File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
Go and check the original comment to get ur answer. My response was not related pr application or foreign workers.
Now I provide response for ur comment:
If you are foreign worker or applying for PR inside canada, you are still a visitor to canada. According to Canada’s policy, for any job in canada, CITIZEN and PR get preference. You cannot expect foreign worker or potential PR people should be treated along with PR AND citizen. This is what it is. Similarly, I can argue citizenship application must be prioritized over other applications except refugee applications. If it does not make sense to you, you may ask canada to remove the policy that citizens and PR get preferential treatment.:)
Respectfully, that is just a bunch of utter BS. It’s like if a citizen said you don’t matter at all and shouldn’t have right of service because you’re not a citizen yet. Just because you hold a plastic card in your wallet doesn’t really mean you are more important than other people who work hard and pay their taxes in the country. We all started somewhere, otherwise why are we here on this forum after all.
Do you know what IRCC stands for? The “I” comes before the “C” btw ;)
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that’s not how applications are processed and prioritized, privileged PRs and citizens don’t get to skip lines because “i pAy tAxeS”

Reactions: oboyzee and Ranash

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that’s not how applications are processed and prioritized, privileged PRs and citizens don’t get to skip lines because “i pAy tAxeS”
BINGO!

International students who work, pay taxes AND pay 3-4 times the tuition fee compared to PRs and Citizens. Their working accompanying spouses pay taxes.

TFW pay taxes. PGWP pay taxes.

Everyone, regardless if they are on a visa or a PR applying for citizenship, who are gainfully and legally employed pay taxes.

That seems to evade a lot of people. The “My application is more important than anyone else’s because I pay taxes.” just boggles my mind. I’m sure a lot of them also pick up sticks and move back to wherever they came from, once they have their citizenship.

• Haha
Reactions: oboyzee and Ranash

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Guys, the reality is that PR and Citizens do enjoy some privileges which come with the responsibilities of course. If you are, say a Canadian citizen or PR and of Uygur nationality/decent and was detained in China (or in that “part” of the world) Canadian government at least will try to get you back safely, but not if you are on a visa/student or worker, even if you are paying taxes. There are some priorities, of course. But when it comes to processing immigration applications, I don't think it applies a lot. For example, Ukrainians and CUAET get priority now over others in some aspects.
Yes, of course, it would be amazing to have our applications processed quicker, but let’s be honest, we will never know... Unless it is done by an open algorithm, we will never know. Let’s cheer each other. Share our updates, and wait :)

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
Guys, the reality is that PR and Citizens do enjoy some privileges which come with the responsibilities of course. If you are, say a Canadian citizen or PR and of Uygur nationality/decent and was detained in China (or in that “part” of the world) Canadian government at least will try to get you back safely, but not if you are on a visa/student or worker, even if you are paying taxes. There are some priorities, of course. But when it comes to processing immigration applications, I don't think it applies a lot. For example, Ukrainians and CUAET get priority now over others in some aspects.
Yes, of course, it would be amazing to have our applications processed quicker, but let’s be honest, we will never know... Unless it is done by an open algorithm, we will never know. Let’s cheer each other. Share our updates, and wait :)
Yea that’s understandable of course. We’re not talking about the rights and responsibilities you get as a PR/Citizen.
just the fact that this person thinks they get to skip lines and get ahead of everyone else because they’re more important. That’s not how immigration offices work, fortunately

Reactions: yyzstudent

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
Respectfully, that is just a bunch of utter BS. It’s like if a citizen said you don’t matter at all and shouldn’t have right of service because you’re not a citizen yet. Just because you hold a plastic card in your wallet doesn’t really mean you are more important than other people who work hard and pay their taxes in the country. We all started somewhere, otherwise why are we here on this forum after all.
Do you know what IRCC stands for? The “I” comes before the “C” btw ;)
Haha. My bubble! No one asked you to skip lines but have some sense in categorizing lines. You have a right to live in your space. Enjoy! Btw why don’t you ask canada to bring refugee from Sudan as they are having conflict like ukraine. Does canada care about Sudan? Here the system designed in this way. Peace.

Reactions: oboyzee

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
Yea that’s understandable of course. We’re not talking about the rights and responsibilities you get as a PR/Citizen.
just the fact that this person thinks they get to skip lines and get ahead of everyone else because they’re more important. That’s not how immigration offices work, fortunately
Gosh! Feeling Sorry for your ignorance.it sems when you take flight, you may fight with airline how come you have priority line for the passenger who bought the same economy class like me. They would say “ sir, he/she has gold card status even though he/she has the same economic class ticket like you. You may say “ no no no” don”t live in the bubble. Hahah. I enjoyed your illusion. Peace.

Last edited: