+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
The Mississauga office cancelled my April 19 7:45 am ceremony 13 mins before the event at 7:32 am. I highly suspect yours will be cancelled too. I find it extremely unprofessional that they cancel ceremonies so last minute.
Is it better to cancel it a day or two ahead of time, only to be back to work before it was scheduled and now you’re going to wait weeks/months for a reschedule. I’m sure you’d be complaining then as well.

it’s a “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” situation for them. They just can’t win no matter what they do.

pinkberries

Nov 19, 2018
Is it better to cancel it a day or two ahead of time, only to be back to work before it was scheduled and now you’re going to wait weeks/months for a reschedule. I’m sure you’d be complaining then as well.

it’s a “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” situation for them. They just can’t win no matter what they do.
No, they can cancel a day before ideally. If the strike ends on any given day, I can’t imagine ceremonies continuing mid day as it’ll take a few hours for it to become “official” and for workers to return to work which is not until the next business day at the earliest.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
No, they can cancel a day before ideally. If the strike ends on any given day, I can’t imagine ceremonies continuing mid day as it’ll take a few hours for it to become “official” and for workers to return to work which is not until the next business day at the earliest.
So as an example:

oath scheduled Monday 24th at 2pm. Today at 4pm they send you a notice of it being cancelled. Tomorrow, Saturday, they reach an agreement which means everyone back to work on Monday morning. Your oath is cancelled and may not be scheduled again until August/September at the earliest.

and you’re still Ok that they cancelled it early?

Gucheelady

Mar 30, 2018
3 minutes left I still haven't received any cancellation email. Logged in to my zoom link it says "Meeting is scheduled for 2023-04-21. Start at 7:45"
Thanks for the update. I’m literally glued to my phone right now, waiting for you updates

johnyrose

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
A
3 minutes left I still haven't received any cancellation email. Logged in to my zoom link it says "Meeting is scheduled for 2023-04-21. Start at 7:45"
please let us know how it goes for you..also which office please let us know?

IOI1984

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018
Nothing happened at 7:45 AM. Official email from CIC says 7:45 AM. But I realized the zoom popup window says Start: 7:45 PM.
Now I'm really confused. Maybe they'll send the cancellation email close to 7:45 PM?

johnyrose

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
A
Nothing happened at 7:45 AM. Official email from CIC says 7:45 AM. But I realized the zoom popup window says Start: 7:45 PM.
Now I'm really confused. Maybe they'll send the cancellation email close to 7:45 PM?
hang in there..there will be someone who will get you in (hopefully).

shishiradas

Feb 24, 2018

Hey. I just read this in a WhatsApp Chat. So don't log off, keep hanging in there!

[4/21, 7:07 AM] : Don’t be in a haste to log out if no one comes in
My friend had hers yesterday and it took them almost 45mins to log in
She was just about to log out
[4/21, 7:08 AM] : You never know keep trying...
[4/21, 7:09 AM] : Then? She got her oath?
[4/21, 7:11 AM] : Yea

Reactions: johnyrose

Gucheelady

Mar 30, 2018
Hey. I just read this in a WhatsApp Chat. So don't log off, keep hanging in there!

[4/21, 7:07 AM] : Don’t be in a haste to log out if no one comes in
My friend had hers yesterday and it took them almost 45mins to log in
She was just about to log out
[4/21, 7:08 AM] : You never know keep trying...
[4/21, 7:09 AM] : Then? She got her oath?
[4/21, 7:11 AM] : Yea
What’s your friend’s office?

Reactions: johnyrose