+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

crackjack

Sep 6, 2022
Vancouver applicant - my ceremony was earlier scheduled for April 27th by the Calgary office.

Tracker now shows that I've been scheduled for May 11th - haven't received the official invite yet though.

Reactions: segunalad

GwenFayeth

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
How getting citizenship will solve this for u?
Why dont u start applying for other jobs anyway.
I realize I was not clear enough in my message. IRCC staff went on a strike to obtain the very same rights that I am now deprived of. So I hope this would resonate with them that people on this forum share the very same issues as them.
Also, thank you for offering me to look for a job. It certainly did occur to me.

Reactions: 747-captain

cssa

Feb 19, 2018
New oath date: May 15th updated in the tracker (email yet to receive).
Old oath date: 25th April. Vancouver office.

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
I also had the test invite from Scarborough office but Oath invite was from Mississauga IRCC. I had been invited for Oath for April 21th, 2023 and the new date is May 12th, 2023. So yes, the have started re-scheduling but no notice email yet to know if it is in person or virtual.
It says May 12th is in person in SCR, check your spam or junk for notice to appear email.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/CeremonySearch/search-recherche-eng.aspx#resultList
325 Milner Ave
Scarborough, Ontario, M1B 5N1

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
Citizen application must be prioritized because we pay taxes. Period.
How does that make any sense. You think foreign workers and people applying for PR don’t pay taxes?

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
How does that make any sense. You think foreign workers and people applying for PR don’t pay taxes?
Go and check the original comment to get ur answer. My response was not related pr application or foreign workers.
Now I provide response for ur comment:
If you are foreign worker or applying for PR inside canada, you are still a visitor to canada. According to Canada’s policy, for any job in canada, CITIZEN and PR get preference. You cannot expect foreign worker or potential PR people should be treated along with PR AND citizen. This is what it is. Similarly, I can argue citizenship application must be prioritized over other applications except refugee applications. If it does not make sense to you, you may ask canada to remove the policy that citizens and PR get preferential treatment.:)