+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
May be try different network
I'll try it from my work computer tomorrow using Safari, I only tried it on Google Chrome so far.
People here had the same issue and they were able to access the tracker once the ceremony was completed. I guess it's linked to that?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
No changes on my tracker. Won't it make sense for them to start planning a reschedule strategy while the strike is still on-going so that at least as soon as it over, we can all get rescheduled in a timely fashion. Or better still everyone that has been cancelled as a result of the strike could pilot the "Self-administered" oat ceremony.
You jest but why not? Bus a few hundred people to Ottawa, wave flags and sing O Canada in front of parliament. Submit self attested declarations of oath to the Minister. The media coverage alone would be highly embarassing to the government. Demand your rights!

Sheru86

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022
Are background checks repeated after a year (if the application is not complete by then)? I still am waiting for LPP to be completed. My BC was completed on Nov 30. Does this mean that if my LPP is not complete before Nov 30 this year, will my background check need to be done again? If yes, this will further complicate things for IRCC and cause more delays for a lot of applicants. I was so close to getting LPP complete. If only...:(

• Haha
Reactions: oboyzee

Beauciel

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
They've already been rejected, so why aren't they going back to work?
So Selfish. They're trying to bankrupt Canada. All our taxes will be wasted on them hanging and watching netflix at home.

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Rant incoming. This Is getting ridiculous. The truth is if they were so irreplaceable the government would satisfy all their demands. This is meritocracy. If someone has better skills and willing to work for that money or less, and so even do better, faster job then "market" wins. When will people learn that there is no such thing as "we are family here" at work. Any company, organization will drop any employee in a heartbeat if it helps them save on a bottomline. Unions won't win, striking won't help. Those who can adapt and adjust win. That is why I always admire immigrants who leave their home countries and coming to other countries like US, Canada etc. to settle down and start anew. They are willing to work hard and smart. Hate me what you want but it is the harsh reality.
You know what? I respect the strikers, I support their strike. How else will they learn a new skill?

koiwa528

Aug 12, 2015
OK, another resolution I wanna propose is that for all of the appicants who can't attend their ceremonies due to the strike, theh should be offered an option of skipping this meanless process and just be issued the certificate for applying for the passport.

I believe not all of the applicants really care about the procedures and we just wanna need the passport and the status asap

rainydayincanada

Star Member
Apr 23, 2023
Rant incoming. This Is getting ridiculous. The truth is if they were so irreplaceable the government would satisfy all their demands. This is meritocracy. If someone has better skills and willing to work for that money or less, and so even do better, faster job then "market" wins. When will people learn that there is no such thing as "we are family here" at work. Any company, organization will drop any employee in a heartbeat if it helps them save on a bottomline. Unions won't win, striking won't help. Those who can adapt and adjust win. That is why I always admire immigrants who leave their home countries and coming to other countries like US, Canada etc. to settle down and start anew. They are willing to work hard and smart. Hate me what you want but it is the harsh reality.
You know what? I respect the strikers, I support their strike. How else will they learn a new skill?
You support exploiting new immigrants and disadvantaged individuals, we get it.

Reactions: Maagie