+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post e-APR Process and Common Reasons for Rejection

nabil100

Nov 18, 2017
Hello ,
Please help me with this situation:
I received an ITA this week, here is the situation:
My last name on my birth certificate is çhabala, which is the same on my kid's birth certificate since it is based on mine.
My last name on my national ID card, my passport, my marriage certificate,and all my diplomas including WES credentials is chabala, and that is the same on my kid's passport (chabala).
Now here is the issue:
CIC asks for dependents birth certificate, and I believe they will notice this last name difference between what's on my kid's birth certificate and her passport.
In your opinion , will this cause an issue. How can I approach this.
Please help me ! Thank you.

eeaor0519

Oct 24, 2017
I can't understand your exact situation, however, there is a rule (I guess) that restricts a number of hours that can be claimed based on a study permit. I am not sure about that rule but will try to get an idea of that. I will also suggest you do some research on rules regarding work experience claimed during study permit before raising CSE for a reconsideration.
Hi Bill,

Thank you for your help. I just created a new thread clarifying my situation and providing more details.

If you would don't mind, could you please have a read on my new thread? Your advice would be greatly appreciated!

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/help-with-responding-to-procedure-fairness-letter.529217/

Reactions: Eaglemaniac

eeaor0519

Oct 24, 2017
If you think this is a mistake then raise a CSE and also send an email to CPC-CTD-O (if you case is in Ottawa). Write a polite email while at the same time pointing out the mistake (eg. "I am uncertain as to whether this was an error...). Happened in my case where they missed out on my FD and got a straight refusal that I do not meet the eligibility requirements. Case reopened in a week and got PPR the same day!
Congratulations on your recently approved PPR!

Thank you for your advice! I hope that the officer overlooked my work permit and unreasonably assumed that my work experience doesn't qualify while studying part-time.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hello ,
Please help me with this situation:
I received an ITA this week, here is the situation:
My last name on my birth certificate is çhabala, which is the same on my kid's birth certificate since it is based on mine.
My last name on my national ID card, my passport, my marriage certificate,and all my diplomas including WES credentials is chabala, and that is the same on my kid's passport (chabala).
Now here is the issue:
CIC asks for dependents birth certificate, and I believe they will notice this last name difference between what's on my kid's birth certificate and her passport.
In your opinion , will this cause an issue. How can I approach this.
Please help me ! Thank you.
It shouldn't create a problem and if they need more evidence they will send you a Letter.

nabil100

Nov 18, 2017
It shouldn't create a problem and if they need more evidence they will send you a Letter.
Thank you BillHyatt for your response. In your opinion, should I explain this to them when I submit my application, or just wait and see if they require evidences or an explanation ?.
I'm afraid they would reject the application straight away without giving me a chance to provide other evidences they may ask for.

Thank you very much !

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Thank you BillHyatt for your response. In your opinion, should I explain this to them when I submit my application, or just wait and see if they require evidences or an explanation ?.
I'm afraid they would reject the application straight away without giving me a chance to provide other evidences they may ask for.

Thank you very much !
Yes, you should explain this in LOE if you haven't applied yet.

richacanadapr17

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
Hello Bill,

For proof of employment for my latest company I have reference letter as per CIC so I am attaching 1 : reference letter , 2 : 2 salary slips and 3 : offer letter and for the last 2 company I don't have salary on one and no of hours and salary on other so I am attaching reference letter , salary slips , offer letter , reliving letter , increment letter and bank statement showing the salary

DO I need to attach anything else?

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hello Bill,

For proof of employment for my latest company I have reference letter as per CIC so I am attaching 1 : reference letter , 2 : 2 salary slips and 3 : offer letter and for the last 2 company I don't have salary on one and no of hours and salary on other so I am attaching reference letter , salary slips , offer letter , reliving letter , increment letter and bank statement showing the salary

DO I need to attach anything else?
It seems good however the final decision is to be made by an analyst. Good Luck

pino1130

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Thanks, Bill

I want to update you on my current status.

