+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

post-doc researcher work permit

beenish001

Jan 17, 2020
Hi, I applied for an LMIA exempt work permit from India (postdoctoral research associate) on 15th Feb 2022. The biometric and medical were updated on 22nd Feb and 4th March, respectively. After that there was complete silence from IRCC. I then contacted the IRCC official twitter handle on 5th April. They replied that they do not respond via twitter for case specific queries. However, the concerned person also said that IRCC is right now prioritizing citizenship grant applications from Ukraine, and hence it may take a bit longer for normal applications to reach a decision. So I stopped checking my account for a few days. However, when I logged into my account on 17th April, there was the update of "We are revieiwing whether you meet eligibility requirements". I don't know exactly on which date this was updated, but going through the messages in this thread, I am hoping for a decision in the next 10 days or so. Secondly, I have one minor query from the users in this particular thread. I have noticed that both, the biometric letter and the medical exam form message was sent to me late at night. Does this mean that even if my case is being handled by IRCC office in India, I would always receive email notification in Canada work hour time? Is this the case with others also?
when you got your reply after reviewing eligibility?

tmahd

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
HI!
I applied for postdoc in Canada. I am currently in USA and my husband is in Srilanka. Can we apply together?