+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

Zeek88

Star Member
Jan 10, 2023
Heres an update from TB

What are we supposed to do? The union has threats of fines or suspension of benefits if we cross the line. I want to accept the wages and feel what you outlined in your open letter is reasonable. PSAC is not speaking to is for any input. We’re stuck.
From a worker
Well that'll take us to next week at minimum. Very frustrating!!

Reactions: irinaaas11

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
*UPDATE*
Official response from the TBS:
https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-board-secretariat/news/2023/04/update-on-collective-bargaining-with-the-psac.html

TL;DR: Negotiations continue. 9% wage increase is reasonable

Original news conference from PSAC:
https://cpac.ca/episode?id=ac0eed77-9918-4f4f-a58a-830bcc302904

The Globe and Mail: Union leader calls on Trudeau to get directly involved in negotiations as talks with government reach standstill
(paywall): https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-government-frustrated-by-unreasonable-union-demands-as-federal-workers/
(archive): https://archive.is/VgndS

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Heres an update from TB

What are we supposed to do? The union has threats of fines or suspension of benefits if we cross the line. I want to accept the wages and feel what you outlined in your open letter is reasonable. PSAC is not speaking to is for any input. We’re stuck.
From a worker
This worker is expressing his/her own opinion. It's not necessarily the opinion of the majority. Fines are not enforceable btw in all provinces except Saskatchewan.

Last edited:

rizwan23arif

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
I just signed up to help PSAC out on the picket lines. I went to the Scarborough IRCC office and asked them if I could join their picket line. They said of course and gave my a sign and I was on the line with them all day yesterday. I told them I applied for citizenship back in May 2022 and still hadn't received any update and was frustrated about the process. They asked me what my UCI and application number was. After I gave the picket captain the information, he said they would process my application on an urgent basis. He said to give it at least 30 days after they return to work. See people, you don't need to contact your MP, make ATIP request for GCMS notes, go to a lawyer to file a mandamus application, or ask for urgent processing to get your application done quickly. All you need to do is help them out on the picket line!!!!
Looks like you have been fooled. Haha :D Definitely unethical. Without following protocols and any procedures, it cannot be changed into urgent.

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Looks like you have been fooled. Haha :D Definitely unethical. Without following protocols and any procedures, it cannot be changed into urgent.
It's definitely BS, he's just a troll trying to get attention, as of all of his previous posts where he insulted people on this forum for no reason whatsoever.

Reactions: krishere1982

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Haher :pEthics go out the window when someone is on strike. A press of a button a "voila", urgent processing :cool:
A fantastic way to get yourself into a trouble and risk losing citizenship down the road! You'll have such possibility hanging over you for the rest of your life. Well done on this end

Reactions: irinaaas11

borgams

Aug 9, 2022
They cant return until the strike is taken care of. Else they will be fined and lose benefits
They can. It's called being a scab i.e., workers that cross the picket line. They will receive their normal full salary. PSAC claims that members who cross the picket line could face fines and suspension of membership privileges. In reality, this is not enforceable (only in Sasketewchan I believe).