+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post e-APR Process and Common Reasons for Rejection

maj987

Jul 25, 2017
Hi Bill

Can you please let me know at which stage employment verification is done, if any? As i have provided reference letter from a company which is closed down now. I have provided all the information to them and have given contact details of my manager in that company. Are you aware of any such cases?

Thanks for your reply in advance.

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
You need PCC since 18th Birthday. I can't understand your question properly, however, your wife PCC shall cover all the addresses she lived since 18th Birthday and dates covering the period till the certificate is being requested.

I hope this will help.
thx alot i ve got the answer...:D

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
The trend in the past shows that every candidate sees a different pattern. However, we can assume it starts with AOR, Medical Pass, BG NA1 - IP1 - NA2 - IP2 (Usually Request for Fee is initiated in this step) - PPR.

The latest trend (For June or July applications and onwards) for FSW is AOR (1 Day), MP (2 Weeks), IP1 (2 Weeks), NA2 (2 Weeks), IP2 (3 Weeks), PPR (2 Weeks). Total time is between 50-70 Days.

While PNP applications will take 2x more time that is about 4-5 months.

I hope this will help.
Very Nice Information! Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: sundar17feb99

samtack77

May 16, 2012
Good day everyone, please do Canada verify what is filled in our US visa application DS160 forms..I have been denied a visitor Visa before. My travel agent filled my Marital status as " married" even though I am not. I am yet to submit my E-APR. I intend to fill it as "Single "...Do they usually ask to see what one fill in the DS160 form when carrying out a background check.. I haven't travelled to any country before and I will only be submitting my Country PCC alone.. Thanks

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Good day everyone, please do Canada verify what is filled in our US visa application DS160 forms..I have been denied a visitor Visa before. My travel agent filled my Marital status as " married" even though I am not. I am yet to submit my E-APR. I intend to fill it as "Single "...Do they usually ask to see what one fill in the DS160 form when carrying out a background check.. I haven't travelled to any country before and I will only be submitting my Country PCC alone.. Thanks
No, they will not check other countries visa forms however they will only check with National authorities where you visited to check Criminal Records only.

I hope this will help.

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Dear @BillHyatt :

I am an AOR 11th August. My addresses come under two different local police stations, though PCC is issued by the Superintendent Security brance as per IRCC requirements. However, the PCC is issued mentioning only the present address and mention of the police station of that address is also there. The same authority issues PCC for all localities within the city no matter which police station one belongs to. But the problem is they have mentioned "No criminal record as per record of local police station of present address". They told me they wont issue any PCC for old addresses because any crime committed has a record in all the police stations. Do you think I should raise a CSE and write an LOE to explain why my PCC mentions only the present address?

Regards,

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Dear @BillHyatt :

I am an AOR 11th August. My addresses come under two different local police stations, though PCC is issued by the Superintendent Security brance as per IRCC requirements. However, the PCC is issued mentioning only the present address and mention of the police station of that address is also there. The same authority issues PCC for all localities within the city no matter which police station one belongs to. But the problem is they have mentioned "No criminal record as per record of local police station of present address". They told me they won't issue any PCC for old addresses because any crime committed has a record in all the police stations. Do you think I should raise a CSE and write an LOE to explain why my PCC mentions only the present address?

Regards,
I understand your case, however, IRCC has clearly mentioned that your PCC should cover all addresses and time you spent in that area. I think in your country something like City Police issues certificates, so as long as your addresses fall under a single City it wouldn't be any problem. If you have lived in any other city or state then you will need to get a separate PCC from that place.

You can, however, raise a CSE but before that, I would suggest consulting anyone from your own country first.

Reactions: omarkhan

samtack77

May 16, 2012
Tha
No, they will not check other countries visa forms however they will only check with National authorities where you visited to check Criminal Records only.

I hope this will help.
Thanks billhyatt, I have been worried ever since I thought if one indicate in the application form and Schedule A form that one has been denied US visa before, the visa officer will request to see the US visa form from the US. Embassy. I am just scared because of misrepresentation...

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
I understand your case, however, IRCC has clearly mentioned that your PCC should cover all addresses and time you spent in that area. I think in your country something like City Police issues certificates, so as long as your addresses fall under a single City it wouldn't be any problem. If you have lived in any other city or state then you will need to get a separate PCC from that place.

You can, however, raise a CSE but before that, I would suggest consulting anyone from your own country first.
All my addresses fall within the same city and under the same PCC issuing authority. I will consult others also from my country. Thanks a lot.

