+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post e-APR Process and Common Reasons for Rejection

sala70vic

Jun 17, 2017
Hi Bill,

I received nomination frim Ontario & currently I'm in a visit to my home country 'Egypt' while I'm residing/working in Saudi Arabia.

I'm expecting to receive ITA in the next draw, I have issued today a PCC from Egypt as obtaining a PCC from Saudi Arabia is a long process, will this cause any issue if i uploaded a PCC with a date before the ITA date?

Thanks

babyfreeverse

Jul 15, 2017
Yes, it indicates Step 3 is complete and your application is approved. It will take some time from now to receive PPR. I would say from 4-6 Weeks from RPRF.

Good Luck!
Thanks again for this awesome list you have so we won't make these mistakes. May I ask what your take is on RPRF - pay upfront or not? I've read on other threads that while it's good to pay upfront so it isn't delayed at all or any further, when you are asked to pay, it means it has been approved so you're no longer guessing at this point.

Last edited:

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Thanks again for this awesome list you have so we won't make these mistakes. May I ask what your take is on RPRF - pay upfront or not? I've read on other threads that while it's good to pay upfront so it isn't delayed at all or any further, when you are asked to pay, it means it has been approved so you're no longer guessing at this point.
Both are OK for me. The only difference is that when RPRF is paid your Profile will be uploaded as complete in GCMS notes while in other cases it will state RPRF required. Before sending the file for approval they will check its status in GCMS and then decide the final course of action.

Therefore, it will not impact the speed and processing time for your files. I have seen people getting PPR the next day of submitting RPRF.

Good Luck!

Canadian_Iam

May 29, 2017
Hi @BillHyatt, I received nomination yesterday from OINP and started collecting documents and preparing LoE. I'am worried about the following issue and need guidance from this forum:

I got married 3 months back and included my spouse as accompanying in EE profile (& in OINP application). However, the marriage took place in presence of two family members and selective relatives & friends and we got a valid marriage certificate as well. The problem is we currently live in two different address (but in same area, around 100 meter distance). Our PCC and address history in e-APR will reflect this fact that we are not living together.

I'm wondering if IRCC may challenge the marriage or require any further evidence/form/documents. Will it be acceptable to IRCC if I clarify the entire fact in LoE saying that it's a ritual to have a weeding program before living under a same roof and attach some proofs like our photos of our marriage and honeymoon?

Looking forward to insightful answers/way outs. Thanks.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
You should explain this with Proper Names of these functions/Rituals that you follow. This will help them understand that although you are legally married but still haven't started living together. This is very important in your case to be honest and explain as much as you can.

IRCC can ask pictures of celeberations and compare it with standard style of wedding applicable at your city or country.

IRCC do take recent marriages especially near to application very seriously and you both should be prepared to answer on phone or interview questions regarding this.

I hope this will help.

sala70vic

Jun 17, 2017
@ billhyatt

Any advice plz?

Hi Bill,

I received nomination frim Ontario & currently I'm in a visit to my home country 'Egypt' while I'm residing/working in Saudi Arabia.

I'm expecting to receive ITA in the next draw, I have issued today a PCC from Egypt as obtaining a PCC from Saudi Arabia is a long process, will this cause any issue if i uploaded a PCC with a date before the ITA date?

Thanks

Canadian_Iam

May 29, 2017
You should explain this with Proper Names of these functions/Rituals that you follow. This will help them understand that although you are legally married but still haven't started living together. This is very important in your case to be honest and explain as much as you can.

IRCC can ask pictures of celeberations and compare it with standard style of wedding applicable at your city or country.

IRCC do take recent marriages especially near to application very seriously and you both should be prepared to answer on phone or interview questions regarding this.

I hope this will help.
Thanks Bill. I also have a joint account with my spouse since 2 years back which I'll show as proof of settlement fund. Someone from my country (Bangladesh) who had similar case (married few months before e-APR and had different current residential address got PPR) suggested not to put any note in LoE regarding marriage. How does it sound to you?

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Thanks Bill. I also have a joint account with my spouse since 2 years back which I'll show as proof of settlement fund. Someone from my country (Bangladesh) who had similar case (married few months before e-APR and had different current residential address got PPR) suggested not to put any note in LoE regarding marriage. How does it sound to you?
Having different residential addresses are not a problem and IRCC usually don't create problem in this regards.

You may avoid writing LOE and wait for IRCC reaction. This is perfectly alright however you should be mentally prepared for IRCC questions.

The problem IRCC usually create is to prove thay you are actually married and not just doing this for gaining Canadian PR.

There are many cases especially from Asian Countries where fake marriages are done to obtain PR. So, my previous answer is based on this fact not address issue. As you said only few family members were present at your wedding may raise red flags if they check photos for celebrations. In that case your application will be sent for further verification.

Therefore, be prepared to provide satisfactory answer to IRCC if they select you for audit. Otherwise you can just let things happen without making your file complicated.

I hope this will help. Good Luck!

ulltimate

Jul 19, 2017
My EOR just came out positive changing my CRS from 408 to 471.
I also have Ontario Nomination.
I have neither accepted nor reject the Ontario nomination. Hope it wont block me from get ITA. Is there any implication of rejecting the Nomination?

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
My EOR just came out positive changing my CRS from 408 to 471.
I also have Ontario Nomination.
I have neither accepted nor reject the Ontario nomination. Hope it wont block me from get ITA. Is there any implication of rejecting the Nomination?
The only implication is that you will not be Nominated by OINP again. Other than that there is no implication.

FSW route will 2x faster than PNP (as of now) meaning your file will be concluded within 2 months as compare to 4 months of PNP.

I hope this will help.

infinix

Feb 13, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR : may 9th
Medical : 26th June
IP1 to NA : 27th june till date
Review of additional documents changed to we do not need additional documents in July
RPRF request on Aug 3rd
File moved to LVO on 4th July
@BillHyatt, what so you think is going on with my application?
Is it going on well since I haven't heard any update for a long time?
Why is NA for so long?
Thanks

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
AOR : may 9th
Medical : 26th June
IP1 to NA : 27th june till date
Review of additional documents changed to we do not need additional documents in July
RPRF request on Aug 3rd
File moved to LVO on 4th July
@BillHyatt, what so you think is going on with my application?
Is it going on well since I haven't heard any update for a long time?
Why is NA for so long?
Thanks
NA2 can take about 40 days due to verification and another reason can be that your file is moved to another office. However, receiving RPRF request means you are few steps away from getting PPR.

Meanwhile, you can this link https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app= to see if your application is still under process or approved.

iMayflower

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
NOC Code......
NA2 can take about 40 days due to verification and another reason can be that your file is moved to another office. However, receiving RPRF request means you are few steps away from getting PPR.

Meanwhile, you can this link https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app= to see if your application is still under process or approved.
Hi Bill, i tried to use this link with UCI number by the way but it can't find my application there:(

Reactions: Tomi2