+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post e-APR Process and Common Reasons for Rejection

aleersurahio

Mar 18, 2019
Part 2 of 2: Most Common Reasons for Rejection

Most common is PCC:

a. Not included

b. No Coloured Scan attached

c. Dates don't cover complete period of stay (for e.g. you stayed in one address until 13th August but PCC cover dates till 31st July – don’t miss even one day)

d. The wrong PCC attached (includes not attaching PCC where you have lived more than 6 months – calculate your stay duration by adding all stays and include PCC if combine stay is 180 days or more)

e. LOE: Not writing explanation of why you weren’t able to attach PCC required and what you have done so far – attach evidence such as PCC Application submitted

f. Incomplete Documents – Some countries require additional documents such as consent forms for IRCC to directly get info therefore, it is important to read carefully CIC Guidance for each specific country before applying.

g. States PCC – Some countries do not have Central/Federal PCC System and therefore, you are advised to get PCC from all states you have lived (For work, study, and residential purpose excluding short stays). In addition, read CIC guidance, as they sometimes require Federal PCC as well instead of just State PCC.

h. Change in Circumstance such as visiting country after having PCC will not remain valid so you need to be careful and may need to apply for PCC again.

Medical Reports:

a. This includes failure to get Upfront Medical or After Letter from IRCC for any reason.

b. In addition, if you have any physical or mental issues the IRCC will reject your application and will advise you to set a meeting with your panellist for further advice or treatment plans – I know some people who recovered after some medication or physiatrist help and got PR later on.

c. Very rare but most significant error I saw was when one person submitted a report from a doctor who was not registered as approved panellist – see from CIC website before booking appointment.

d. Ensure you know what tests are required. Although, it is very rare on one occasion candidate only told panellist that she needs a test for Canada not indicating PR (nowadays for EE) and result was that Full Examination was not done resulting in rejection. {However, that panellist was dropped from approved list after short time but you must be careful if you are not booking appointment from well-reputed institute or Doctor.}

Conversion of Files:

a. Only convert files in the approved format and not just what suits best to you

b. If you are using software’s or online tools for PDF conversion then it is recommended to test it on different readers (such as Foxit or Adobe) before submitting. IRCC will be using Adobe Acrobat so make sure your files (all pages) will open in it. There is a case where IRCC rejected the incomplete application due to files not opening in Adobe (file was converted using Foxit).

c. Your documents must be clear and readable after reducing its size (it is recommended to not have a file below 150)

d. Always convert or scan your file in Color version unless where states by the IRCC to have a grayscale or black and white.

Passport and Visa Status:

a. It is important to attach your Passports and Residential Cards (if applicable) along with your file.

b. Make sure all pages with stamps are also included as IRCC rejected the application in past for not having a stamp for existing of one of the countries.

Education:

a. Not including ECA report or only including ECA number

b. Not including Degrees and Transcripts – please note that IRCC will reject incomplete files unlike OINP, which asks for additional information.

c. If you have distant learning course or studied in a different country than where the Institute is located then include this in Letter of Explanation and clearly mention your status.

Experience:

a. Not including Job responsibility letters or not matching with NOC.

b. Documents submitted cannot be verified the due lack of information of company available online.

c. Company registered in the house or residential area that may raise the question on quality of work performed.

d. Could not answer questions or satisfy officer during a formal interview.

These are the most common Reasons identified from the sample of more than 1,000 applicants in 2016/17.
Hi, thank you this is very useful. My PCC from home country does not mention the time of stay at all, would that be okay or I should add an LOE, cause officials told me that is their standard format.

coder_immigrant

May 18, 2019
Hi, my father transferred me some funds and provided a gift deed. However, the transfer origin is hard to prove on my bank statement (it does not show the account number of the sender). My father's bank is in US and we are not in US. He cannot get his statement delivered. Can he download an online statement and supply together with his gift deed? How can we increase authenticity of his statement?

aleersurahio

Mar 18, 2019
Hi, my father transferred me some funds and provided a gift deed. However, the transfer origin is hard to prove on my bank statement (it does not show the account number of the sender). My father's bank is in US and we are not in US. He cannot get his statement delivered. Can he download an online statement and supply together with his gift deed? How can we increase authenticity of his statement?
Hi, get an online statement of US account, it’ll be system generated without the stamp.
Add your deed, bank statement and father’s bank statement. On the top, must add an LOE explaining the situation.

