+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post e-APR Process and Common Reasons for Rejection

Jan 23, 2020
Hi , cic mail me about their concerns about my IELTS score . My trf does verify when authentication was made with the auththorities . But they have concerns that I misrepresented my ielts score. How to prove to them that it is genuine.

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Hi , cic mail me about their concerns about my IELTS score . My trf does verify when authentication was made with the auththorities . But they have concerns that I misrepresented my ielts score. How to prove to them that it is genuine.
Did you send the IELTS original copy? The scanned doc?

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
I applied online so I upload a scanned copy
Why would do you think they suspect about your IELTS? Can you log into the IELTS results page and send them a picture of that? Maybe you miswrote a number?

SirManDudeGuy

Jan 3, 2020
Why would do you think they suspect about your IELTS? Can you log into the IELTS results page and send them a picture of that? Maybe you miswrote a number?
afaik you are required to send them the reference number which they can validate online, can't imagine it to be different unless he did the test a second time

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Could anyone confidently tell : would it be a problem if a non US applicant have a Child born in USA though no courts or liabilities implies ?
And should i upload a passport copy ? Or stick with original nationality passport copy ?

Thx

Last edited:

zat_001

Oct 28, 2020
b. If you are using software’s or online tools for PDF conversion then it is recommended to test it on different readers (such as Foxit or Adobe) before submitting. IRCC will be using Adobe Acrobat so make sure your files (all pages) will open in it. There is a case where IRCC rejected the incomplete application due to files not opening in Adobe (file was converted using Foxit).

c. Your documents must be clear and readable after reducing its size (it is recommended to not have a file below 150)
I had submitted my express entry profile on 3rd September 2020, I had merged my work Experience documents using preview app on a Mac without realizing that IRCC officers use adobe reader to open files, today I tried to open the work Experience document in adobe acrobat, it's giving me an error 14 that the file cannot be read, it does show some files(tax documents) but the reference letter and paystubs are not visible. whereas other documents like upfront medical, police certificates and educational documents open up with no error in adobe reader, I had combined and compressed these documents using the same preview app. On the other hand, the work document opens fine in other pdf readers like Foxit etc. My concern here is if the officer faces the same issue that I had with my work document will he/she reject my file or will they try to reach me out . I have tried to reach out to them via web forms. In the meanwhile I just got an update on 26 October that I had passed my medical exam. As per your post it means they have received my docs and I have been approved under the IRCC regulation act 10 if that is true please let me know. Also, what should I do so that this does not become a reason for my file being rejected.

Vjakhar

Star Member
Jul 19, 2019
Part 1 of 2: Post e-APR Process

Step 1: Completeness Test as per Regulation 10

Immigration Officer will assure that your file is complete as defined under the Regulation 10 of IRCC Act. If your file includes all details and documents required then it will be sent for Assessment.

Step 2: Assessment for Eligibility and Admissibility

This process sometimes called as A11 (For Eligibility) and A16 (For Admissibility on Medical Ground).

A11 will take some time, however; A16 will be completed within 2-3 days after your file is in Assessment Stage.

A11 (Eligibility Test)

Minimum Entry Requirement (R75)

Verification will be conducted on each of the Six Eligibility Factors (R78-83). This will only focus on assuring that the candidate attained at least 67 out of 100 points and Minimum Score needed at the time ITA was issued. Misrepresentation or Fraud check is carried later on during A40.

Education (R78)

ECA Report and Educational Documents are verified until the officer is satisfied to pass R78.

Language (R79)

Language Score is recalculated using IELTS Scores and Verification is done online using your Test Report Form Number. Once verified R79 is passed.

Work Experience (R80)

Verify Scores calculated and Work Experience Letters. Calculate Similarity of NOC Scores and verify documents. Officer will usually check email, fax, contact, website (if any), and address is written on Letterheads to verify if company physically exists and registered at the address provided. If Satisfied will pass R80.

Age (R81)

Verify the age against the official Personal Documents. Will pass R81 once satisfied.

Arranged Employment – if applicable (R82)

If applicable, will verify any job offers or call employer in Canada. Will Pass R82 after verifying offer from Employer.

Adaptability – if applicable (R83)

Verify each of the adaptability Factor and Points Claimed. Will Pass R83 after every factor is verified.

In addition, Officer will verify the Settlement Funds (R76) to ensure sufficient Funds are available. Once Satisfied will pass R76.

