+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible to waive medical exam for non-accompanying dependent?

Landagirl

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-09-2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed 19/01/2017
Passport Req..
23/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
08/02/2017
LANDED..........
02/06/2017
Hi Bdrm,
I did a lot of research on this part and everything points to "the immigration officer's decision" as we have to convince the officer that we tried to get the medical examination done, sadly there is not clarity from CIC.
I ended up following Landagirl's advise, prepared a NOTARIZED letter detailing the information once again, pretty similar to the LOE I initially provided with the eAPR including translated copies of the recent emails I sent to my son's custodian, I hope this is enough.
One thing I'd like to highlight is that when I received the request asking for the medical examination, CIC gave me 30 days to respond and I sent few emails to my ex-wife asking to cooperate, obviously I didn't get any response, but these emails are the ones I mentioned in and attached to the notarized letter.
It has been two weeks since I responded to CIC and so far didn't receive any update.
I hope this is of any help to you.
We didn't hear anything from CIC after we sent in our letter either. What happened was his medical went from under review to passed and then everything happened quickly after that. They got the letter the end of December, his medical passed Jan 19, BGC changed to started and complete and on Jan 23rd he got his PPR email. Looks like his kids were holding him up until they got our letter. I am not sure why everything is taking so long right now but I feel for everyone having to wait forever. I would say if your medical changes that would be a good sign. Fingers crossed you get the same officer we had.

Reactions: Cali14214

vitiger

Nov 8, 2017
hi guys, not related to the topic, but is there someone experience this,,,,, i applied for permanent resident last year submitted the documents july and then aor august,,,,, just received today the medical report and it is only me, it supposed to be family of 5,,,, to undergo medical.... thoughts.... thanks

Ricaldine

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/3/2015
Doc's Request.
12/8/2015
Nomination.....
Family class
AOR Received.
4/16/2015
File Transfer...
7/6/2015
Med's Request
7/8/2015
Med's Done....
7/18/2015
Interview........
05/10/2016
Passport Req..
05/30/2016
VISA ISSUED...
06/16/2016
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to this :

I know you can never sponsor your kid if they dint get the examination done at the time of the sponsorship but can they apply for a visitors visa at a later time ?

can they apply for a visitor visa as a minor ?

can they apply once they don't qualify as dependent anymore ?

thanks !

Canimagic

Jan 16, 2018
Hi Bdrm,
I did a lot of research on this part and everything points to "the immigration officer's decision" as we have to convince the officer that we tried to get the medical examination done, sadly there is not clarity from CIC.
I ended up following Landagirl's advise, prepared a NOTARIZED letter detailing the information once again, pretty similar to the LOE I initially provided with the eAPR including translated copies of the recent emails I sent to my son's custodian, I hope this is enough.
One thing I'd like to highlight is that when I received the request asking for the medical examination, CIC gave me 30 days to respond and I sent few emails to my ex-wife asking to cooperate, obviously I didn't get any response, but these emails are the ones I mentioned in and attached to the notarized letter.
It has been two weeks since I responded to CIC and so far didn't receive any update.
I hope this is of any help to you.
Hi, pianoman591
Is there some news from CIC?
I have the same situation with dependent child.

Crystalline

Jan 5, 2018
Hello, I know it’s been 3 years now, but did you mention the child in the dependent section or additional family information? Please I look forward to your response.

Crystalline

Jan 5, 2018
I just received PR without having a medical completed for a non-accompanying dependant.

It did not delay my application at all. I received PR 5 months after initially submitting my application to CIC.

All I had to include was the custody agreement stating that my ex has full custody, I only have rights to visitation as seen appropriate by my ex, and a signed statutory declaration stating that I understood that by my child not completing the medical they would be forever excluded from family class sponsorship and I would never be able to sponsor her.

I submitted the statutory declaration and custody agreement with the initial application and was never asked anything more about it.
Please did you mention your child in the dependent section or additional family information?

Crystalline

Jan 5, 2018
Hello, please were your spouse children listed in the dependent section or in the additional family information

We got the same letter for my husbands 3 kids as we didn't do their medicals either. Both his ex wives have full custody as stated on the divorce decrees we submitted. We wrote a declaration stating that he is fully aware that he will never be able to sponsor his kids as family class to Canada. That he fully understood the consequences and could they please be exempt from the application. We explained that he wasn't in his sons lives and that they didn't really know him and if anything happened to their mom, they would be better off with their stepdad and her family. His daughter, we said we spoke to her mom and she refused and left it at that. We also explained that she would be spending her summers with us as per the visitation set by the courts. Three days after they received it, his medical went to passed, bgc started and complete a couple days after that then he got his ppr. It was a 4 month start to finish. A lot also depends on your case officer and we got lucky as I read a lot that they actually had to go to court to get medicals done.