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
Dear @BillHyatt :

I am an AOR 11th August. My addresses come under two different local police stations, though PCC is issued by the Superintendent Security brance as per IRCC requirements. However, the PCC is issued mentioning only the present address and mention of the police station of that address is also there. The same authority issues PCC for all localities within the city no matter which police station one belongs to. But the problem is they have mentioned "No criminal record as per record of local police station of present address". They told me they wont issue any PCC for old addresses because any crime committed has a record in all the police stations. Do you think I should raise a CSE and write an LOE to explain why my PCC mentions only the present address?

Regards,
Brother Don't worry. I have researched this Pakistan PCC issue for more then 6 months now. I have come to the following conclusions.

1- City Police will only issue PCC if that city address is mentioned in your NIC. So you can get PCC only from your permanent address and present address on NIC.
2- It has been confirmed that permanent address Police station is updated regarding any FIR against that Person. So your local police station PCC is covering all country.
3- IRCC requires one PCC from every country/territory you lived more then 6 months. But it must includes your time since 18 years.
4- I have only seen one rejection case of Brazil where the local police station did not covered all Country. No Pakistani was ever seen rejected on forum that he uploaded only one PCC (covering since age 18)
5- I have more then 4 examples in my social circle who studies and resided in different cities of Pakistan which is also mentioned in their personnel history and they only provided permanent address PCC. They all are PR holders now.

In conclusion, Pakistan DPO issued or city police issued PCC is good for all country. Do not get worried.

Last edited:

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Brother Don't worry. I have researched this Pakistan PCC issue for more then 6 months now. I have come to the following conclusions.

1- City Police will only issue PCC if that city address is mentioned in your NIC. So you can get PCC only from your permanent address and present address on NIC.
2- It has been confirmed that permanent address Police station is updated regarding any FIR against that Person. So your local police station PCC is covering all country.
3- IRCC requires one PCC from every country/territory you lived more then 6 months. But it must includes your time since 18 years.
4- I have only seen one rejection case of Brazil where the local police station did not covered all Country. No Pakistani was ever seen rejected on forum that he uploaded only one PCC (covering since age 18)
5- I have more then 4 examples in my social circle who studies and resided in different cities of Pakistan which is also mentioned in their personnel history and they only provided permanent address PCC. They all are PR holders now.

In conclusion, Pakistan DPO issued or city police issued PCC is good for all country. Do not get worried.
Dear anwar:

I am so grateful for such a detailed information, and you have no idea how much you have put my thoughts at ease. Judging from this I think IRCC would be knowing these facts about Pakistani PCC. I have taken PCC's for both the permanent and present address to be on the same side. And I think I should not raise CSE at all as I might complicate my case unnecessarily then.

Can you please help me with one more worry? Both of my PCC's simply says "No criminal record against him to date", i.e.there is no mention of from and to date (I have lived in same city for my entire life post 18th birthday). Is that alright? Again, they said its our fixed format.

Thank you very much brother. God bless you.

Regards

Reactions: Wandering Mind

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
Dear anwar:

I am so grateful for such a detailed information, and you have no idea how much you have put my thoughts at ease. Judging from this I think IRCC would be knowing these facts about Pakistani PCC. I have taken PCC's for both the permanent and present address to be on the same side. And I think I should not raise CSE at all as I might complicate my case unnecessarily then.

Can you please help me with one more worry? Both of my PCC's simply says "No criminal record against him to date", i.e.there is no mention of from and to date (I have lived in same city for my entire life post 18th birthday). Is that alright? Again, they said its our fixed format.

Thank you very much brother. God bless you.

Regards
If format is fixed then it is ok. IRCC would know this thing about different cities format as thousand of Pakistanis from different cities are applying for Canada Immigration.

Reactions: Kscph and omarkhan

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
anwar01 said:
If format is fixed then it is ok. IRCC would know this thing about different cities format as thousand of Pakistanis from different cities are applying for Canada Immigration.
Thanks a lot. Stay blessed.

Raine_18

May 23, 2017
Hi, i just want to ask regarding the settlement funds. do they base the exchange rate from the AOR date or the current date?

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi, i just want to ask regarding the settlement funds. do they base the exchange rate from the AOR date or the current date?
They will see both the AOR date and date the immigration officer is verifying funds.

If they have doubts then they can ask for additional documents including Latest Bank Statements.

I hope this will help.