+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

annibm

Oct 22, 2018
I'm the exact same as you. Original oath was on April 27, test invite was from SCR office and got a ghost update on May 3 as well. Yesterday I called IRCC and was told my processing office is actually Mississauga and they also said my oath hasn't been rescheduled as of yet.
Let me know if you get any updates regarding your new oath date.
Hi today my tracker updated with May 18th as my Oath date

kapoor619

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Does anyone know how much time it takes to get the citizenship certificate after oath and is it possible request a digital certificate or the physical certificate on an urgent basis, I have my oath from Vacouver office on 10th May and I am based in Calgary, I am flying on 21st, so need passport before that

Mounat

Star Member
Sep 15, 2022
Texas
Fully agree! But don't expect any sympathy from the people who where crying about delayed oath ceremonies. Everyone on this forum only cares about one thing .... themselves!!!!
There's nothing wrong with caring about oneself and own process of application. Most forumers do show care and compassion to others who seek info and those whose applications have been stuck, delayed or otherwise off target timelines. But with this recent strike, many here showed an unusual desire, and frankly just vicious sentiment, to vilify IRCC workers who went on strike. They were accused of laziness, greed, incompetence and other gnarly descriptions. Yet, once everything restarted, no mention of those character traits. Just euphoria that people are being rescheduled more quickly than they thought.

Ah well.

FromMB

May 5, 2023
Hi, Any news from SK/MB IRCC office? My oath ceremony date was Apr 20 morning and was cancelled on Apr 19 evening. No rescheduling email/tracker update yet.

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
Now you’re just babbling lol. How’s the conflict in Sudan related to what we’re talking about. And did you really just compare the immigration system in a country to the order of boarding an airplane??! Goes to show how shallow and limited your thinking is.
I guess it’s too bad for you the immigration system doesn’t work in the selfish way you want it to be, maybe take that up with the government instead of arguing with strangers on the internet. Especially since you have priority now cuz you pay taxes :D

I don’t want to hijack the thread arguing with someone like you because it’s clearly pointless. So enjoy typing your next article responses, won’t be arguing with you further.
Haha. It clearly shows how wonderful your logical reasoning is. Gosh. Have fun in your bubble and heaven believers.

CJ yyz

Mar 29, 2023
Hi guys, anyone scheduled for oath on May 18th received their Notice to Appear email yet? Mississauga office. Just wondering if it’s going to be in person or virtual?

argo1990

Sep 12, 2022
Niagara Falls Office
Original appointment: May 2 at 10:15
Rescheduled date: May 23 at 10:15
Email received on May 8.