Reactions: coder_immigrant

coder_immigrant

May 18, 2019
Hi, get an online statement of US account, it’ll be system generated without the stamp.
Add your deed, bank statement and father’s bank statement. On the top, must add an LOE explaining the situation.
Thanks, can a transaction details report be used as well instead of statement? This is in case my father may not want to disclose his statement.

Also my father is not fluent in English. Can I make two identical in meaning paragraphs: one in English and one in our language and get him sign both? They will both be printed on one A4 paper. Otherwise, I will to translate it but it costs a lot.

Sandhusarwar

Jul 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20 November
AOR Received.
20 November
Curious to know if file is in IP2 stage and marked with RR for work experience, then how long does it take in processing? Does it takes more than 6 months?
Hello
Similar situation here.
Hope you have received your PPR.
Please update your progress
Thanks

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
RPRF will be requested at any time. Even when it is requested, it means nothing other than the application is under process. Refusals can and have happened post RPRF. Prior to 2018 RPRF was a strong indication for forthcoming PPR. But it is no longer the case.

There are tons of threads on this topic. Read.
So, why would CIC ask for the RPRF well knowing that the PA's application will probably be refused? Why would they waste the time to refund someone the 490.00? This is all time consuming.

kroshkaboo

Jul 21, 2019
Hey, guys, thanks for all the advice and information. I've received ITA in December, and applied on February 16th. I was immediately asked to pass a medical exam which I did, and then I've been notified my documents are sufficient. Then I was asked to pass biometrics in May, which I also did, it is on my record, but nothing has changed since, and it has been 2.5 month already, I'm still under background check. I assume they are doing the steps differently now, since I didn't get any notifications (according to first message here security check and medicine didn't use to be first ones on the list), so the question is - is there any place or message I can look at the current procedures? The steps they are following now, in 2019? And also maybe someone has an idea on why the security is taking so long? I do not have records in any countries, positive of that. But I have travelled a lot. Thanks in advance!

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Hey, guys, thanks for all the advice and information. I've received ITA in December, and applied on February 16th. I was immediately asked to pass a medical exam which I did, and then I've been notified my documents are sufficient. Then I was asked to pass biometrics in May, which I also did, it is on my record, but nothing has changed since, and it has been 2.5 month already, I'm still under background check. I assume they are doing the steps differently now, since I didn't get any notifications (according to first message here security check and medicine didn't use to be first ones on the list), so the question is - is there any place or message I can look at the current procedures? The steps they are following now, in 2019? And also maybe someone has an idea on why the security is taking so long? I do not have records in any countries, positive of that. But I have travelled a lot. Thanks in advance!
I have find it weird why they would ask for medical right away without even doing background check first, what if you don't pass the background check and you get denied the visa? I think it's all money grab, they make you take the medical examination $300.00 even though it's not guaranteed that you will get the visa, I find this a bit disturbing if you ask me.

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
I have find it weird why they would ask for medical right away without even doing background check first, what if you don't pass the background check and you get denied the visa? I think it's all money grab, they make you take the medical examination $300.00 even though it's not guaranteed that you will get the visa, I find this a bit disturbing if you ask me.
Let's reverse the situation: Passing the medical exam is critical to meeting eligibility. Why spend their time and resources doing a full background check on you if you're found to be medically inadmissible? The medical fee goes to the doctors who perform the exams, not to IRCC, so there's little incentive to have "unnecessary" medicals.

