+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

SamCCC

Apr 20, 2023
This is really disappointing & unprofessional to say the least - quite painful the lack of communication.
Why can't they just tell us if it's cancelled or re-scheduled?
7:45PM doesn't sound about right? It is unprofessional to keep people waiting.

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
CTV interview Fortier:
This has to be the most embarrassing interview I've seen in a while. She repeats the same answer to every question, basically. Like a robot on a short circuit. No wonder they're on strike, she's absolutely incompetent.

Reactions: Yuk1ri

Cece450

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
Reactions: irinaaas11

Cece450

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
This has to be the most embarrassing interview I've seen in a while. She repeats the same answer to every question, basically. Like a robot on a short circuit. No wonder they're on strike, she's absolutely incompetent.
She kind of restricted on what she can say, that's why. Chris Awlward on the other hand sounds like hes losing his voice lol and also sounds like he's starting to realize that their decision to go on strike may have been hasty

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
That's because not everyone in the union voted in favor of a strike, but they are legally obligated to strike or they will be breaking union rules. Some of the picketers they showed in Ottawa were literally on their phones, yawning and even walking off to get coffee. They didn't look like they wanted to participate lol
It's more like the union pushing its agenda regardless of what the members want. I get it, inflation is high, but that applies to everyone. If I go to my boss asking for almost 14% raise, he will laugh in my face. 9% is a good deal in this economy.

Jadjood

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
It's more like the union pushing its agenda regardless of what the members want. I get it, inflation is high, but that applies to everyone. If I go to my boss asking for almost 14% raise, he will laugh in my face. 9% is a good deal in this economy.
You give a big raise to your top performer and 9% is more than enough for IRCC incompetent spoiled brats.

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
She kind of restricted on what she can say, that's why. Chris Awlward on the other hand sounds like hes losing his voice lol and also sounds like he's starting to realize that their decision to go on strike may have been hasty
I know, but she can say "I'm unable to provide more details at this moment but we'll let the public know more as soon as make progress in our negotiations" or something like that. Not repeating the same thing over and over like a damn parrot.

Reactions: Cece450

segunalad

Apr 20, 2023
I agree with you 100%, I initially thought they were asking for 9% not just realized they were offered 9% but they are demanding for 13.5% - They had better take what's been offered now before they change their mind...Lol

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
I agree with you 100%, I initially thought they were asking for 9% not just realized they were offered 9% but they are demanding for 13.5% - They had better take what's been offered now before they change their mind...Lol
9% over the next three years, I think and they want 13.5% over the next three years. Govt say the inflation will be under control and it wont be so high in the next coming years so you dont need so high numbers

Reactions: segunalad

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
That's because not everyone in the union voted in favor of a strike, but they are legally obligated to strike or they will be breaking union rules. Some of the picketers they showed in Ottawa were literally on their phones, yawning and even walking off to get coffee. They didn't look like they wanted to participate lol
They are saying the article that the voting was cut short and only 1/3 were able to cast their vote. May be they saw losing numbers to voting and they cut short.