Your ex obviously doesn't want to be found. You should explain it all in a declaration and send in copies of your unanswered emails and another copy stating she has full custody. State on the bottom that you are aware you can never sponsor your child under family class and to please exempt them from your application.

Not promising it will work, but it worked for us. Good luck!
lo

pianoman591

Sep 27, 2017
Guys,
I wanted to follow up on my case for the ones who were waiting for an update, apologies for not posting before.
After sending the last notarized letter, I got a form from CIC asking me to sign it, in such form, I was excluding my child from my family group thus renouncing to the future possibility of any kind of sponsorship. One month after I sent the form to CIC, I got a letter requesting to send my passport for the issuance of the immigration visa. When my passport came back, it came with the mentioned visa, giving me few months to arrive in Canada.
I did it as quickly as I could, landing by the end of February and I just received my PR card in the mail last Monday :) !
I hope this thread gives some help to other people in the same situation.

Crystalline,
You have to mention your child in the dependants' section. Additional Family information should be filled in with information about YOUR siblings and father/mother.

Cheers.

Reactions: Full_of_positivity

Crystalline

Jan 5, 2018
Thank you for getting back. I asked because in the dependent section, i have to put her passport number with the issue and expiring date. I don’t have custody, I don’t even know if she has got a passport. Due to this I can proceed to the personal checklist. Please what do I do?

QUOTE="pianoman591, post: 6900212, member: 701279"]Guys,
I wanted to follow up on my case for the ones who were waiting for an update, apologies for not posting before.
After sending the last notarized letter, I got a form from CIC asking me to sign it, in such form, I was excluding my child from my family group thus renouncing to the future possibility of any kind of sponsorship. One month after I sent the form to CIC, I got a letter requesting to send my passport for the issuance of the immigration visa. When my passport came back, it came with the mentioned visa, giving me few months to arrive in Canada.
I did it as quickly as I could, landing by the end of February and I just received my PR card in the mail last Monday :) !

Crystalline,
You have to mention your child in the dependants' section. Additional Family information should be filled in with information about YOUR siblings and father/mother.

Cheers.[/QUOTE]

Canimagic

Jan 16, 2018
Guys,

Crystalline,

Cheers.
Thank you, pianoman591, and congratulations!
Sounds very encouraging!

Crystalline, in my case I just checked the box that child don't have a passport (as he is little)

Last edited:

Crystalline

Jan 5, 2018
Thank you, pianoman591, and congratulations!
Sounds very encouraging!

Crystalline, in my case I just checked the box that child don't have a passport (as he is little)
Thank you! For me, even after ticking no, it’s still on red. This means I can move to the next page

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Thank you! For me, even after ticking no, it’s still on red. This means I can move to the next page
I updated a dummy number in there and mentioned the issue in loe. No issues about it.

Crystalline

Jan 5, 2018
I updated a dummy number in there and mentioned the issue in loe. No issues about it.
Thank you for getting back. Please after doing this, did CIC generate a UCI number for your dependant even though you couldn’t get Medical’s done for the child.

Crystalline

Jan 5, 2018
Guys,

Crystalline,

Cheers.
Hi, did CIC generate a UCI number for your dependant even though you couldn’t get Medical’s done for the child? I noticed a UCI was generated in my own instance after MEP for the dependant, although I do not have custody and couldn’t get their Medical’s done.

Crystalline

Jan 5, 2018
We didn't hear anything from CIC after we sent in our letter either. What happened was his medical went from under review to passed and then everything happened quickly after that. They got the letter the end of December, his medical passed Jan 19, BGC changed to started and complete and on Jan 23rd he got his PPR email. Looks like his kids were holding him up until they got our letter. I am not sure why everything is taking so long right now but I feel for everyone having to wait forever. I would say if your medical changes that would be a good sign. Fingers crossed you get the same officer we had.
Hello, did CIC generate a UCI number for the dependant even though you couldn’t get Medical’s done for the child.