+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post e-APR Process and Common Reasons for Rejection

kai77

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
If you have not received a request for passport submission or an interview then it implies that your application is still under process.

yes i guess its still under process. but then why they asked for RPRF fees. everywhere people says if they say RPRF fees are asked that means you are close. but in my case after RPRF it is almost 3 months and no update even medical is passed.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
yes i guess its still under process. but then why they asked for RPRF fees. everywhere people says if they say RPRF fees are asked that means you are close. but in my case after RPRF it is almost 3 months and no update even medical is passed.
No that’s not correct. They can ask for RPRF earlier or later in the process. It gives no indication about the progress on your application.
If you really wanna know the true status on your application order GCMS notes or try and call the IRCC call centre in Canada

Ebiks

Mar 18, 2018
Hello Stamstack77!

Please any update on how your application and interview went will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Good day Billhyatt and all, please i have a question and I would like to know if anyone has ever been in my shoe, my application is now 9 months.

LVO told me last month that my file has been transferred to my Local visa office and that I will be contacted for an interview.

Although, I have ordered a Gcms note which is yet to arrive. Something just came to my mind which I overlooked initially. I am worried and have a concern because I worked with a small company from 2011 to 2014, when I joined the company in 2011, they were using a registered business name but a new name was later created, re-registered and upgraded to "Limited liability" in 2013. For example "Divine motors" now changed to "Divine motors & haulage limited" When I got reference letter last year from the company, it wasn't stated in the letter that the company used an old name. The company wrote I worked with "Divine motors & haulage Limited" from 2011 to 2014

Also, while filling my work & personal history during E-APR, I didn't mention the old name, I just wrote that I work with the company from 2011 to 2014 using the company's new name because I felt it was same company (my employment and confirmation letter are on the company's old letter head while my resignation letter is on the company's new letterhead)

I didn't write this in LOE and I only submitted a reference letter from the company (It stated that I worked with them from 2011 to 2014)

My questions
(1) Is this misrepresentation?
(2) Should I raise a CSE and explain the situation and submit documents that I have for this job or should i wait and explain this during the interview?
(3) Should I request for another reference letter from my former employer stating that the company used an Old name and resumbit the letter via CSE?
(4) Is it too late to raise a CSE and explain this whole situation.
(5) Will swearing and affidavit suffice?

I need all inputs. Thanks

NMS@

Apr 5, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
O7-10-19
AOR Received.
07-10-19
Hi @BillHyatt

Hi need your help.

I have made a mistake by requesting my previous employer to write my NOC code on my employment letter. That NOC code 2151 was as per my designation .

Now the thing is my duties match NOC 2251. So I declined the ITA and updated my EE profile with right NOC code 2251.

I plan to mention in LOE that I made a mistake of requesting my employer to write the NOC code based on my designation and request CIC to avoid it as I doesn't match with my duties, do you think it can be any problematic? Also, they will be able to see my profile's history that I got an ITA based on this wrong NOC code 2151 also which I declined and corrected my NOC code.

I know NOC code wasn't needed on employment letter. But getting letter again from my ex-boss is extremely difficult.

Do you think VO can actually relate that it was a genuine mistake as the NOC code mentioned on employment letter was right as per my designation? Which now I know is wrong way to chose NOC :(

Please suggest if you think LOE will suffice in my case.

mbattle95

Jul 5, 2019
U.S.A.
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
31-08-2019
File Transfer...
15-10-2019
Med's Request
03-10-2019
Med's Done....
29-10-2019
Passport Req..
25-11-2019
LANDED..........
26-12-2019
lol...Yes 5...Too many silly mistakes...
Lol I know this is monthsss late but how did raising 5 CSE's end up working out for you? I've raised two for mistakes I made and to clarify some things (not requested to do so) and from my general understanding, sending CSE's to fix/clarify mistakes doesn't have a negative impact except it may delay your application processing (but there's no way to truly know). Like I've read that you want to fix your mistakes rather than risk misrepresentation and generally officers appreciate you being proactive. But sending a CSE like once a week asking about the status of your application even though you're still within normal processing times might have a negative impact. This is information I've gathered from people on here, I don't actually know as I'm still very new to this whole thing. I'm just writing this out to see if someone else who's raised multiple CSE's correcting mistakes has had a good outcome? And please, I mainly would like an answer from someone who has done this and it worked out for them (or didn't) like NZ_ozzie I'd like to hear about your experience. Or if it really is up to the officer looking at your application how lenient they want to be?

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
Lol I know this is monthsss late but how did raising 5 CSE's end up working out for you? I've raised two for mistakes I made and to clarify some things (not requested to do so) and from my general understanding, sending CSE's to fix/clarify mistakes doesn't have a negative impact except it may delay your application processing (but there's no way to truly know). Like I've read that you want to fix your mistakes rather than risk misrepresentation and generally officers appreciate you being proactive. But sending a CSE like once a week asking about the status of your application even though you're still within normal processing times might have a negative impact. This is information I've gathered from people on here, I don't actually know as I'm still very new to this whole thing. I'm just writing this out to see if someone else who's raised multiple CSE's correcting mistakes has had a good outcome? And please, I mainly would like an answer from someone who has done this and it worked out for them (or didn't) like NZ_ozzie I'd like to hear about your experience. Or if it really is up to the officer looking at your application how lenient they want to be?
In my experience it is all about luck I suppose....I was strongly advised against sending so many CSE's but that didn't stop me and I got my PR....Lots don't send anything and still get PR....Yet lots and lots get rejected just because they didn't send any CSE through....So it is a hit and miss sort of thing with CSEs....

