week then you may get in IP2 otherwise the wait can be extended to a pre-Christmas week.

Good Luck

Reactions: Mzub