+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
Read it on CTV:

If you have been impacted by the PSAC strike, CTVNews.ca wants to hear from you. What service disruptions or delays are you currently facing? What impact is this having on you and your family? Have you determined what you will do if services aren’t restored in the near future?
Share your story by emailing us at dotcom@bellmedia.ca with your name, location and phone number in case we want to follow up. Your comments may be used in a CTVNews.ca story.
only the Union leader is not negatively impacted by the strike :D:D

IOI1984

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to respond :)
That’s disappointing. But oh well I’ll keep waiting. Good luck to all of us who are in this process!
Yeah, my ceremony was last Friday (21st) and I didn't receive any emails. I even logged on to my Zoom invite link, but nothing happened, haha

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
For people who missed the Oath ceremony because of the strike, do you see any change in the tracker?
I can't access my bf's tracker since he got the notice to appear email (the famous stuck in "loading/chargement" error), but I tried the F12 trick and it still shows as scheduled for April 27th.
I'll check again on Friday and see if it changes.

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
For people who missed the Oath ceremony because of the strike, do you see any change in the tracker?
No change in the tracker on the date (April 24), but the section that says “waiting on you” for the oath seems to have disappeared.

IOI1984

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018
I can't access my bf's tracker since he got the notice to appear email (the famous stuck in "loading/chargement" error), but I tried the F12 trick and it still shows as scheduled for April 27th.
I'll check again on Friday and see if it changes.
Do you have the uBlock Origin browser plugin enabled? I had the same 'Loading/Chargement' stuck page, but after disabling the plugin, I was able to log in successfully.

segunalad

Apr 20, 2023
No changes on my tracker. Won't it make sense for them to start planning a reschedule strategy while the strike is still on-going so that at least as soon as it over, we can all get rescheduled in a timely fashion. Or better still everyone that has been cancelled as a result of the strike could pilot the "Self-administered" oat ceremony.

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
No changes on my tracker. Won't it make sense for them to start planning a reschedule strategy while the strike is still on-going so that at least as soon as it over, we can all get rescheduled in a timely fashion. Or better still everyone that has been cancelled as a result of the strike could pilot the "Self-administered" oat ceremony.
Actually, theres a section on "Waiting on you" that disappears. I think it was automated to go away after the ceremony time

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Do you have the uBlock Origin browser plugin enabled? I had the same 'Loading/Chargement' stuck page, but after disabling the plugin, I was able to log in successfully.
Nope! I tried on 2 laptops and 2 phones (android and IOS) and had the same error. I do have Adblock on so maybe that's the issue?
Anyway, it's a known issue on this forum, but I do the F12 trick and it shows all the info I need anyway.

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
Nope! I tried on 2 laptops and 2 phones (android and IOS) and had the same error. I do have Adblock on so maybe that's the issue?
Anyway, it's a known issue on this forum, but I do the F12 trick and it shows all the info I need anyway.
May be try different network