Although, at this stage, eligibility Test is completed your account may not be updated at this stage. Immigration Officer will approve your file and send it for A40 Test and if passed will approve your file as eligible.

A16 (Admissibility on Medical Ground)

At this stage, you will be requested for Medical Certificate or else your Upfront Medical Report will be obtained from your Panel and conclusion will be made on Health concerns.

Applications may be rejected if Health of a Person can impose a threat to Canadians health or will be expensive to treat under Public Health. This includes any health concerns with Children or anyone accompanying with the principal applicant. Good Panelist will inform you the same day regarding your X-Ray and other tests results except for Blood Test, which they usually inform within 2-3 working days if you have any health problem. Therefore, it is better to wait 2-3 working days after Upfront Medical before you apply with IRCC.

Once verified officer will pass and update your file. A11 and A16 Test are started together, however, A11 will take much more time to verify documents.

Criminal Record Verification

After A16 is passed, your first Background Check will be performed and your file will be updated. The status will change from Not Applicable to either In Progress (also referred as IP1) or Next step is to conduct Background Check (also referred as NBGC or IP1).

In this Stage, your Police certificates will be verified and assured that they meet the criteria’s of IRCC as well. In addition, they will send requests to all countries you have visited and obtain clearance from them. If these countries are quick to respond, then your file will move to Not Applicable again in few weeks’ time.

Step 3: Assessment for Misrepresentation and Fraud (A40)

This stage will start once both the A11 and A16 including Criminal Verification is completed. In this stage, your file status will change from Not Applicable to In Progress (also referred as IP2) and will be the final stage before PPR. At this stage, you may be required to take Interview or other checks may be performed. Once A40 is passed, you will receive PPR and you will be required to send Passport to your Visa Office for Stamping and receiving CoPR.

This is the general guide for understanding process only however in reality each candidate and stream may see a different kind of trends.
post aor stage after 2 days when i have a look again on transmitted detail , i found a typo error in passport country of issuing it is showing indonesia instead of india. all other detail and document are right. what can be done ? is that a serious problem or just considered a typing error. please advice very urgent and i am so worried

Eli1001

Dec 11, 2019
post aor stage after 2 days when i have a look again on transmitted detail , i found a typo error in passport country of issuing it is showing indonesia instead of india. all other detail and document are right. what can be done ? is that a serious problem or just considered a typing error. please advice very urgent and i am so worried
Just submit a Webform and explain it. you can search webform on Canada.ca website

Reactions: Vjakhar

Vjakhar

Star Member
Jul 19, 2019
ok thanks very much
can someone encountered such problem . is this a serious issue ?
plz advice any expert

Vjakhar

Star Member
Jul 19, 2019
I raised a webform and submitted my request through webform.
After 5 min, I got mail from Nigeria office that this office dont deal with pr application. They messaged another mail address and said to mail to this address. That address is of ghana
What to do?
Is reply occur from ircc like this from mail

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
I raised a webform and submitted my request through webform.
After 5 min, I got mail from Nigeria office that this office dont deal with pr application. They messaged another mail address and said to mail to this address. That address is of ghana
What to do?
Is reply occur from ircc like this from mail
When is your AOR?
Are you an Inland or outland applicant? If Outland?
Is your VO Accra
Did you send the web form to Nigeria?

Vjakhar

Star Member
Jul 19, 2019
Aor 2 jan 2021
Outland
I am from india.
There is type error occured in place of country of issuing passport it is selected as indonesia instead of india.
I come to know this on 3 rd jan, I send request through webform. I don't send to nigeria how this reply come I am shocked
What should I do. Is that a serious mistake
I am shocked it might not cause refusal. Plz advice

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
Aor 2 jan 2021
Outland
I am from india.
There is type error occured in place of country of issuing passport it is selected as indonesia instead of india.
I come to know this on 3 rd jan, I send request through webform. I don't send to nigeria how this reply come I am shocked
What should I do. Is that a serious mistake
I am shocked it might not cause refusal. Plz advice
You application is still at an early stage. And it's unlikely that they've started working on your application.

I'm not sure why you got a reply from Nigeria, and why it's redirecting you to Ghana.

You should however send another web form. Double check to make sure you answer YES when asked if your application is in Canada. It's unlikely it's been sent to your local visa office at this stage.

A typo like that could delay your application, but not necessarily lead to a refusal.

Reactions: Vjakhar