@kroshkaboo , you are on a perfectly normal timeline. There is some literature on this website regarding the current process in 2019 (for example, this post concerning terms and application stages), but even that is evolving and it's good to engage with others to understand what people are seeing. Security can take a while depending on the number of countries you visited, how long you stayed for, and how cooperative those countries are with sharing information. Even then, it is not necessarily a good predictor for how long your case may take. It is often very quiet for several months until your application is marked for approval. Patience-- we are lucky that we get to have our applications processed so quickly, considering that just 5 years ago, the Express Entry program as we know it did not exist and average wait times for PR are well over a year in many places. :)

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Let's reverse the situation: Passing the medical exam is critical to meeting eligibility. Why spend their time and resources doing a full background check on you if you're found to be medically inadmissible? The medical fee goes to the doctors who perform the exams, not to IRCC, so there's little incentive to have "unnecessary" medicals.

@kroshkaboo , you are on a perfectly normal timeline. There is some literature on this website regarding the current process in 2019 (for example, this post concerning terms and application stages), but even that is evolving and it's good to engage with others to understand what people are seeing. Security can take a while depending on the number of countries you visited, how long you stayed for, and how cooperative those countries are with sharing information. Even then, it is not necessarily a good predictor for how long your case may take. It is often very quiet for several months until your application is marked for approval. Patience-- we are lucky that we get to have our applications processed so quickly, considering that just 5 years ago, the Express Entry program as we know it did not exist and average wait times for PR are well over a year in many places. :)
I know that the fees go to the DR's but we are the ones paying for it;) not IRCC and i think that it should be the last stage;) just my opinion.... If you don't pass background/security then no need to take medical, you are refused the visa.

YOU SAID: Why spend their time and resources doing a full background check on you if you're found to be medically inadmissible?

HELLO! We paid BTW;) it's included in the processing fee and also RPRF, I did not pay RPRF at the start and they sent me a letter saying if you want us to continue processing your application you will need to send RPRF and that's before background/security check...

safarizone

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
HELLO! We paid BTW;) it's included in the processing fee and also RPRF, I did not pay RPRF at the start and they sent me a letter saying if you want us to continue processing your application you will need to send RPRF and that's before background/security check...

Nobody gives a damn about if you paid a few hundred bucks. That money probably doesn't cover the cost of the review process. But even if it did, you're NOT THINKING. The main limiting factor is not if Stephan and his smart friends pay them. They are limited in the number of staff they have on hand.

They don't have the staff to deal with a bunch of applicants who will be disqualified at the end of the process, as you suggest they should. For example, assume that out of 4000 applicants, 10% will fail their medicals. But because Smart Stephan reordered the process, the staff will now have to run 4000 background tests instead of 3600. Review 4000 files for eligibility instead of 3600. And so on. So yeah, pay for the medical up front or don't. But come up with better ideas.

Mr_fabrizio

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
Hello there,
I submitted my application (EE-FSW-outland) and got my AOR on December 29, 2018. Then 2 days later I realized that I submitted only the legalized translations without the original documents which are in Arabic language, of my PCC, my spouse PCC, marriage certificate, and 2 kids birth certificates (5 documents in total). So I raised a CSE on January 3, and uploaded the correct documents with the the explanation. I got a confirmation that the documents were received. I also called IRCC and the agent confirmed that the documents were attached to my application, but she also said that they were not reviewed yet. So, how high are my chances of getting rejected?
Pls which number did u call? Kindly assist with the number

BALA_IYER24

Apr 7, 2019
Part 1 of 2: Post e-APR Process

Step 1: Completeness Test as per Regulation 10

Immigration Officer will assure that your file is complete as defined under the Regulation 10 of IRCC Act. If your file includes all details and documents required then it will be sent for Assessment.

Step 2: Assessment for Eligibility and Admissibility

This process sometimes called as A11 (For Eligibility) and A16 (For Admissibility on Medical Ground).

A11 will take some time, however; A16 will be completed within 2-3 days after your file is in Assessment Stage.

A11 (Eligibility Test)

Minimum Entry Requirement (R75)

Verification will be conducted on each of the Six Eligibility Factors (R78-83). This will only focus on assuring that the candidate attained at least 67 out of 100 points and Minimum Score needed at the time ITA was issued. Misrepresentation or Fraud check is carried later on during A40.