I received a letter from IRCC this morning saying that my full-time work experience does not meet the requirements under R87.1(3)(a) because I 'm holding a study permit and was enrolled in full-time studies during the time of work.

But the thing is,I have a valid post-graduate work permit to work full time (already uploaded with my application); and all my classes are either at night or on weekends, which are not in conflict with my work hours, also I'm not enrolled full-time, only 1-2 classes per semester.

It seems they've made a mistake..
Hi,
Are you applying under CEC or FSW? And was your full-time study in Canada or another country? Because if you're FSW then working during studying is fine.

goldjosef

Dec 9, 2016
Hello @BillHyatt ,
I have been on IP2 since early October and was told after calling IRCC a week after that my file has been approved (4th October) but haven't received any PPR mail yet. Wondering if an approved file can still be undergoing SS or some form of additional review cos it's taking so long??
AOR: June 15
FSW Outland

erridja100

Jul 13, 2017
Hello Bill,
I sure hope you're doing great.
First of all I would like to thank you for all your support and advises.
Under my spouse work history I did not mention any work history for the following reasons:
1-Her work experience was not in Canada, therefore no points will be added to my CRS.
2-She cannot get a a reference letter , instead she could only get an ordinary wok certificate from her previous employer.

I have mentioned her employment under Personal activity, and I will attach the her work certificate she got from her employer.
I'm about to submit the ePR application , and I would like to know if that would be OK for CIC, and wouldn't be considered as a misrepresentation.
Thank you so very much Bill.
Best Regards,

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hello @BillHyatt ,
I have been on IP2 since early October and was told after calling IRCC a week after that my file has been approved (4th October) but haven't received any PPR mail yet. Wondering if an approved file can still be undergoing SS or some form of additional review cos it's taking so long??
AOR: June 15
FSW Outland
I can't say the possibility of SS after PPR as I haven't seen any such case in the past. SS is usually done as a part of Security Check (Admissibility).

Usually, PPR is approved but for some reasons, they are not issued for a month or more. I would recommend writing an email to the visa office and ask them that you have called IRCC and you were informed that your file was approved however you haven't received any email yet.

I hope this will help.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hello Bill,
I sure hope you're doing great.
First of all I would like to thank you for all your support and advises.
Under my spouse work history I did not mention any work history for the following reasons:
1-Her work experience was not in Canada, therefore no points will be added to my CRS.
2-She cannot get a a reference letter , instead she could only get an ordinary wok certificate from her previous employer.

I have mentioned her employment under Personal activity, and I will attach the her work certificate she got from her employer.
I'm about to submit the ePR application , and I would like to know if that would be OK for CIC, and wouldn't be considered as a misrepresentation.
Thank you so very much Bill.
Best Regards,
Do mention this fact very clearly in LOE. Tell them that you are not claiming any point for that and therefore, you have only written it in Personal Activity and attached the relevant supporting document if you need them.

Sometimes agents consider these experience letters, so you should be clear that they will not have any impact on points and your profile.

I hope this will help.

goldjosef

Dec 9, 2016
I can't say the possibility of SS after PPR as I haven't seen any such case in the past. SS is usually done as a part of Security Check (Admissibility).

Usually, PPR is approved but for some reasons, they are not issued for a month or more. I would recommend writing an email to the visa office and ask them that you have called IRCC and you were informed that your file was approved however you haven't received any email yet.

I hope this will help.
Thanks alot sir... Please what's the email address of CPC OTTAWA??

tanit

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
hi , guys , i raised a CSE for a change of document , and i've received an email for confirmation the email says :
"We are pleased to confirm the reception of your document. We have forwarded it to the responsible office for their consideration.
Since your file is located at a Canadian visa office, we invite you to contact them too in order to: ....... "

I would like to ask : Application status and Application file location and visa office confirmation of document reception.

am OIPNP Sept Aor , I suppose , my application goes through CIO Sydney NS then to LVO Paris or LVO of my home country
how can I know my Canadian visa office ???
Should I contact CIO , Call IRCC ?? am confused !!