+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
I called IRCC today morning and they said that there is no rescheduling from NGF so far and they have no estimate on when it could be. Just have to wait .

• Sad
Reactions: krishm

smhsmh

Mar 27, 2023
Anyone in the same situation as me?, tracker says ceremony is tomorrow, but I haven't received an invitation email
I read somewhere in this forum that basically says no invitation = not happening. Tracker is more like tentatively, whereas the email is the real confirmation.

• Haha
Reactions: oboyzee

B. B.

Sep 11, 2018
:) Email SCR office yesterday, my virtual oath was cancelled on the 20th April day after the strike began , just got a reply they reschedule for next week Friday 12th , in my email, I have a booked my vacation since Feb. 2023 ,even send them a attached flight confirmation for June 4th 2023 and if I can get the soonest date possible and change to in person to get the certificate so I can apply for my passport asap so I have no problem missing my vacation date, thank god they listen so I will have a 3 week period to apply for my passport after my in person oath, I should be able to get my passport with no problems , the email and reply they sent 8:48 am this morning .

IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipCeremony-CeremonieCitoyenneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Good Day

Thank you for your email. Please note you have been rescheduled for your In Person Citizenship Ceremony on May 12, 2023 @ 12:30 pm. You will receive the Notice to Appear 1 week prior to the event.

Thank you.
IRCC Scarborough Team

SUP/JG
Perfect .. thats how they should Work..!! Congrats....

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
My personal guess would be:
1. Since there are in-person/video ceremonies scheduled until mid-May, they might prioritize the ones that were cancelled afterward, and that puts us to end of May/June, OR
2. They might not prioritize and those people will go back to the end of the waiting line, meaning 2-3 months or more of waiting
3. "Queeze" in the cancelled people in the existing/scheduled ones for the first weeks of May
4. Add new/extra ceremonies to make up for the cancelled ones - highly improbable.

Who wants to place their bets? :p
Looks like IRCC Prioritizing cancelled oaths from the 19th day of the strike to the 21st , im the 20th got reschedule already in person next week Friday the 12th , I'm on the phone with IRCC to confirm.

Reactions: irinaaas11

netghost

May 5, 2020
My mom had an oath scheduled for May 3rd, never got an actual invitation. Do you think she might still get it today or tomorrow morning? Vancouver (not sure if they are doing online or in-person oaths)...

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
:) Email SCR office yesterday, my virtual oath was cancelled on the 20th April day after the strike began , just got a reply they reschedule for next week Friday 12th , in my email, I have a booked my vacation since Feb. 2023 ,even send them a attached flight confirmation for June 4th 2023 and if I can get the soonest date possible and change to in person to get the certificate so I can apply for my passport asap so I have no problem missing my vacation date, thank god they listen so I will have a 3 week period to apply for my passport after my in person oath, I should be able to get my passport with no problems , the email and reply they sent 8:48 am this morning .

IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipCeremony-CeremonieCitoyenneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Good Day

Thank you for your email. Please note you have been rescheduled for your In Person Citizenship Ceremony on May 12, 2023 @ 12:30 pm. You will receive the Notice to Appear 1 week prior to the event.

Thank you.
IRCC Scarborough Team

SUP/JG
Oh great news! I was 2 days after you (24th April). Hope mine is not too far behind you. I also just emailed the oath department a couple hours ago, and am waiting for their response! Hopefully they reply with a date. I also have a confirmed international ticket for June 2nd.