N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Guys I just called IRCC. My ceremony for April 27, 2023 was cancelled due to the strike. I have been tentatively rescheduled for May 30, 2023 at 10:15 am!
Following your lead, I called IRCC (my ceremony was on April 24th - Scarborough - and I did receive the email invitation).

She said that they don't have a date yet for me, and they're in the process of rescheduling me for a date "very soon". When I told her, I have travel plans next month and if she could be a bit more clear on what that time frame might be like, she said "don't worry, you're very high priority" (whatever that means :rolleyes: ) and that "you should be receiving another email invitation very shortly, just wait for it.

Not sure what to make of this. :(

Reactions: segunalad

Cece450

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
We got an invite for reschedule however, it does not say oath ceremony, it says interview with citizenship officer and verification of documents. where as the previous one that got cancelled was for oath ceremony. What kind of a confusion is this?
Is yours a family application? if so maybe one of you got an oath date while the other needs an interview. Expand on this

Cece450

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
Following your lead, I called IRCC (my ceremony was on April 24th - Scarborough - and I did receive the email invitation).

She said that they don't have a date yet for me, and they're in the process of rescheduling me for a date "very soon". When I told her, I have travel plans next month and if she could be a bit more clear on what that time frame might be like, she said "don't worry, you're very high priority" (whatever that means :rolleyes: ) and that "you should be receiving another email invitation very shortly, just wait for it.

Looks like Scarborough is stepping up on rescheduling then! My tracker hasn't updated the new tentative date yet but should soon.

Reactions: felipeoxavier

Cece450

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023

Also did you qualify for urgent processing? If not how are you "very high priority?"

Reactions: irinaaas11

alwo

Nov 9, 2022
Just got virtual oath email...oath on May 9th . Guys do you think it will go as scheduled?
Have you got email today? My oath on May 9th was scheduled back to late March, however, still no email coming yet. No details so far.

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Also did you qualify for urgent processing? If not how are you "very high priority?"
No mine was just regular processing. That's why I don't know what she meant by that. Maybe she meant they're prioritizing those who were canceled?

I'm wondering if they're trying to squeeze us in with others in existing ceremonies (as you mentioned in one of your earlier posts)? Usually they have some leeway with regards to the size of those ceremonies.

Cece450

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
No mine was just regular processing. That's why I don't know what she meant by that. Maybe she meant they're prioritizing those who were canceled?

I'm wondering if they're trying to squeeze us in with others in existing ceremonies (as you mentioned in one of your earlier posts)? Usually they have some leeway with regards to the size of those ceremonies.
Yes it seems like that's what they're doing. They've also cancelled most of their in-person ceremonies for May. Did you talk to an agent or someone from the SCR processing office?

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Yes it seems like that's what they're doing. They've also cancelled most of their in-person ceremonies for May. Did you talk to an agent or someone from the SCR processing office?
No, just a regular agent on the 1-800 number. However, she did take a while (like well over 5 minutes) to find out that information. So there is a possibility that she was trying to find out that info from the Scarborough office!

Reactions: Cece450

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
No, just a regular agent on the 1-800 number. However, she did take a while (like well over 5 minutes) to find out that information. So there is a possibility that she was trying to find out that info from the Scarborough office!
When I called, the lines were so jammed, they didnt even put me in queue. They said call, later

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
When I called, the lines were so jammed, they didnt even put me in queue. They said call, later
My wait time was about 25 minutes. Try very early tomorrow morning (like right when they open). That usually works.

Reactions: sumeet169