Education (R78)

ECA Report and Educational Documents are verified until the officer is satisfied to pass R78.

Language (R79)

Language Score is recalculated using IELTS Scores and Verification is done online using your Test Report Form Number. Once verified R79 is passed.

Work Experience (R80)

Verify Scores calculated and Work Experience Letters. Calculate Similarity of NOC Scores and verify documents. Officer will usually check email, fax, contact, website (if any), and address is written on Letterheads to verify if company physically exists and registered at the address provided. If Satisfied will pass R80.

Age (R81)

Verify the age against the official Personal Documents. Will pass R81 once satisfied.

Arranged Employment – if applicable (R82)

If applicable, will verify any job offers or call employer in Canada. Will Pass R82 after verifying offer from Employer.

Adaptability – if applicable (R83)

Verify each of the adaptability Factor and Points Claimed. Will Pass R83 after every factor is verified.

In addition, Officer will verify the Settlement Funds (R76) to ensure sufficient Funds are available. Once Satisfied will pass R76.

Although, at this stage, eligibility Test is completed your account may not be updated at this stage. Immigration Officer will approve your file and send it for A40 Test and if passed will approve your file as eligible.

A16 (Admissibility on Medical Ground)

At this stage, you will be requested for Medical Certificate or else your Upfront Medical Report will be obtained from your Panel and conclusion will be made on Health concerns.

Applications may be rejected if Health of a Person can impose a threat to Canadians health or will be expensive to treat under Public Health. This includes any health concerns with Children or anyone accompanying with the principal applicant. Good Panelist will inform you the same day regarding your X-Ray and other tests results except for Blood Test, which they usually inform within 2-3 working days if you have any health problem. Therefore, it is better to wait 2-3 working days after Upfront Medical before you apply with IRCC.

Once verified officer will pass and update your file. A11 and A16 Test are started together, however, A11 will take much more time to verify documents.

Criminal Record Verification

After A16 is passed, your first Background Check will be performed and your file will be updated. The status will change from Not Applicable to either In Progress (also referred as IP1) or Next step is to conduct Background Check (also referred as NBGC or IP1).

In this Stage, your Police certificates will be verified and assured that they meet the criteria’s of IRCC as well. In addition, they will send requests to all countries you have visited and obtain clearance from them. If these countries are quick to respond, then your file will move to Not Applicable again in few weeks’ time.

Step 3: Assessment for Misrepresentation and Fraud (A40)

This stage will start once both the A11 and A16 including Criminal Verification is completed. In this stage, your file status will change from Not Applicable to In Progress (also referred as IP2) and will be the final stage before PPR. At this stage, you may be required to take Interview or other checks may be performed. Once A40 is passed, you will receive PPR and you will be required to send Passport to your Visa Office for Stamping and receiving CoPR.

This is the general guide for understanding process only however in reality each candidate and stream may see a different kind of trends.
Hi,

I had received a ghost update recently on 3rd August 2019 and post which i called IRCC to check what was the ghost update about?
As per IRCC
Eligibility and background were in process.

Mailed Ralph to check the same and the reply was
Criminality In progress (This was passed when the last time i had called ircc before the ghost update, but now again went into In progress, don't know the reason why?
Eligibility and Security not been Initiated

Can you tell me what can this mean? Does it mean my eligibility has been completed or has passed the first stage? What might be the reason for the ghost update when there was no change in application status.

kai77

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
Once Step 3 is completed and your application is approved.

hello,

my aor is may 24th 2019.
RPRF fees requested 24 th june 2019
medical passed july 4th 2019.

since then no updates and waiting...... as mentioned over here can i assume my file is approved.?

thank you

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
hello,

my aor is may 24th 2019.
RPRF fees requested 24 th june 2019
medical passed july 4th 2019.

since then no updates and waiting...... as mentioned over here can i assume my file is approved.?

thank you
If you have not received a request for passport submission or an interview then it implies that your application is still under process.