Jass0900

May 23, 2019
Hello Everyone

Wanted a quick clarification. I just submitted my application with only the current passport scanned copy of the biographical page

My older passport has the stamps of the countries I visited but as it was mentioned on the Canadian website that submit only the current passport I did that. But here on the forums it is said that applications might be rejected if you don't submit old passport with stamps.

Need help on this

Thanks in Advance

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
Hello Everyone

Wanted a quick clarification. I just submitted my application with only the current passport scanned copy of the biographical page

My older passport has the stamps of the countries I visited but as it was mentioned on the Canadian website that submit only the current passport I did that. But here on the forums it is said that applications might be rejected if you don't submit old passport with stamps.

Need help on this

Thanks in Advance
Well, if applications were to be rejected if old passports were not uploaded, then this is a conflict in statement on cic. How can they ask for current passport and reject an application because old passports weren't provided ??

That's wrong information. We need to upload passport that we will be using when there will be a PPR. Current, Valid Passport required only.

Jass0900

May 23, 2019
Well, if applications were to be rejected if old passports were not uploaded, then this is a conflict in statement on cic. How can they ask for current passport and reject an application because old passports weren't provided ??

That's wrong information. We need to upload passport that we will be using when there will be a PPR. Current, Valid Passport required only.
Thanks ammad88 for the reply. One more doubt, what about the visa stamps on the old passport. Do those need to be provided to show travel history?

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
Thanks ammad88 for the reply. One more doubt, what about the visa stamps on the old passport. Do those need to be provided to show travel history?
Again. As it asks you for current valid passport, this no need to show stamps from old passport. All stamps and stickers of current valid passport need to be scanned and uploaded.

vivosvoco

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
If you just renewed your passport and have no stamp in it, I think it is better to scan the previous passport, as it contains most stamps/visas that would correspond to the travel history you enter in e-apr.

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
If you just renewed your passport and have no stamp in it, I think it is better to scan the previous passport, as it contains most stamps/visas that would correspond to the travel history you enter in e-apr.
That's the requirement:

You must submit a legible copy of your valid travel document which you will use to travel.

If you have a passport, you must provide a copy of:

• the page that shows your birth date and country of origin, and
  • any pages with stamps, visas or markings.

If you do not have a passport and must use another travel document, it must be issued by a government and include your:

• name,
  • date of birth,
  • document number,
  • citizenship or residency status,
  • photo, and
  • expiry date (if applicable).

vivosvoco

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
That's the requirement:

You must submit a legible copy of your valid travel document which you will use to travel.

If you have a passport, you must provide a copy of:

• the page that shows your birth date and country of origin, and
  • any pages with stamps, visas or markings.

If you do not have a passport and must use another travel document, it must be issued by a government and include your:

• name,
  • date of birth,
  • document number,
  • citizenship or residency status,
  • photo, and
  • expiry date (if applicable).
I know what the requirement is.

My suggestion is based on the situation where one just renewed the passport and has most stamps in the expired passport.
If one has been using the current passport for traveling and only has just a few stamps in the expired passport, then no need to scan the expired passport.

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
I know what the requirement is.

My suggestion is based on the situation where one just renewed the passport and has most stamps in the expired passport.
If one has been using the current passport for traveling and only has just a few stamps in the expired passport, then no need to scan the expired passport.
Your suggestion is appreciated. However, I would consider that as unnecessary extra documentation. I have uploaded my latest passport (issued 29/4/2019) with just 1 visa sticker (no stamps at all). My older passport has stamps of travel but I haven't uploaded it as they require only valid passport which I shall be using while traveling.

Secondly, as far as I know, our travel history can be retrieved easily (by security agencies) as long as we mention it in the travel history section.

Now, It is up to the candidate to chose what he/she wants to upload. No offense what so ever.

vivosvoco

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Your suggestion is appreciated. However, I would consider that as unnecessary extra documentation. I have uploaded my latest passport (issued 29/4/2019) with just 1 visa sticker (no stamps at all). My older passport has stamps of travel but I haven't uploaded it as they require only valid passport which I shall be using while traveling.

Secondly, as far as I know, our travel history can be retrieved easily (by security agencies) as long as we mention it in the travel history section.

Now, It is up to the candidate to chose what he/she wants to upload. No offense what so ever.
Well, with all due respect, my suggestion was not for you.
Plus, extra information would't always be unnecessary, otherwise there would not be many people who also included ECA & language test, which are not asked, either (and I am sure our records of ECA & language tests can be retrieved even more easily).