+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

felipeoxavier

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
My correspondence from SCR office after my initial ceremony date for April 27, 2023 was cancelled due to the strike:

"Good Day

Thank you for your email. Please note you have been rescheduled for your Virtual Citizenship Ceremony on May 30, 2023 @ 11:00 am. You will receive the Notice to Appear 1 week prior to the event.

Thank you.

IRCC Scarborough Team
SUP/JG"
Did they just send you this on their own or did you email them asking?
My cancelled ceremony was also on April 27 and my office is SCR.
Considering if I should drop them an email tomorrow asking about my new date.

alwo

Nov 9, 2022
My oath is schedule for May 9th as well. When did you get the reschedule notice? Does it show up on the tracker?
May 9th is my original schedule — I got the notice from the tracker on March 25th. However I haven’t got any email invitation yet.

javier.abraham

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-01-2018
My oath was on April 19th (Niagara office) haven't gotten a reschedule email, tracker update or call yet. Hopefully they solve this soon and congrats to everyone who already had theirs rescheduled

segunalad

Apr 20, 2023
I suppose that even if it gets approval by June, there may not be an immediate implementation since infrastructure such as a webpage and a system for generating e-certificates needs to be created.
That won't be difficult, I've had the privilege to consult on numerous IT projects for the government, this is a functionality that will be done in one sprint. In my opinion, if the self-administered oath will be rolled out either June or July - It means they already have a webpage that will general the e-certificate, and you can see the pattern, e-certificate has already been adopted, thus they would only be importing that template into the webpage.

Last edited:

segunalad

Apr 20, 2023
Thank you.. where/how I can request for e-certificate?
The e-certificate was just started in April - And if you had received email invite for the oath ceremony, it was mentioned that you can now choose to receive the oat certificate by mail or the e-certificate. My thinking is that, it is during or after the oath you will mention your preference to them.

Last edited:

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
The e-certificate was just started in April - And if you had received email invite for the oath ceremony, it was mentioned that you can now choose to receive the oat certificate by mail or the e-certificate. My thinking is it is during or after the oath you will mention your preference to them.
April???

I applied in March and had the option to chose E-cert if I wanted it.

B. B.

Sep 11, 2018
The e-certificate was just started in April - And if you had received email invite for the oath ceremony, it was mentioned that you can now choose to receive the oat certificate by mail or the e-certificate. My thinking is that, it is during or after the oath you will mention your preference to them.
I got the oath email in April 11th, but there was no option to choose e-certificate

segunalad

Apr 20, 2023
I got the oath email in April 11th, but there was no option to choose e-certificate
My thinking it they started it after then, I know someone who got oath email for April 19th and she had the option to choose e-cert, Infact she was the first person mentioning it to me, so it is possible they started it from the week of 17th April.....

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
e-certificate is available to all applicants who applied online or paper early on or after January 4, 2023. One can pick e-certificate or paper certificate as an option as a part of the application process. If the application was submitted before January 4, 2023 - one can only get e-certificate if you were randomly chosen for the e-certificate pilot. This selection e-mail comes as a part of the test invite. If one did not receive the invite or if they declined to participate, the only other choice is a regular paper certificate.

segunalad

Apr 20, 2023
e-certificate is available to all applicants who applied online or paper early on or after January 4, 2023. One can pick e-certificate or paper certificate as an option as a part of the application process. If the application was submitted before January 4, 2023 - one can only get e-certificate if you were randomly chosen for the e-certificate pilot. This selection e-mail comes as a part of the test invite. If one did not receive the invite or if they declined to participate, the only other choice is a regular paper certificate.
Based on your comment, does that mean I was randomly picked? I applied since Nov 2021.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022