File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
Any advantages/disadvantages for e-certificates over the paper ones?

I applied in January 2023 and when I was presented with an option to choose, I decided to stick with the standard and go with the paper one. Was that the wrong choice?

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
Any advantages/disadvantages for e-certificates over the paper ones?

I applied in January 2023 and when I was presented with an option to choose, I decided to stick with the standard and go with the paper one. Was that the wrong choice?
you get e-certificate same day if your ceremony is virtual vs paper certificate in few weeks.
It does not matter if you have in person ceremony.

Reactions: Omar.hr

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
:) Email SCR office yesterday, my virtual oath was cancelled on the 20th April day after the strike began , just got a reply they reschedule for next week Friday 12th , in my email, I have a booked my vacation since Feb. 2023 ,even send them a attached flight confirmation for June 4th 2023 and if I can get the soonest date possible and change to in person to get the certificate so I can apply for my passport asap so I have no problem missing my vacation date, thank god they listen so I will have a 3 week period to apply for my passport after my in person oath, I should be able to get my passport with no problems , the email and reply they sent 8:48 am this morning .

IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipCeremony-CeremonieCitoyenneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Good Day

Thank you for your email. Please note you have been rescheduled for your In Person Citizenship Ceremony on May 12, 2023 @ 12:30 pm. You will receive the Notice to Appear 1 week prior to the event.

Thank you.
IRCC Scarborough Team

SUP/JG

tritech123

Mar 24, 2021
I did not ask for a reschedule, I only asked about the status. Here is the email:

Hello,

Due to the strike action, your Citizenship event planned for May 2nd, 2023 at 10:15 a.m. is cancelled. We will reschedule your event as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

This is an automated email, PLEASE DO NOT REPLY.

Bonjour

En raison de la grève, votre évènement de citoyenneté planifié le 2 mai, 2023 à 10h15 est annulé. Nous reprogrammerons votre événement dès que possible. Nous nous excusons pour ces inconvénients et vous remercions pour votre compréhension.

Ceci est un message automatisé, VEUILLEZ NE PAS RÉPONDRE.

I called an agent they cancelled my oath scheduled for today at 10:15 AM with niagara falls office. they also assure it will be rescheduled soon I have still not received any official mail from IRCC or something in the tracker so i am planning to still log on and see if someone shows up.

tritech123

Mar 24, 2021
:) Email SCR office yesterday, my virtual oath was cancelled on the 20th April day after the strike began , just got a reply they reschedule for next week Friday 12th , in my email, I have a booked my vacation since Feb. 2023 ,even send them a attached flight confirmation for June 4th 2023 and if I can get the soonest date possible and change to in person to get the certificate so I can apply for my passport asap so I have no problem missing my vacation date, thank god they listen so I will have a 3 week period to apply for my passport after my in person oath, I should be able to get my passport with no problems , the email and reply they sent 8:48 am this morning .

Good Day

Thank you for your email. Please note you have been rescheduled for your In Person Citizenship Ceremony on May 12, 2023 @ 12:30 pm. You will receive the Notice to Appear 1 week prior to the event.

Thank you.
IRCC Scarborough Team

SUP/JG
Wont recommend to miss your oath for travel especially if its not emergency its a nightmare in rescheduling I have done that it takes more than 5-6 months to get back scheduled.

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Wont recommend to miss your oath for travel especially if its not emergency its a nightmare in rescheduling I have done that it takes more than 5-6 months to get back scheduled.
Think you got it mixed up I booked my flight since Feb 2023 back then didn't know anything about the strike , my flight is next month , June 4th I'm not missing my reschedule in person oath next week Friday the 12th , getting the certificate same day I have enough time to apply for my passport , 3 weeks time frame could even apply for express pick up. 2-9 days.

Reactions: tritech123

segunalad

Apr 20, 2023
:) Email SCR office yesterday, my virtual oath was canceled on the 20th April day after the strike began , just got a reply they reschedule for next week Friday 12th , in my email, I have a booked my vacation since Feb. 2023 ,even send them a attached flight confirmation for June 4th 2023 and if I can get the soonest date possible and change to in person to get the certificate so I can apply for my passport asap so I have no problem missing my vacation date, thank god they listen so I will have a 3 week period to apply for my passport after my in person oath, I should be able to get my passport with no problems , the email and reply they sent 8:48 am this morning .

good day

Merci pour votre email. Please note you have been rescheduled for your In Person Citizenship Ceremony on May 12, 2023 @ 12:30 pm. You will receive the Notice to Appear 1 week prior to the event.

Thank you.
IRCC Scarborough Team

SUP/JG
Congrats this is good news, I emailed too with my flight booking etc for 30th May I even mentioned that I am opened to in-person ceremony - I will drive down from Ottawa to anywhere in Ontario for the in-person so that I can get the certificate that same day. Thanks for sharing this good news, all hope is not lost then.

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Congrats this is good news, I emailed too with my flight booking etc for 30th May I even mentioned that I am opened to in-person ceremony - I will drive down from Ottawa to anywhere in Ontario for the in-person so that I can get the certificate that same day. Thanks for sharing this good news, all hope is not lost then.
A friend also said her reschedule oath is this Friday the 5th looks like the canceled oaths first week of the strike are being prioritized, her oath was on the 19th day of the strike .

Reactions: segunalad

Zeek88

Star Member
Jan 10, 2023
A friend also said her reschedule oath is this Friday the 5th looks like the canceled oaths first week of the strike are being prioritized, her oath was on the 19th day of the strike .
Congrats! Have you received the email yet?

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
SCR is doing it as far as I have seen. Nothing from NGF.

argo1990

Sep 12, 2022
I called an agent they cancelled my oath scheduled for today at 10:15 AM with niagara falls office. they also assure it will be rescheduled soon I have still not received any official mail from IRCC or something in the tracker so i am planning to still log on and see if someone shows up.
Same here, I'll still log in.